DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 3, 2019 at 5:16 AM Post #122 of 13,478
i know we joked about the 4 bars in the upper right corner of the 220. If this is true. How would that work?
Not picking, but do you have OCD ?

Feb 3, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #125 of 13,478
Feb 3, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #126 of 13,478
i know we joked about the 4 bars in the upper right corner of the 220. If this is true. How would that work?
It'd need a cdma/gsm connection and you'd need to add it as a device in your cell plan. Also would need a SIM slot.

Can't imagine that's real.... Not many people would use that function at this point. If you really want that you can use most cell phones as wifi hotspots, which would be the obvious work around.

As for OCD, what do you think the OC in my name stands for? Not to make light of OCD, but this site is just overflowing with undiagnosed obsessive compulsives and it makes me feel at home.

Feb 3, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #127 of 13,478
Not to make light of OCD, but this site is just overflowing with undiagnosed obsessive compulsives and it makes me feel at home.

and so do all our "friends" in the industry.

loving us all the way to the bank

although an occasional diamond in the rough makes its way to the party

***only $400 more in the envelope and I will be ready for the DX220 launch***

Feb 3, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #128 of 13,478
and so do all our "friends" in the industry.

loving us all the way to the bank

although an occasional diamond in the rough makes its way to the party

***only $400 more in the envelope and I will be ready for the DX220 launch***
Haha, right now in -209 in my audio bank.... Fortunately I have a lot of reasons to drive around at work and collect mileage reimbursement! Or I can reroute part of my tax refund to the audio budget.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #132 of 13,478
I

I doubt they would add a Sim slot, due to potential noise. But I would LOVE a DAP with a sim slot, with data access for the option to stream tidal, without having to use hotspot or other cables. That would be the ultimate device. Kinda always wanted apple to make a ultimate iPhone with a high end audio option, so I could carry just one device. The market seems to prefer separate devices though.

Feb 3, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #133 of 13,478
It'd need a cdma/gsm connection and you'd need to add it as a device in your cell plan. Also would need a SIM slot.

Can't imagine that's real.... Not many people would use that function at this point. If you really want that you can use most cell phones as wifi hotspots, which would be the obvious work around.

As for OCD, what do you think the OC in my name stands for? Not to make light of OCD, but this site is just overflowing with undiagnosed obsessive compulsives and it makes me feel at home.
Gotcha thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back