DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #8,476 of 13,478
I told it... I told to first of all, install fidelizer, then lurker and then fidelizer again. Under this schema, I have the fidelizer rom and the lurker play store addon, If im lucky for have this setup, good for me but as I said, its fully working

Ah so maybe that order is the key. I tried default ROM, then Lurker then fidelizer. I'll try that way next.

Nope still lost the Play store and everything when I install free fidelizer, then lurker and then free install then Advanced fidelizer. Hmmm Guess that's what's meant by Purist. So no point in installing Lurker's Rom then unless I want Play Services.

Going default Rom to Advanced fidelizer and I still have APKPure and CoolAPK. Interesting.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #8,477 of 13,478
I used adv fidelizer on dx200 and, yes, it works. You can hear the difference.
BUT remember fidelizer license follows your device. So, if you buy a new device of the same series (it happened to me, I bought adv fidelizer for dx200 and one month later I bought dx220), you have to buy a new full fidelizer license. This disappointed me so I think I won't buy it anymore.

Oct 6, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #8,478 of 13,478
I tried revert back to stock firmware from fidelizer with local update method, but the device wont boot now.
Then i use android tool to flash official update.img, then it boots again, with losing data and downgrade of course.
Seems we cant go back to stock without using that tool.

Oct 6, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #8,479 of 13,478
Unless I missed it mentioned in one of the replies, SURPRISED nobody said anything about the latest DX220 fw update where you can now adjust the volume by swiping it up/down in Mango app!!! :D

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #8,480 of 13,478
Unless I missed it mentioned in one of the replies, SURPRISED nobody said anything about the latest DX220 fw update where you can now adjust the volume by swiping it up/down in Mango app!!! :D
Huh.. wait, what ???

For me, The forward button is strange, I need to press twice to next song, if I press one time, it repeats the current song...
Is this also part of the update ? This is happened in MANGO OS and Android OS...

On UAPP, ANDROID OS, The volume control wont work if device on stand by/the screen is off...
Already talk to Davy, but he also dunno...

edit : regarding Fwd button, its intermittent, some times works fine, sometimes not...

edit 2 : all the problem above somehow it fixed, I just let it download something itself in the background... by letting it in wifi...

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #8,481 of 13,478
Hi all,

Just purchased dx220 two weeks ago. Unit works as dap without any big problems. The problem I have with dac mode for this unit which I would like to use from time to time.

I think everyone knows already that the stock usb cable only looks nice and doesn't work for anything else than charging. I'm using the one from my Samsung mobile phone because it works.

Problem I occurred in dac mode is static noise for dsd files. In mango OS when I switch dac mode unit is recognized right away in windows 10 but the static noise is covering whole track in a way that you can't listen to music at all. In android when I switch on dac mode unit is not recognized right away I need to disconnect and connect it back few times. When it finally get recognized in windows 10 it plays dsd files with much less static noise than in mango os . Like one pop every 20 seconds but still it's not comfortable to listen music like that.

All dsd files plays without issue in dap mode.

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #8,482 of 13,478
Huh.. wait, what ???

Once you turn the volume wheel in Mango app, you will get a circle pop-up with a volume, then you can swipe your finger up/down to adjust the volume instead of turning the wheel. It's the same way it was introduced in DX160, and now implemented in DX220 as well.

Oct 7, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #8,483 of 13,478
I'm looking for an alternative protection case for the DX220 and lost the overview in this thread.

Which cases are available (currently or soon) for the DX220 ?

- MITER case (pu leather, doesn't cover the top very well)
- transparent plastic case (lost the link, was mentioned here in this tread directly from japan or china)
- found this nice looking real leather case from Valentin Valentinum
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/732...rQ8btTTgujAZxzk4f-ocWh9TfbDwZACRoCcN0QAvD_BwE)

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #8,485 of 13,478
I'm looking for an alternative protection case for the DX220 and lost the overview in this thread.

- transparent plastic case (lost the link, was mentioned here in this tread directly from japan or china)
- found this nice looking real leather case (https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/732...rQ8btTTgujAZxzk4f-ocWh9TfbDwZACRoCcN0QAvD_BwE)

Dignis will be making case for dx220. They say they will release on mid of November.

Oct 7, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #8,486 of 13,478
The TPU case I found that the buttons becomes VERY VERY VERY HIGHLY sensitive, just breath near the button and its pressed. You need to cut 1mm near the volume wheel and in fact it doesn't fit perfectly to the borders, im not sure if my unit its faulty but its like 1mm bigger than the DAP size. Its worth? yes, definitely. Too expensive for the price? Totally

Oct 7, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #8,487 of 13,478

- found this nice looking real leather case (https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/732...rQ8btTTgujAZxzk4f-ocWh9TfbDwZACRoCcN0QAvD_BwE)

I have been searching too, The MITER case is not so good, it is loos on the top right hand side. When I put it in my poket the DX220 slips out. It is no better than the stock cover.

I just ordered the third on your list, should be with me in 14 days. I'll post impressions, ordered from Valentin Valentinum before and it was good leather well made.

Oct 7, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #8,488 of 13,478
I have been searching too, The MITER case is not so good, it is loos on the top right hand side. When I put it in my poket the DX220 slips out. It is no better than the stock cover.

I just ordered the third on your list, should be with me in 14 days. I'll post impressions, ordered from Valentin Valentinum before and it was good leather well made.

Mine fits well in my Mitre case and does not slip out. Under the leather there is metal, try bending it some to get a better fit, maybe it got a little tweaked.

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #8,489 of 13,478
Dignis will be making case for dx220. They say they will release on mid of November.
Sounds promising, just some of these cases are quite expensive...

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #8,490 of 13,478

The Valentin Valentinum case is currently my favorite, real leather with a decent design and protection at the top with good price value ratio.
Would be interested in impressions when you got it.

I noticed, there are two slighly different Valentinum cases:

With a lid over the screen:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/732355483

Without a lid:
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/732635027

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back