DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 26, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #8,146 of 13,478
Yes, New update... and Lurker also available...

regarding Battery life, just my 2 cent, heat... for me to get addition 10-15% hour life, I still combine with my heat sink... or u can stand ur DX220 vertical with the volume button upward, and the back panel to cool air...

IMG-20190919-WA0002.jpeg
even by patching the aluminum sink plus TPU case to the back panel with Thermal paste, still the alumunium dissipate some heat...

anyway, I can get 5 hours, with mango OS, Flac & DSD only

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #8,152 of 13,478
Again, I can't understand how they are some people getting ~7 hours, really, or you use some mp3 on 64KB or I don't believe, I tried to do everything and just 4:30 hours it was my best, just power on, select random music and put into my bag, then power off and obtaining 1:10 hour playback like this, 4 times

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #8,153 of 13,478
The new firmware 202 appears to have added more holographic effect with sound now being more organic on amp9. I like it.
This has also broken the google play store download but I can do without as I can still use apkpure.

Yeah i felt same on AMP 1. It sounds much different than previous fw. More spacious and sparky, less analogue.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #8,155 of 13,478
Do you suggest the Lurker Firmware? While I am not a fan of installing an unoffical FW to my new device, I can do it if it would bring significant improvements.

Google Play doesn't matter, everything can alrrady be installed by Apkpure. What I would really appreciate is less laggy performance.

Sep 27, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #8,156 of 13,478
My local update failed, am I doing something wrong?
I copy the ota zip file to an sd card, as instructed, it starts check, copying...restarting
then stop at a android recovery page, then ...?
reboot it now, it shows not updated.
choose apply update from sd card, and point to the file, then it failed to find a file named update.zip??

BTW, I am on Lurker's FW, does it matter?

Update: I renamed the file to update.zip on sd card, and update was a success.
Is this what everyone did to update locally, name the file as update.zip??

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #8,157 of 13,478
Sep 27, 2019 at 1:50 AM Post #8,158 of 13,478
Do you suggest the Lurker Firmware? While I am not a fan of installing an unoffical FW to my new device, I can do it if it would bring significant improvements.

Google Play doesn't matter, everything can alrrady be installed by Apkpure. What I would really appreciate is less laggy performance.
Majority u used Mango OS or Android OS?

for me, I still used UAPP in Android OS, so Lurker is a must...
Soundwise, for me Lurker addon do make darker background when using UAPP...

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #8,159 of 13,478
1 playback hour, from 96% to 81%, Mango OS playing all the time only FLAC files 16/44 at 45 volume, medium gain and Andromeda S as an IEM device. It makes sense for me right now but im not gonna gain 4 hours more, that's a fact.

In any case, I appreciated a dramatic improvement of the sound, better soundstage, better bass profile (this one I appreciated the most) and in fact, better performance. Ah, and with the other FW (not the newest), there was a lot of heat, now I don't see too much, so its a win win this firmware, my 2 cents to Paul, their team and Lurker, your job its appreciated too (at least from my side)

Sep 27, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #8,160 of 13,478
Well, I won't make any blind purchase again... Because all blind purchased devices ended up much different (often negatively) compared to the reviewers' descriptions.

Many reviewers say " DX220 works flawlessly fast" , while both Android and Mango are laggy compared to any touchscreen device above $100 in 2019. Battery life and many other things also don't match the actual performance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back