DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 15, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #10,186 of 13,478
It was explained a lot of times in this thread, basically the EQ drops -6DB (I don't remember If its 6 or 12, im not sure) so you can up the frequencies up to
Has anyone got Fidelizer signature mod for amp8?
I am looking to get one for myself.

also, anyone has experience with Fidelizer advanced rom?

thanks
I have the enhanced and today will upgrade to the advanced one. And under my scope its the signature mod after the rom :) Ask me anything

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #10,187 of 13,478
Anyone have Fidelizer perform the Reference, Signature or Materpiece mods? I'm thinking of sending mine in with AMP9.
https://www.fidelizer-audio.com/portable-products/

How different are the Fidelizer mods to the AMP8-EX?

What is the iBasso DX228 that I see some of you have? I presume it's some sort of modded version?

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #10,188 of 13,478
Anyone have Fidelizer perform the Reference, Signature or Materpiece mods? I'm thinking of sending mine in with AMP9.

What is the iBasso DX228 that I see some of you have? I presume it's some sort of modded version?
DX228 its the DX220 DAP + amp8 module = DX228

I will do this mod in the near future but im not sure which one. For sure, at least the signature but im thinking seriously on the masterpiece mod

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #10,189 of 13,478
DX228 its the DX220 DAP + amp8 module = DX228

I will do this mod in the near future but im not sure which one. For sure, at least the signature but im thinking seriously on the masterpiece mod
Gotcha. Thanks.

Jan 15, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #10,191 of 13,478

free rom what improvements does it bring in sound quality?

Jan 15, 2020 at 2:23 AM Post #10,192 of 13,478
I would say that its better if you try it by yourself, each sensation can vary from one person to another. I started with free one, then I jumped into enhanced and today I bought advanced, is worth every penny

Jan 15, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #10,193 of 13,478
I would say that its better if you try it by yourself, each sensation can vary from one person to another. I started with free one, then I jumped into enhanced and today I bought advanced, is worth every penny
Yeh i will hold my horses with with main body mod. But my amp8 will go for a ride signature mod for sure.
Chatted with Lucifiar from Fidelizer via skype and the round trip from uk isnt bad. As a package i would get Advanced ROM for half price.
So just a matter of selling my wm1a now.

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #10,194 of 13,478
I’m not talking about the rom. See the link I posted - these are mods to the hardware.

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #10,195 of 13,478

I have his Ultimate mod on my AMP8 and it sounds utterly amazing. I’m debating getting the same for my AMP9.

Be aware not all 3 of those mods are for the AMP unit, Masterpiece is for the DX220.
Reference and Signature are for the AMP units, he also offers an Ultimate mod that’s not listed on the site. It’s $350 for the mod to the AMP and $600 for the Ultimate mod for the DX220

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #10,196 of 13,478
if i put amp8ex on unmodified dx220 will i feel the same better than normal amp8?
Right now while charging at 97% I found it off and it didn't turn on again, do you think it's a firmware problem or?

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:36 AM Post #10,197 of 13,478
I have his Ultimate mod on my AMP8 and it sounds utterly amazing. I’m debating getting the same for my AMP9.

Be aware not all 3 of those mods are for the AMP unit, Masterpiece is for the DX220.
Reference and Signature are for the AMP units, he also offers an Ultimate mod that’s not listed on the site. It’s $350 for the mod to the AMP and $600 for the Ultimate mod for the DX220
That is a good bit of info there, thanks. I did not know about ultimate mod. As mentioned i dont want to send my dap for modding yet. And i thought Signature is best amp mod available. Need to speak to Fidelizer about Ultimate mod

Could you describe the improvements on Ultimate mod for amp8 please?

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #10,198 of 13,478
Im writing a full review of the solution but I would like to do it on a proper review on the website but its gonna be my first time, please, can someone help me on the steps creation? Just to be sure that im complaining with the rules, I would like to provide a very good and complete review

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #10,199 of 13,478
That is a good bit of info there, thanks. I did not know about ultimate mod. As mentioned i dont want to send my dap for modding yet. And i thought Signature is best amp mod available. Need to speak to Fidelizer about Ultimate mod

Could you describe the improvements on Ultimate mod for amp8 please?

I’ve never heard a stock AMP8 and bought mine already modded so can’t really say what the improvements are.
You’d have to ask Fidelizer himself.

Jan 15, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #10,200 of 13,478
Some good discussions/info on here. I prefer the regular AMP9 over the regular AMP8, so I'm going to contact Fidelizer regarding the mods to the DX220 and also to the AMP9. I'll report back after the mods are done and the units are back in my hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back