DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 25, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #4,037 of 13,478
Paul@ibasso.com

You can find the email in his signature. He started this thread :)

Thank you.

Even more bad news I've gone and dropped my DX220. It's got a dent in the upper right front corner :sob:
Everything still seems to work fine but I really don't like having defects on the things I use :sob:
I wonder how much it would cost to get the outer casing replaced or even if it would be possible.

May 25, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #4,039 of 13,478
Pouch, like from power bank...
can protect a bit from Fall, prob 0.5 meter.
scratch resist,
breathable, air can go in and out, no worries about heat...
the material similar like my Solaris pouch, breathable also...

courtesy image from ddmt, let me steal ur pic again... hehehe

below I take a picture to get the idea of breathable
Great way to keeping it warm.

May 25, 2019 at 1:27 AM Post #4,040 of 13,478
Thank you.

Even more bad news I've gone and dropped my DX220. It's got a dent in the upper right front corner :sob:
Everything still seems to work fine but I really don't like having defects on the things I use :sob:
I wonder how much it would cost to get the outer casing replaced or even if it would be possible.

Email: @Paul - iBasso

They are the best with customer support, and have incredibly reasonable prices for replacement parts.

May 25, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #4,041 of 13,478
Hi all, I'm seeking help regarding DX220's handling of playlists.
I created a playlist (.m3u) in a certain track order, tested it in Foobar and it plays in the order i want.
But when imported it via the Mango player app the tracklisting shows all the songs in Title (alphabetical) order instead.
Is there a way to make it play in the original order i created?

anybody using playlists?

May 25, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #4,043 of 13,478
Yeah, so it will hatch become DX300
In my experiences, the Dx220 could be the Dx300 judging by sound performances. But I do see why Ibasso is naming it Dx220.

1/ Ibasso and Paul did mentioned that the Dx200 platform would be here for a couple more years. So Dx220 is simply meaning that it is the second generations of the DX200 platform.

2/ eventhough there is a lot of differences from the internal components. The Dx220 still is using ES9028Pros X2, the same as Dx200. Given that some people can’t tell the differences between an IPhone to a Dx200 (my real life friend*), I don’t think those guy would be looking at Dx220 as a better device beside Dx200. They would look at Dx220 as the same as Dx200 from using the same DAC-IC.

3/ the new technology is moving too fast, so Ibasso have to keep up the paces. You can already see A&K using ES9038PRO x 2, and AK 4499EQ Pro x2 on their newest device. If anything at all, DAC-IC is still the main marketing ploy to this market. After all, it is easier to explain to my (real life friend*) that my device uses the newest technology.....than to explain the audio performances to him. Therefore, I am sure Ibasso is preparing the next generation Dx300. It fits Ibasso Moto and enthusiasm (always working on improvements, and enjoying music). That is why another platform such as Dx300....it needs different DAC-IC to justify and to avoid confusions altogether

May 25, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #4,045 of 13,478
Finally listened to my DX220 this morning for four songs. It has about 150 break in hours on it and the stock amp. Listening to CA Vega, it sounded sweet with great midrange, but no bass slam. There was a bass presence, but not what I have heard even from my HiBy R3. The Vega is a bit of a base presence IEM, but not yet.
Going to break DX 220 and Amp 8 in next week. Should have CA Andromeda and Cables from Norne and PlusSound coming in next week.

May 25, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #4,046 of 13,478
My particular solution to the case problem. I hate the case color. The DX 220 on the other hand is very attractive. I am not going to listen to the DX220 while on the go. Its heavy and gets very warm. I bought it as a music system that I can listen to while seated, relaxed on mt beach and home screened porches. I have light little cheap DAPS for walking and listening.
This is a GPS pouch I found at Amazon. Its the 5" one and fits and has room for cables.
lPmii3iGSsicT4hPCcMTXg.jpg

May 25, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #4,048 of 13,478
So what's everyone's take on HBB stating the Fiio M11 sounds identical to the more expensive DX220? I don't like the guy but it's an interesting observation to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back