DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 6, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #11,551 of 13,478
Got a question. Something that is driving me nuts. I almost exclusively listen to streaming both Tidal And Qobuz. When trying to scroll down in a list or recordings it's almost impossible to touch and drag like I'm used to. If there was a side bar to drag down--that would be great. But I don't see one. So I do like I usually do on my phone. Lightly touch the screen and lightly drag down. Works like a charm on any phone I've had. But on the 220 no matter where I touch (can't find a blank space to grab) it wind up going to whatever recording I touch on the list. And I try to find that little space between recordings to grab so that I don't open up a recording. But there is no space to grab.No matter where I touch---even if it looks like a blank space--I wind up opening an adjacent recording. It's almost impossible to do a search on Tidal, Qobuz or either through Uapp and scroll through them. Did this make sense? I looked in settings to see if there was a way to change sensitivity or whatever and couldn't find anything. Any ideas?

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #11,554 of 13,478
And, is it even better? (Money plays no role)
As far as I am aware , no.
There are v1 , v2 , and some with different capacitors.
I would also love it if someone more knowledgeable would shed light on this.

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #11,555 of 13,478
There are no V1 and V2 for Official Ibasso Amp8EX modules.

However, Amp8EX was originally “DIY modifications”, and so people changes and tune it with different components, and slightly alternate the performances. I, myself, as the developer of this mod, did claim and at one time had another version of Amp8EX, but that was for personal uses. I then sold it to @Florin Mandru , and that was the only 1 of it kind. But that is that

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #11,556 of 13,478
There are no V1 and V2 for Official Ibasso Amp8EX modules.

However, Amp8EX was originally “DIY modifications”, and so people changes and tune it with different components, and slightly alternate the performances. I, myself, as the developer of this mod, did claim and at one time had another version of Amp8EX, but that was for personal uses. I then sold it to @Florin Mandru , and that was the only 1 of it kind. But that is that

I am sorry for the disinformation then!

And the Elna version is classified as a separate one from v1 and v2 ,right?

Apr 7, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #11,558 of 13,478
Which one is the one I got from you @Whitigir r?
You had the original one from back when Ibasso had Verosion 1 officially stock board. It was designed and tuned toward the best voicing with Dx200Titanium. Later on Ibasso revamped Amp8 with silent upgrade to go with Dx220 voicing, and this is the V2 “stock officially”. This V2 stock officially is then received another EX treatment, which is then Carry onto “official Ibasso Amp8EX”

But there is only 1 “Officially done Amp8EX from Ibasso”, and that is it.

I am sorry for the disinformation then!

And the Elna version is classified as a separate one from v1 and v2 ,right?
to be less confusion.
Elna version is the “official Amp8EX version”

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #11,559 of 13,478
You had the original one from back when Ibasso had Verosion 1 officially stock board. It was designed and tuned toward the best voicing with Dx200Titanium. Later on Ibasso revamped Amp8 with silent upgrade to go with Dx220 voicing, and this is the V2 “stock officially”. This V2 stock officially is then received another EX treatment, which is then Carry onto “official Ibasso Amp8EX”

But there is only 1 “Officially done Amp8EX from Ibasso”, and that is it.

to be less confusion.
Elna version is the “official Amp8EX version”

Just what I thought. :ksc75smile:

Apr 7, 2020 at 5:28 PM Post #11,560 of 13,478
So let me see, I have one of a kind, Florin has one of another kind, and all the ibasso ones are another kind, right? So do you have another kind for yourself?

Not confusing yet.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #11,561 of 13,478
So let me see, I have one of a kind, Florin has one of another kind, and all the ibasso ones are another kind, right? So do you have another kind for yourself?

Not confusing yet.
Nope, what I have now is the “official Amp8EX” from Ibasso. Because the pricing from Ibasso and “warranty” is fool proof. There is no way that I can make another Ap8EX for cheaper than $400 where as the official is only $260 first batch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back