DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 3, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #12,271 of 13,478
With usb audio player pro on android you can stream music from your pc but I don't use this fonctionnality, all my music is on sd card.

Aug 3, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #12,272 of 13,478
If you use it as a usb dac you can play your music with software windows player like Audirvana or others
I do sometimes use it as a DAC, but obviously only when at the PC. My question was more for when I'm out and about.
Nick

Aug 3, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #12,273 of 13,478
update.img to sdupdate.img.
Crossing fingers was not enough... Update started but crashed after 1 or 2 minutes. I've joined a screenshot here
Another weird thing is that I have to plug usb to see the DX220 starting the update (when I plug it start without pressing any button!! just a micro second plug/unplug)

Attachments

• IMG_20200803_191820.jpg
    IMG_20200803_191820.jpg
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 3, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #12,274 of 13,478
Crossing fingers was not enough... Update started but crashed after 1 or 2 minutes. I've joined a screenshot here
Another weird thing is that I have to plug usb to see the DX220 starting the update (when I plug it start without pressing any button!! just a micro second plug/unplug)
From reading your last several posts it sounds like you were trying the memory card method to go back to an iBasso FW - correct? Maybe give it a try using the Android Tool now that your DX220 is showing some limited signs of life.

Just a thought...

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. It has been stated many times in this thread (and elsewhere as well) - you can't brick the DX220 - for whatever that is worth.

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #12,275 of 13,478
Another weird thing is that I have to plug usb to see the DX220 starting the update
This is abnormal: if you can't turn the device on by only Power key, probably your key is broken. The update process from SD card should start by power on by key.

You can still try to unbrick using AndroidTool, because it does not require the key press, then see what will happen... But if the power key stuck in on state, this process may fail as well...

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:41 PM Post #12,276 of 13,478
From reading your last several posts it sounds like you were trying the memory card method to go back to an iBasso FW - correct? Maybe give it a try using the Android Tool now that your DX220 is showing some limited signs of life.

Just a thought...

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. It has been stated many times in this thread (and elsewhere as well) - you can't brick the DX220 - for whatever that is worth.
I can't brick it but the question is can it brick itself? 😄
Seriously it seems that there's no bootloader.
How can such a thing happens?? I just let the device about one week in standby mode (not turned off)
As you say I will give another try with android tool but this morning it just found maskrom device even with play button pressed when I plug it

Aug 3, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #12,277 of 13,478
This is abnormal: if you can't turn the device on by only Power key, probably your key is broken. The update process from SD card should start by power on by key.

You can still try to unbrick using AndroidTool, because it does not require the key press, then see what will happen... But if the power key stuck in on state, this process may fail as well...
With android tool I just have found one maskrom device when plugging and holding play button like if there were no bootloader anymore. I don’t think power button is broken cose when I press and hold for 10 seconds it seems he’s doing hard reset (I see the difference when I re-plug)
honnestly I don’t see what I can do more...

Aug 3, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #12,278 of 13,478
With android tool I just have found one maskrom device when plugging and holding play button like if there were no bootloader anymore. I don’t think power button is broken cose when I press and hold for 10 seconds it seems he’s doing hard reset (I see the difference when I re-plug)
honnestly I don’t see what I can do more...
One last thought - when you tried to use the Android Tool did you do so with the memory card removed? If not give it a try just in case your memory card is somehow causing problems.

Have you tried to contact Paul yet and did he provide anything beyond what has been suggested in the last several pages?

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 4, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #12,281 of 13,478

iBasso CF10, Campfire Audio MW10 and iBasso DX220

Too early for impressions, plus i dont have the FiiO or Fostex to fompare. But as a ‘wired only 24/7!’ Person - i am quite enjoying them.
Need your input for Hiss on CF10 with Solaris if possible... Thank you in Advance...

Aug 7, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #12,282 of 13,478
If I reboot my PC and connect the DX220 as DAC it works ok. If I disconnect and reconnect the USB cable it then won't work again without another reboot. Any ideas?
thanks
Nick

Aug 7, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #12,283 of 13,478
If you are using it with mango app. Try clearing it from baclground apps amd then start it again. Pretty much do it every single time I use my dx228. Otherwise the app seems to crash quite often right after a break in listening. This way it is always running correctly.

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #12,284 of 13,478
If you are using it with mango app. Try clearing it from baclground apps amd then start it again. Pretty much do it every single time I use my dx228. Otherwise the app seems to crash quite often right after a break in listening. This way it is always running correctly.
Thanks for the suggestion, but actually I'm setting the DAC through Neutron. I did try clearing and rebooting the player, but it's the PC that needs the reboot. The connection between windows and the DAP does seem flaky. It's possible it's due to the way that Android is implemented by iBasso.
Nick

Aug 7, 2020 at 10:42 PM Post #12,285 of 13,478
Hi everyone

just got this DAP and it's really great except one thing, it runs really, really hot. I kind of knew it was going to get warm but after 10-20 mins of audio playback it gets almost too hot to touch. I tried using lower bitrate mp3s, different music players, different AMP modules (AMP1 MkII, AMP8, AMP9) and tried both Android and Mango OS. In all cases it gets hot.

Yesterday I even loaded up Lurker's latest ROM thinking it would fix this issue but it hasn't.

So I'm wondering if:
- I have a defective unit or if this happens to all owners here
- if there are any tips/tricks that you have found to solve this

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back