DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 28, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #1,411 of 13,478
What about the 2.4G WIFI interference issue on DX200? Is it fixed on Dx220 with the new shielding? It was a problem while online streaming.

Not sure what exactly is the wifi interference issue on DX200. Signal noise when wifi turned on? Or if there’s any mobile device nearby? I don’t get that with DX220. Any music player that still susceptible to that kind of EMI interference should not produce DAP at this age.

However I can say that the signal strength and speed on both 2.4G and 5G is inferior to Hiby R6 Pro... And I thought R6 Pro is already quite weak in term of signal strength. Maybe I’m expecting too much from DAP and shouldn’t treat these as phone which primarily relies on antennas.

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #1,412 of 13,478
Not sure what exactly is the wifi interference issue on DX200. Signal noise when wifi turned on? Or if there’s any mobile device nearby? I don’t get that with DX220. Any music player that still susceptible to that kind of EMI interference should not produce DAP at this age.

Yes, that (signal noise) was an issue on DX200 and I saw it being reported my multiple people and came to the conclusion that is is a design flaw. I remember it was OK with 5GHz WIFI connections.

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #1,413 of 13,478
Background system app unpacking and caching. Typical of Android OS but usually not noticeable on modern phones.

Try have a look in DX220’s root drive under Pictures folder. Lots of gibberish files. My guess is those are your cached album arts :D
i did see a lot of album art in there an hour ago whilst i had it connected to the computer etc.

But no idea.
I just listen to the music and leave the tech stuff to the tech guys :)

For me it was just that first day, half day or whatever it was (and two of you have privided some Android info I didnt know about)

thanks!

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #1,414 of 13,478
I did not have any issues, but I heard others have been getting issues.

Did you get to try out amp8 with the DX220? I'm curious if that helps with the sub bass you were looking for on the Ananda.

Also I might have missed it in the review but how many hours were on your dx220?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #1,415 of 13,478
Last post from me today, hopefully.

My thought on why IBasso not installing Play Store from get-go. They aware of the CPU limitation and try to work around it. If Play Store is installed, it come with lots of other associated background services to enable login into Google Play Store. In short, they tried to minimise the CPU overhead and make the default ROM as lean as possible. I agreed with that decision if that’s the case. I hate bloatwares associated with Google...

Another thought on the benchmark figure being lower than DX200. Due to new design of using chassis as heatsink (method used by many new fanless Ultrabook and tablet), the engineer probably have to set limit on how much heat is bearable/exposed to user. Based on that limit, they worked backward and set the max CPU clockspeed. And that clockspeed is lower than DX200... which is highlighted by scootermafia previously.

All this constraint can be avoided with newer gen CPU however that will open up new can of worms. New kernel/OS optimisation (basically all work done on DX200 reset to almost zero), cost, compatibility with amp module etc etc

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019 at 9:30 AM Post #1,416 of 13,478
Did you get to try out amp8 with the DX220? I'm curious if that helps with the sub bass you were looking for on the Ananda.

Also I might have missed it in the review but how many hours were on your dx220?

The AMp 8 will sound pretty much the same as on the DX200 except for the black background and yes its a more fun sound but do try the PMEQ, it is pretty solid if you know what to do with it. I don't remember the hours but 3 digits at least.

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,417 of 13,478

However I can say that the signal strength and speed on both 2.4G and 5G is inferior to Hiby R6 Pro... And I thought R6 Pro is already quite weak in term of signal strength. Maybe I’m expecting too much from DAP and shouldn’t treat these as phone which primarily relies on antennas.
Mobile phones have good reception because they have plastic strip in their metal body.

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #1,418 of 13,478
Last post from me today, hopefully.

My thought on why IBasso not installing Play Store from get-go. They aware of the CPU limitation and try to work around it. If Play Store is installed, it come with lots of other associated background services to enable login into Google Play Store. In short, they tried to minimise the CPU overhead and make the default ROM as lean as possible. I agreed with that decision if that’s the case. I hate bloatwares associated with Google...

Another thought on the benchmark figure being lower than DX200. Due to new design of using chassis as heatsink (method used by many new fanless Ultrabook and tablet), the engineer probably have to set limit on how much heat is bearable/exposed to user. Based on that limit, they worked backward and set the max CPU clockspeed. And that clockspeed is lower than DX200... which is highlighted by scootermafia previously.

All this constraint can be avoided with newer gen CPU however that will open up new can of worms. New kernel/OS optimisation (basically all work done on DX200 reset to almost zero), cost, compatibility with amp module etc etc

Actually, the clock rate on both the latest firmware for the DX200 and the DX220 are now the same.

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,419 of 13,478
Just to keep people in the loop, here are the update notes for 1.09.092:

Android OS:

1. Rectified the bug that noise would be generated when playing high resolution music on some third party player APPs, such as Tidal.

2. Rectified the bug that there is no sound output when switching from DSD64 to PCM 96khz,

3. Rectified the bug that when playing CUE, repeat play mode doesn't work.

Mango OS:

1. Rectified the bug that the Mango OS crashes when the music file that has a long ID3 data.

2. Rectified the bug that there is a small possibility that Mango OS crashes when switching to artwork view on Album view. (Sidenote: I actually experienced this multiple times, I'm glad they fixed this.)

3. Rectified the bug that playlist is limited to 200 songs.

3. Rectified the bug that playlist cannot be exported.

5. Rectified the bug that gain is always displayed as "high". (Sidenote: It displayed as high regardless of whatever gain I was on before every time I restart the device or change to MangoOS. Glad they fixed this one too.)

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #1,420 of 13,478
The Android and it craps in the background is always there regardless of playstore being installed or not. The problem is more like licensing playstore as a manufacturer rather than any other reasons. Playstore can be installed via @Lurker0 firmware when he is done cooking. Keep in mind @Lurker0 provides and cook Firmware for free, so do not haggle and give him too much problems.

If anyone want Tidal or Spotify, they can easily download APK, and utilize the provided Apps on Dx200 such as File Manager and APK installer to install and use those apps.

Apr 28, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #1,421 of 13,478

I am not sure really how much of the heat generated is related to the SoC, as there are two _desktop grade_ DACs in this little thing. The next level RK3399 has even more heat generation with 2xA72 and 4xA53 (maybe more efficient power management). I also don't know if all 8 cores on DX2*0 are active at all times. But still the DACs are there.

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #1,423 of 13,478
Hottest player I have held. I did a 10minute video walkthrough of the PEQ and user interface and by the end of 10 minutes it was HOT in my hand. Was playing a 29/96 FLAC of Blind Faith album at the time.
Hi Chris, waiting for your review. How good is the PEQ when compared to the Lotoo's? Is there any distortion?

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #1,424 of 13,478
Apr 28, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #1,425 of 13,478
The Android and it craps in the background is always there regardless of playstore being installed or not. The problem is more like licensing playstore as a manufacturer rather than any other reasons. Playstore can be installed via @Lurker0 firmware when he is done cooking. Keep in mind @Lurker0 provides and cook Firmware for free, so do not haggle and give him too much problems.

If anyone want Tidal or Spotify, they can easily download APK, and utilize the provided Apps on Dx200 such as File Manager and APK installer to install and use those apps.

I'd like to add to this that DX220 has APKPure and CoolAPK pre-loaded into the device, so there should not be any problem trying to install other apps if needed, unless you really need the Google Play services to verify stuff like UAPP purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back