DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 15, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #616 of 13,478
RAM isn’t the only upgrade here. Every component has been upgraded inside. The UI is completely new and rewritten for the DX220. The AMP1 MKII sounds fantastic. The screen is faster and more responsive. They’v upgraded to Gorilla Glass for the face.

The video posted above, doesnt correlate to what your stating. App transactions look the same, screen sensitivity looks slow. More ram is great, upgraded internals is great, but big fail using the same ancient chip.

I am a big fan of the company, and will most likely buy one, so I am not trying to stir the negativity pot. I also think it would have been a great option to to sell the DX220 with a new amp8 amp natively installed, so I am not stuck with a unused amp, sitting in the box.

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #617 of 13,478
Do you buy those iBasso DAP and IEM listed in your signature from iBasso or provided by them?

If you read reviews, usually that’s the first point that need be upfront.

I however do thank you for all the info provided here.

Like most people who review and submit feedback to the manufacturer I am provided a unit to preview. Are you trying to insinuate something dude? I make it very clear that I don’t work for them. I have also bought some units in the past.

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #618 of 13,478
The video posted above, doesnt correlate to what your stating. App transactions look the same, screen sensitivity looks slow. More ram is great, upgraded internals is great, but big fail using the same ancient chip.

I am a big fan of the company, and will most likely buy one, so I am not trying to stir the negativity pot. I also think it would have been a great option to to sell the DX220 with a new amp8 amp natively installed, so I am not stuck with a unused amp, sitting in the box.

You’re gonna have to wait till I get back home. I’m stuck at O’Hare right now waiting for my delayed flight. Once I get home and situated I will take a video of the UI both in standard mode and didn’t mango mode.

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #622 of 13,478
Yeah I wish they sent us a new AMP8 MKII but the new stock AMP1 is great.

Apr 15, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #625 of 13,478
Apr 15, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #627 of 13,478
Like most people who review and submit feedback to the manufacturer I am provided a unit to preview. Are you trying to insinuate something dude? I make it very clear that I don’t work for them. I have also bought some units in the past.

I’m not insinuating something. It’s not wrong to get review unit.

My point is that if you’re getting free goodies from manufacturer, be upfront.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #630 of 13,478
I hear ya’... certainly a nice option to have. If Amp 1 MK II is not available for sale separately from iBasso, I for one would be interested to buy Amp 1 MK II from a DX220 owner if it’s compatible as I might stick with my DX200.

so I am not stuck with a unused amp, sitting in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back