DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Mar 31, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #11,446 of 13,478
Ok gang, I risk exposing my naivete with this question...so my apologies in advance.
I am new to the DAP world (and my DX220) and have a very very basic question.
Regarding how downloaded playlists are maintained.
I have several playlists from streaming services that get updated periodically, and I have them downloading to my memory card.
I assume that there is no way to delete songs automatically as they're deleted from the playlists?
For example...playlist A has songs 1-10. Tomorrow songs 1 and 2 are deleted, and songs 11 and 12 are added. Obviously songs 11 and 12 will be downloaded and available, but I assume songs 1 and 2 remain on the memory card?

The implication (if true) would be I'd need to periodically wipe the playlists and start from scratch, else I'll run out of room eventually...

Thanks!
what do you want to keep transferring it to another playlist and downloading that you can listen offline and it will not be deleted when updating. If I understood the problem well

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #11,447 of 13,478
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I appreciate it! I currently have the cube and I love it but was looking to get something more portable with better detail retrieval.

So dx220+amp1 mkii it’s what you are looking for.Portable with plenty of details and reference sound.You may also want to look into amp7 or amp8, I had amp7 and it was very good.

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #11,448 of 13,478
what do you want to keep transferring it to another playlist and downloading that you can listen offline and it will not be deleted when updating. If I understood the problem well
Thank you.
Just to clarify...ideally, as songs are deleted from playlists, I'd like them to be also deleted from my memory card. I'm just not sure that's what is happening.
Again, for example...playlist A has songs 1,2,3,4...10. Tomorrow the playlist is updated by the playlist owner and he/she deletes songs 1 and 2, and also adds songs 11 and 12. My question is, will songs 1 and 2 be deleted from my memory card since they were taken off of the playlist?
I think not...and I think you are agreeing with me?
Thank you

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #11,449 of 13,478
Thank you.
Just to clarify...ideally, as songs are deleted from playlists, I'd like them to be also deleted from my memory card. I'm just not sure that's what is happening.
Again, for example...playlist A has songs 1,2,3,4...10. Tomorrow the playlist is updated by the playlist owner and he/she deletes songs 1 and 2, and also adds songs 11 and 12. My question is, will songs 1 and 2 be deleted from my memory card since they were taken off of the playlist?
I think not...and I think you are agreeing with me?
Thank you
Not sure i understand .What download service is it and how is it written to your memory card?

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #11,450 of 13,478
Not sure i understand .What download service is it and how is it written to your memory card?
I am downloading from Tidal and Amazon Music HD. Both apps allow you to choose where you'd like to download music to - either the device directly, or a memory card. I've chosen the latter.

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #11,451 of 13,478
[КУОТЕ = "гнахра, пошта: 15535886, члан: 527176"]
Хвала вам.
Само да појасним ... у идеалном случају, пошто се песме бришу са листа за репродукцију, волео бих да се обришу и са моје меморијске картице. Само нисам сигуран да се то дешава.
Поново, на пример ... песма А има песме 1,2,3,4 ... 10. Сутра листу репродукције ажурира власник листе репродуковања и брише песме 1 и 2, а такође додаје и песме 11 и 12. Моје питање је да ли ће песме 1 и 2 бити избрисане са моје меморијске картице пошто су скинуте са листе репродуковања ?
Мислим да не ... и мислим да се слажете са мном?
Хвала вам
[/ КУОТЕ]
Допустите ми да појасним како је ваша картица повезана са стрмом услугом?

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #11,452 of 13,478
[КУОТЕ = "гнахра, пошта: 15535886, члан: 527176"]
Хвала вам.
Само да појасним ... у идеалном случају, пошто се песме бришу са листа за репродукцију, волео бих да се обришу и са моје меморијске картице. Само нисам сигуран да се то дешава.
Поново, на пример ... песма А има песме 1,2,3,4 ... 10. Сутра листу репродукције ажурира власник листе репродуковања и брише песме 1 и 2, а такође додаје и песме 11 и 12. Моје питање је да ли ће песме 1 и 2 бити избрисане са моје меморијске картице пошто су скинуте са листе репродуковања ?
Мислим да не ... и мислим да се слажете са мном?
Хвала вам
[/ КУОТЕ]
Допустите ми да појасним како је ваша картица повезана са стрмом услугом?
I didn't know it. You taught me something new. Then your question remains open. And then I'm interested in answering your question

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #11,453 of 13,478
I didn't know it. You taught me something new. Then your question remains open. And then I'm interested in answering your question
ok great...maybe @Paul - iBasso can help? Paul, what do you think?

Mar 31, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #11,456 of 13,478
sorry. translator is a disaster
No worries. I'm not sure about your other question (transferring music to the card); where's the music now? On the device?

Mar 31, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #11,458 of 13,478
download in tidal library
Well I'm not sure I understand the question 100%, but...under your settings in the Tidal app, under "My Content," there's an option for "Download destination." I see two options when I click here - internal (i.e., device) and memory card. I've selected memory card.

Mar 31, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #11,459 of 13,478
ok great...maybe @Paul - iBasso can help? Paul, what do you think?
So the import function for playlists was not readily obvious for me but after some experimentation and investigation I figured out that you need to navigate to wherever your playlist(s) are stored, either in the DX220 memory or on your memory card, then once you select the desired file you will be asked if you would like to import the file. The DX220 stores the imported playlists in the following directory: /ibasso/mangoPlayer/playlist/android for the Android Mode and in /ibasso/mangoPlayer/playlist/mango for Mango Mode use. You can also copy/share the playlists between each side this way - and Android Mode allows you to rename the playlist which Mango Mode does not. I have requested to Paul/iBasso to make some improvements in a future FW to streamline and make all this easier. Hopefully, when the COVID-19 tragedy is behind us all they will be able to work some of the requests made in the dedicated DX220 software thread.

Hope this helps.

P.S. - When I stated above to navigate to where your playlist(s) are stored - should have said to do that using the Directory browse mode.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back