DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Mar 9, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #11,311 of 13,478
I have tried removing and reinserting the amp on my dx220. I'm not sure how it cause battery consumption, but I've seen about 2hours increase of battery. I used to have about 4-5hrs only.
Could be that by removing and reinstalling you now have a better electrical connection/reduced contact resistance feeding the amp module and thus improved battery performance. I have seen this, as I imagine most others have as well, with various electronic/electrical devices where cleaning the contacts can have a significant improvement on the connection, etc.

Anyways, enjoy the increase and thanks for sharing that with the rest of us!

Cheers,
Tim

Mar 10, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #11,312 of 13,478
I have tried removing and reinserting the amp on my dx220. I'm not sure how it cause battery consumption, but I've seen about 2hours increase of battery. I used to have about 4-5hrs only.

Great! I can´t imagine other reason than the one pointed by @CobraMan - enjoy.
If I were you I would disconnect it again to see if I would gain another +2 hours ... just in case... :sob:

Mar 12, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #11,314 of 13,478
Mar 12, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #11,315 of 13,478
How the DX220 compares to Chord Mojo ?

More specifically, I actually have Hifiman Sundara powered by Chord Mojo and it is really nice, however something less cumbersome and more nice sounding would be great :)

Mar 12, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #11,316 of 13,478
You know you should give AMP9 a minimum of 50-100 hours before judging the SQ, right? I don't understand how you could evaluate it properly after "It was plugged in couple of time to do a/b test ...". Just an FYI.
None on my gear started to sound magicaly different than what it was new after 100 or 200h. So why amp9 suddenly?
It does change yes, but not drastically.

I bought it purely out of curiousity. I was not expecting it to outperform my Ultimate amp8. Just wanted to hear it otherwise it would have bothered me to death haha.
Amp8 suit my taste better and tberefore im selling amp9 simplez.

Mar 12, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #11,317 of 13,478
You know you should give AMP9 a minimum of 50-100 hours before judging the SQ, right? I don't understand how you could evaluate it properly after "It was plugged in couple of time to do a/b test ...". Just an FYI.
Same DAP... same headphone amp... :)

Mar 12, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #11,318 of 13,478
None on my gear started to sound magicaly different than what it was new after 100 or 200h. So why amp9 suddenly?
It does change yes, but not drastically.

I bought it purely out of curiousity. I was not expecting it to outperform my Ultimate amp8. Just wanted to hear it otherwise it would have bothered me to death haha.
Amp8 suit my taste better and tberefore im selling amp9 simplez.

AMP9 has real tubes in it. Tubes respond more to "burn in" than solid state gear. I have had tubes that sound "meh" fresh out of the box that take 300 hours to reach peak performance. The change is often much more dramatic than with solid state gear. AMP9 is a special case for this reason.

Mar 12, 2020 at 5:14 PM Post #11,319 of 13,478
AMP9 has real tubes in it. Tubes respond more to "burn in" than solid state gear. I have had tubes that sound "meh" fresh out of the box that take 300 hours to reach peak performance. The change is often much more dramatic than with solid state gear. AMP9 is a special case for this reason.
Yep no problem. I will take my amp9 off sale for you dont worry.

Mar 12, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #11,320 of 13,478
I'm not worried. I am making the point that AMP9 needs more play time before you drop a verdict on it - otherwise you could be missing out on a great sounding amp module. Up to you.

Mar 12, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #11,321 of 13,478
I'm not worried. I am making the point that AMP9 needs more play time before you drop a verdict on it - otherwise you could be missing out on a great sounding amp module. Up to you.
Its not going to sound anything like amp8 they are different. And amp8 is my preference. they are both good amps out of the box. I am just keeping 1 thats all.
Thanks.

Lets move on please.

Next post!

Mar 12, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #11,322 of 13,478
FYI please don't ask me to do any more amp mods etc, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should do everyones mods for free. I already only charge cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D

Mar 12, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #11,323 of 13,478
FYI please don't ask me to do any more amp mods etc, I've had a warning from Head-Fi, apparently I should do everyones mods for free. I already only charge cost for parts and shipping. My time was pretty much peanuts for the time it takes. They have also been looking at my personal ebay. So from now on no more mods, except my own and I may just delete my account :D
It is a shame that it has to come to this. I am sorry to hear that

Mar 12, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #11,325 of 13,478
It is a shame, and here's me thinking i was contributing back to the forum.
I agree, is there a better forums for us audiophiles ?

Apparently, trolling behaviors are considered more of a contributions than what we have been doing as in modifications firmwares and hardware

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back