DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 20, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #857 of 13,478
Sorry if this has been known already.. lots of pages in this thread...

Has the DX220 been released yet? If so, where the heck can I buy it from? Didn't see anything on Google I think.

Looking to upgrade from my X5-III.

Apr 20, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #859 of 13,478
Yes "from what I eard all my life" I eard sonus Faber with Dan d'agostino amp, Wilson audio xlf with krell monoblocs etc etc, that is not dramatic that trains your earing, is awesome, I know you are a ibasso fun boy... I am a AK fun boy... That's fine

I acknowledge and respect what you've heard in the past. I don't play that game. I've heard $500K speakers on a $100K system this past weekend at the Axpona Audio show sooo...

And BTW...it's FAN boy not FUN boy...

Fun boy just sounds...well...you know...lol

Apr 20, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #860 of 13,478
Sorry if this has been known already.. lots of pages in this thread...

Has the DX220 been released yet? If so, where the heck can I buy it from? Didn't see anything on Google I think.

Looking to upgrade from my X5-III.

Not yet. Soon.

Apr 20, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #863 of 13,478
Apr 20, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #865 of 13,478
I acknowledge and respect what you've heard in the past. I don't play that game. I've heard $500K speakers on a $100K system this past weekend at the Axpona Audio show sooo...

And BTW...it's FAN boy not FUN boy...

Fun boy just sounds...well...you know...lol

The Audio and music reproduction industry has gone mad ! Mad marked up, Mad inflation, Mad MSRP VS real R&D cost....that includes even Loud speakers, Amplifiers...streamers...etc...etc..

The same for headphones and DAP. Heck, I am glad and grateful toward Ibasso for what they are doing.

I still dont understand how a Cabinet made out of wood, and Drivers that was bought from SEA or other manufacturers, and or specially ordered...and tuning crossover network can make a speaker to be 200k. Hell...200K can feed a lot of starving kids, and many different vacation to attend live shows...let alone 500k.

Ok...I have gone too far...let's get back to Dx220 :) for my curiosity, can someone snap me internal pics of Dx220 :D

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #866 of 13,478
To slightly change the subject - I’m strongly considering a DX220 for its ability to play nice with easier and harder to drive cans (for now, in my case, HD6XX And HE4XX and Campfire Andro S). Will the Amp8 be too much juice for the Andro S, or is the additional low gain stage / blacker background enough? It’s basically down to deciding what balanced cable to make/buy for the Andro S...

Apr 20, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #867 of 13,478
The Audio and music reproduction industry has gone mad ! Mad marked up, Mad inflation, Mad MSRP VS real R&D cost....that includes even Loud speakers, Amplifiers...streamers...etc...etc..

The same for headphones and DAP. Heck, I am glad and grateful toward Ibasso for what they are doing.

I still dont understand how a Cabinet made out of wood, and Drivers that was bought from SEA or other manufacturers, and or specially ordered...and tuning crossover network can make a speaker to be 200k. Hell...200K can feed a lot of starving kids, and many different vacation to attend live shows...let alone 500k.

Ok...I have gone too far...let's get back to Dx220 :) for my curiosity, can someone snap me internal pics of Dx220 :D

I agree. I was astounded at the prices of home audio. It makes our branch of the audiophile hobby look like we get our stuff on clearance at Walmart. One speaker system $600-700k before tax, shipping, or insurance. Basically, a $1M system when all is said and done...

I too am thankful for making high definition audio affordable and accessible to many people who would normally simply not be able to afford this hobby.

Apr 20, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #869 of 13,478
Absolutely unreal. I mean like ethereal unreal. sitting on a couch listening to Beethoven, and then to Black Sabbath...and the song Black Sabbath...wow...

But then again, it was about $1M...I can't even say it was like Ozzy and the Boys playing right in front of me, it was like he was singing directly AT me. SICK!!

Apr 20, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #870 of 13,478
So tell me, how did the million dollar system sound?
Sound like sound :D. How else would it sound like ? Angel singing ? Out of this world ?

Absolutely unreal. I mean like ethereal unreal. sitting on a couch listening to Beethoven, and then to Black Sabbath...and the song Black Sabbath...wow...

But then again, it was about $1M...I can't even say it was like Ozzy and the Boys playing right in front of me, it was like he was singing directly AT me. SICK!!
Common...it is unreal because of the price, and the fact of our own limitation....the pocket :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back