DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 16, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #8,731 of 13,478
I would like to tag @Paul - iBasso into this ideas to bring forth the “Fan-Limited Edition” of the combination DX220 and Amp8 under the EX-modifications. Then it would be possible that Ibasso May be able to pull it off from their own chain of productions with a limited run. For example, a 150-200 units or so.

maybe Paul would be interested enough, and maybe we need to put in a down payment to kick-start it forward ? Idk, but one thing for sure is that if we gathered enough interests, It would for sure demand some answer

to start this off, we probably need to sign a petition. If so, please follow this as Copy and Paste onward.

We are interested in the “Fan-Limited Edition” of the DX220 and Amp8 as a combo. It would have included a stock Dx220 Main unit that is EX-modified, and Amp8 EX-modified

4/ @HK_sends interest (in this or @rr12267's idea of a turn-in...or even trade-in...for upgrade)

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 2:55 AM Post #8,741 of 13,478
Quick question:

I am using the Optical out from DX220 to the Optical In of my RME ADI-2. Is there any benefit of using the Coaxial digital In over Optical or the other way around?

Also when I use the Neutron Player and then use the optical out from DX220 (optical/coaxial) to the RME, the songs starts clicking. This happens when the PCM->DSD upsample is enabled in the app.

And has anyone been able to get Amazon HD play the full 192khz on their DX220? Mine is capped to 24/44.1 maximum no matter what.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:20 AM Post #8,742 of 13,478
Quick question:

I am using the Optical out from DX220 to the Optical In of my RME ADI-2. Is there any benefit of using the Coaxial digital In over Optical or the other way around?

Also when I use the Neutron Player and then use the optical out from DX220 (optical/coaxial) to the RME, the songs starts clicking. This happens when the PCM->DSD upsample is enabled in the app.

And has anyone been able to get Amazon HD play the full 192khz on their DX220? Mine is capped to 24/44.1 maximum no matter what.

To solve the clicking issue, please ensure that you select DSD64 and Multithreaded Processing.

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #8,743 of 13,478
Quick question:

Its really dependant on the particular pairing. Optical keeps everything electrically isolated but doesn't necessarily sound better. Coax can do higher bitrates.

I would recommend trying both with your particular pairing and then choosing the option that sounds best to you.

Oct 17, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #8,744 of 13,478
Well I revived my AMP8 from AMP3. and it works :) so I'll try it out for a few weeks before Modding. Unfortunately it turned up with one of the side screws missing and the other with the head damaged. :frowning2: It was ordered as 'box open' and I got a discount so its not AMP3's fault. But I would like some screws to secure it, anyone have any ideas where I can get some ? and what the model number / description is ? @Paul - iBasso can you help me with details or will you sell me some screws ?

Oct 17, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #8,745 of 13,478
Well I revived my AMP8 from AMP3. and it works :) so I'll try it out for a few weeks before Modding. Unfortunately it turned up with one of the side screws missing and the other with the head damaged. :frowning2: It was ordered as 'box open' and I got a discount so its not AMP3's fault. But I would like some screws to secure it, anyone have any ideas where I can get some ? and what the model number / description is ? @Paul - iBasso can you help me with details or will you sell me some screws ?

I heard some people say they tried to mod their AMP8 and accidentally damaged it; perhaps they could send you their now-no-longer-required screws? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back