DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 22, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #12,631 of 13,478
Have you tried using the Android Tool from your computer? See the very first post in this thread where Paul provided a link. That should allow you to load/reload any img file desired so you need one of those files downloaded as well.

Cheers,
Tim

I tried the Android Tool. Unfortunately, it does not work. The tool is identifying a device, but refuses to load the firmware. Also, the iBasso USB Audio driver mentioned by Paul in the first post does not work. I googled it, and found that other DX220 users have the same problem. The driver is not connecting the DX220 to Windows 10. In the panel it says. no device connected. :frowning2:

Oct 22, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #12,632 of 13,478
I tried the Android Tool. Unfortunately, it does not work. The tool is identifying a device, but refuses to load the firmware. Also, the iBasso USB Audio driver mentioned by Paul in the first post does not work. I googled it, and found that other DX220 users have the same problem. The driver is not connecting the DX220 to Windows 10. In the panel it says. no device connected. :frowning2:
did you hit the play button?

Oct 24, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #12,634 of 13,478
Hello All

Have the poor battery life issues been sorted? If I purchased one from AMP3, the UK's official retailer, what running time could I look forward to with reasonably easy to drive IEMs, using AMPii? 8 to 9 hours is quoted on their site.

I currently have a Fiio M11 Pro and FH7 IEMs.

Regards

Darren

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 11:00 AM Post #12,635 of 13,478
Hello All

Have the poor battery life issues been sorted? If I purchased one from AMP3, the UK's official retailer, what running time could I look forward to with reasonably easy to drive IEMs, using AMPii? 8 to 9 hours is quoted on their site.

I currently have a Fiio M11 Pro and FH7 IEMs.

Regards

Darren
For IEMs I get around 8 to 9 hours, sometimes a little more. Depends upon the resolution being played and volume.

Oct 24, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #12,637 of 13,478
Thanks. Why were people reporting 4 to 5 hours?
As mentioned, resolution being used, the higher the resolution the more battery draw, the lower the run time, volume and harder to drive IEMs or headphones. There is only so much current in the battery. If on battery, use sense and if you want to drive harder to "drive" headphones etc and plan on an extended listening and on battery, then take another plug in battery or have it connected to the charger. Also, with time the battery may need to be replaced, which is not hard.

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #12,639 of 13,478
I am getting around 6 hours after a battery change earlier this year. Was getting about 5 with the original battery. I use AMP8EX, FDX1 iem's, high gain, custom EQ on, all wireless off, and volume typically 60 - 70.

Works for me..

Cheers,
Tim
I’m with very similar settings getting the same 6 hours playing files with Neutron all-to-DSD enabled. My DX220 is 2 years old.

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #12,640 of 13,478
hmmm.. seems something is weird with my DX220.... I did tried hot swap... then reset all, use AMp1Mk2... it was normal..

Then today I plug back my AMP8EX-FE.. It was so loud...
I was confused what was the problem...
when I open the audio option.. I find something weird... the AMP9 high output was available.. And l am not using it now... 20201025_173047.jpg
I swear I am using AMP8EX-FE.. not AMP9...
alrd restart, even shut down.. it still there...

when put back to AMp1Mk2. the option gone. but I try AMP7.. it shows up again... and I swap with the device off...
any idea...??

Oct 25, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #12,641 of 13,478
hmmm.. seems something is weird with my DX220.... I did tried hot swap... then reset all, use AMp1Mk2... it was normal..

Then today I plug back my AMP8EX-FE.. It was so loud...
I was confused what was the problem...
when I open the audio option.. I find something weird... the AMP9 high output was available.. And l am not using it now... 20201025_173047.jpg
I swear I am using AMP8EX-FE.. not AMP9...
alrd restart, even shut down.. it still there...

when put back to AMp1Mk2. the option gone. but I try AMP7.. it shows up again... and I swap with the device off...
any idea...??
Try cleaning contacts on the amp modules.

Oct 25, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #12,642 of 13,478
Try cleaning contacts on the amp modules.
Nope.. didn't work..

Positive point.. It Drives VE Zen 2.0 320 ohm like nothing in the way.. volume only 7 (ussually 111, on Android OS).
but, I don't like the signature.. too Bright...
This is what happened, when u make fun About DX220 restrictions jutsu, Anpunainjanpā Jutsu (Just kidding).

Oct 25, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #12,643 of 13,478
Regarding 2 years old dx220. I am still getting 5-6 hours with FLAC and WAV, some sneaky DSD64 here and there as well on Amp8EX.

try taking out all modules, then do a hard reset without any attached modules. Then turn it off and swap in the module of choice and turn on ? It could be a bug somewhere. But the Amp9 is very low in output VS Amp8EX which is the most powerful of them all...so that is why it is so loud lol!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #12,644 of 13,478
Regarding 2 years old dx220. I am still getting 5-6 hours with FLAC and WAV, some sneaky DSD64 here and there as well on Amp8EX.

try taking out all modules, then do a hard reset without any attached modules. Then turn it off and swap in the module of choice and turn on ? It could be a bug somewhere. But the Amp9 is very low in output VS Amp8EX which is the most powerful of them all...so that is why it is so loud lol!
already tried hard reset, without amp attached to it. and attached back AMp1Mk2... no AMP9 High output gain option... then I swap (device turn off) to AMP8EX-FE... And it come back again...
hmm...

I make a video of it to memorize...

Alrd talk to more exp ppl using DX locally, some of then were even said, attempting purposely to be like this state.

Well, I didn't want this because all my IEM will be very damn loud. its like plugging to LO jack (with volume only 1).
and the battery went down like crazy.. almost 1% per minute... and the heat generate by this state, quite concerning...

Will tried to re installed FW.. hope works...

edit : Long version..

edit 2 : Already re flash the FW... still AMP9 Output option there...

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2020 at 2:25 AM Post #12,645 of 13,478
already tried hard reset, without amp attached to it. and attached back AMp1Mk2... no AMP9 High output gain option... then I swap (device turn off) to AMP8EX-FE... And it come back again...
hmm...

I make a video of it to memorize...

Alrd talk to more exp ppl using DX locally, some of then were even said, attempting purposely to be like this state.

Well, I didn't want this because all my IEM will be very damn loud. its like plugging to LO jack (with volume only 1).
and the battery went down like crazy.. almost 1% per minute... and the heat generate by this state, quite concerning...

Will tried to re installed FW.. hope works...

edit : Long version..

edit 2 : Already re flash the FW... still AMP9 Output option there...

Well, there's @Paul - iBasso that u could always reach out to.
Kindly drop him a message. Always respond w/i 24 hours...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back