DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #2,491 of 13,478
Coming from a Pioneer Xdp-100r with Shure’s KSE1200, would migrating to the DX220 be a big step up for me? Worth the money? Ideas anyone?

It’s worth the money you spend. I was from DP-X1 and Fiio X5iii with Shure 535 and hot a huge jump to DX200TI and now DX220 with EE CIEMs Phantoms (Spartans are reserved and substituted). I have never ever regretted. :smile_phones:

May 9, 2019 at 5:43 PM Post #2,493 of 13,478
Very curious how it compares to the M11!

I am not going to be able to do a fair comparison for a couple days. I want to let the DX220 burn in. But I think @scootermafia might be able to answer that a little bit better than me at this point as I think he has both as well.

May 9, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #2,494 of 13,478
So I have found something interesting with Tidal and the DX220. When I am using Tidal with downloaded tracks, I notice that masters will play at either 44.1khz or 48khz instead of the 88.2khz or 96khz. I do have download quality set to master. If I am on a wifi network and play a master that I don't have downloaded it plays at 96khz but if I add it to a playlist that is set to download and then play it again it drops to 48khz. I am guessing this is a bug in tidal and not the DX220?

May 9, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #2,495 of 13,478
So I plugged my DX220 in last night to charge and burn in overnight. I go to turn it on at work today and the battery is dead.

Has anyone experienced this?

I hope this is a one-off issue.

May 9, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #2,497 of 13,478
Makes sense to me! Might be placebo or inability to produce a good A/B with sound matching, but I'm hearing a little difference between SE & balanced.

Absolutely, that's what it's all about :)

IMO, I kinda agree with you. based what I exp and also my gear to pair with DX221 Mk2, u might get the same between SE and balanced, but the volume must be high, (Balanced around 17 and SE around 21, Mango OS), and is not enjoyable in long rung.
Since I am a low volume listener (8-12). I need balanced to get the Dynamics (power) in such Volume.
Anyway just take this as grain Salt, like u said, just enjoy it...

PS : this also can be said that AmP1mk2 is good.

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #2,498 of 13,478
So I plugged my DX220 in last night to charge and burn in overnight. I go to turn it on at work today and the battery is dead.

I would check to make sure the USB C was plugged in, at either end and try a different USB C cable. I have had that happen on all my daps, thinking they were charging but they weren't, went to use them and dead battery. Did it recently on the WM1Z, wasn't plugged in right and it drained down to nothing.

May 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #2,499 of 13,478

If I understand your statement correctly you charged it up then let it burn-in overnight - correct? It would then stand to reason that it would be dead in the morning - depending on what volume level you ran it at during the burn-in it may only last 8 hours or less...

Maybe I missed something?

Cheers,
Tim

May 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #2,501 of 13,478
I came off the WM1Z myself, and the reasons....the primary reason for that is because Dx200 has superior imagines and soundstage to WM1Z. Not only that, the Dx200 also support WiFi for streaming and internet needs.

@rutter , go get a WM1Z, and return the Dx220. You are in the 15 days satisfactions period....no question asked. But I recalled a few posts ago you were complaining about streaming capability of Dx220.

Yeah, sound is subjective, and there are places that WM1Z still is ahead of the Dx200, and that is the Timbres, and it Analog/organic tones....or that zombie like Battery..... Soundstage is never any doubt IMO that Dx200 is doing better. I have also seen others who have traded off their Dx200 and got into WM1Z. There is nothing wrong with that as sound is subjective, and you are welcome to do so. I would strongly advise you to do so. You know ? Switching into WM1Z.

But then again, I will say it, the WM1Z is good, and worth the money, but to me the imagines and soundstage on the Dx200 and Dx220 is superior, and that is from Amp3 module, let alone Amp8.
Piano on the DX220 I prefer the impact and timbre on the 220.

May 9, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #2,503 of 13,478

I experienced once. Charged my DX220 while listening then turn off but before that I checked the battery was full. However, next day it was drained. I put back to charge and the problem was solved but I don’t know why?

May 9, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #2,504 of 13,478
Oh yes, I totally agree on this. The Dx220 is an obvious upgrade to the Dx200 in timbres and body.
I mean in comparison to the 1Z.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back