1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Issue Regarding Google Play Service

Discussion in 'FiiO' started by FiiO, Mar 13, 2019.
Tags:
Next

Last
  1. FiiO
    According to Google Play policy, any device that based on Android 7.0 or higher should get GMS certification to use Google Play service. Unfortunately, Google had shut down the GMS certification channel for versions earlier than Android 9.0, which made it impossible for devices running Android 7.0 or 8.0 to use Google Play service.

It’s an issue that we are facing on our new music player. In order to find a solution, we found that some of the apps available on the market allow users to download all the free apps on Google play freely. So we plan to pre-install an app named ‘APKPure’ on to the related music players for you to download some commonly-used apps.

Could you plz let us know how do you think about this? Or do you have any better suggestions? Thank you!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com http://fiio.udesk.cn/im_client/?web_plugin_id=24494&group_id=47899&language=en-us
  2. Bloodborne
    Why not just host the apps on your own website for sideloading? Is Apkpure really trustworthy?

FrostyP and gLer like this.
  3. gLer
    Why not use Android 9 on your new dap? Surely the latest and greatest should also use the latest version of Android? Otherwise do what @Bloodborne suggested and host your recommended apps on your site.

FrostyP likes this.
  4. Bio-Rhythm
    Is google trustworthy?. And down the trust rabbit hole we go, until some (more curious natured) bump up against the hard bed rock of "trust" which are the methods of science. Proven (trustworthy) to collect valuable and practical knowledge.
    Besides, at least Digital Audio Players don't have all the installed spy tools. e.g. camera, microphone (though some headsets have mic's), tel contacts etc, so are more secure by design. Plus they don't have all those social apps that can distract from the music :).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  5. gwertheim
    I would say to try and update to 9.0 as fast as feasibly possible

6. Bloodborne
    The companies who make the apps upload them directly to the Play Store. They do not do that with Apkpure, correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, upgrading to the latest Android is the best way.

7. WitzyZed
    Some applications (paid) for example USB Audio Player Pro use license checks through google play during the first 24-48 hrs after initial install.

8. Nayparm
    APKpure is pretty good, but if you have to include it, then at least make it a user app so it can be uninstalled if desired.

Or just provide a link in the instructions.
    Actually maybe provide a few suggestions with a disclaimer protecting Fiio, APKpure, APtoid, Aurora etc as if you include one and it becomes an issue Fiio will most likely receive bad press.

Some people will have thier own preferred store alternative, some will try every way to get full google play on there, some will love having a bloat free dap (google or otherwise), some wont have a clue and some wont care but i'd advise not to include it especially as a system app.

This is presuming Android 9 is a no go.

p.s.

or approach the few hi-res audio app devs to see what they suggest for alternate ways to license their programs, some already do outside google with email address and license key. There must only be a handfull of these apps. You may both benefit and come up with a deal, discount code with each fiio dap :L3000:

USB Audio Player Pro is awsome

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    fokta likes this.
  9. Nayparm
    will the new fiio daps allow bit perfect from other android apps ?

10. fokta
    You mean UAPP Bit perfect mode apply to other apps in Fiio... Interesting thought, if I understand you correctly...

For me, UAPP is a must..
    Spotify will be the next in line apps, since the only source to new songs...

edit : forgot the main purpose of the thread, my answer, is APKPURE is GO if google play service is not supporting..

11. WitzyZed
    That's not what he means... Bit perfect has been dependent on app developers (not FiiO) to facilitate for a while now. Neutron & UAPP being the only ones in active development that currently support bit perfect playback. The former isn't free but doesn't license check. The apk can be downloaded from the developer. The latter isn't free but does license check. So any store besides Google Play isn't feasible for UAPP. PowerAMP, another paid but side-loadable app once had hi res (24/192 but no DSF support afaik) in an experimental build but that's gone in its latest version.

fokta likes this.
  12. fokta
    I see.. learning something new here.. Well noted..

So If I get this correctly.... PCMIIW, UAPP can be downloaded directly from developer, and they will do license check...

13. WitzyZed
    As far as I can tell, USB Audio Player Pro can be downloaded as a trial from the developer’s website (limited to 20 minutes of play). But I believe the only way to purchase it is through google play. Once purchased & installed should you remain off of wi-fi, after 24 hours the app will become unuseable. But.. your signature says you use UAPP so don’t you know this already?

14. fokta
    Yes.. I bought UAPP though Google play... never from other source...

So if the new Fiio DAP going to have this problem.. at least or i hope there other way

15. Nayparm
    I meant like Hiby R6/Pro, while not 100% all apps, a lot of them do whithout direct support from the app dev.

'For the first time, enjoy the purity of bit-perfect music on practically all music apps, local or streaming'

Next

Last