DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 13, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #7,411 of 13,478
Does anyone here in the States have one of the TPU cases I could buy off them?

I thought one of the members from Texas had 2 he was selling - check back a page or two...

Cheers,
Tim

They are sold in minutes that is what he told me.
However, you can order one in engtaobao. It costs around $26 and I am waiting 10-15 days for delivery because I used the cheapest shipping fee as they suggest.

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #7,412 of 13,478
They are sold in minutes that is what he told me.
However, you can order one in engtaobao. It costs around $26 and I am waiting 10-15 days for delivery because I used the cheapest shipping fee as they suggest.
Wow - that was almost as fast as a cockroach running across the floor when you turn the light on!!!

Well @icefalkon - I tried.

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #7,416 of 13,478
I too use this every day and have never noticed any kind of "hiss".

I envy your ears, man, mine are too sensitive. So, I went back to stock amp1mk2, which I enjoy as much as amp8. But with amp9, IT04, Andro/Solaris, and some 64audio iems have a bit too much background "waterfall" hissing for my ears.

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #7,417 of 13,478
Do you hear the differences ? If not, then why bother ? If you haven’t listened to it, then give it a chance.

This is not like boyfriend and girlfriend relationship man. Once you are in, you can hardly get out. The only thing similar is that you would never known the real answer according to your unique preferences, until you try it....regardless if it is an Amp8 or a new girl friend.

A plate of food that look good, doesn’t necessarily be good to your tastes....a sexy looking girl friend doesn’t mean that she is your dream of happiness.....a good looking amplifier and specifications or measurements ...just doesn’t mean that it would satisfy your needs
Well I am aware of all of that and from decades of listening to music fully appreciate that spec does not translate to quality,and that one persons taste is not another’s. But I was asking an honest question. Someone asked what amp module and of those that replied the consensus was amp 8. I wanted to know why as if there are good reasons there is a rationale to buy or consider buying. The stock amp is excellent in my humble opinion so what is there about amp 8 that has made others definitively recommend the swop? Someone said power,another said they are as powerful as each other. So I am no further forward. And I really don’t want to try another girlfriend. The last one had great spec but after a while design faults were difficult to ignore.

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #7,418 of 13,478
Well I am aware of all of that and from decades of listening to music fully appreciate that spec does not translate to quality,and that one persons taste is not another’s. But I was asking an honest question. Someone asked what amp module and of those that replied the consensus was amp 8. I wanted to know why as if there are good reasons there is a rationale to buy or consider buying. The stock amp is excellent in my humble opinion so what is there about amp 8 that has made others definitively recommend the swop? Someone said power,another said they are as powerful as each other. So I am no further forward. And I really don’t want to try another girlfriend. The last one had great spec but after a while design faults were difficult to ignore.
If you are looking for a night and day, epiphany-like, OMG "I have finally achieved musically nirvana" change - you most likely will be disappointed. In my experience most of the changes, regardless of what piece of the listening chain is different, the results are subtle differences - some good, some maybe not so good.

I know this is not helping you is your question/dilemma - maybe your could look at buying either a new or used AMP8 and sell it if your are not happy or conclude it isn't for you. Maybe there is another member that lives close to you and would be willing to let you try their AMP8?

Personally, I love the stock AMP1MK2 and have not found a reason to look for something better (different). However, if the opportunity presented itself to listen to other amp modules I would not turn it down.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #7,419 of 13,478
If you are looking for a night and day, epiphany-like, OMG "I have finally achieved musically nirvana" change - you most likely will be disappointed. In my experience most of the changes, regardless of what piece of the listening chain is different, the results are subtle differences - some good, some maybe not so good.

I know this is not helping you is your question/dilemma - maybe your could look at buying either a new or used AMP8 and sell it if your are not happy or conclude it isn't for you. Maybe there is another member that lives close to you and would be willing to let you try their AMP8?

Personally, I love the stock AMP1MK2 and have not found a reason to look for something better (different). However, if the opportunity presented itself to listen to other amp modules I would not turn it down.

Cheers,
Tim
Tim,appreciate the reply and think you are exactly right. I love the stock amp too hence looking at the reasons others said amp 8 with such positivity. I am far from desperate to change but we are all the same,deep down,and want the best we can afford. The amp 8 has 4.4 balanced which is an attraction as I can connect my Sennheiser 660 to this,and other headphones with an adapter. They are not my favourite headphones but I think the would be a nice pairing. I will look out for second hand,open box. I note fiio have moved away from interchangeable amp modules which I found a little strange. Mind you,if you listen to the M11 you can see it clearer,the amplification on that device is a catch all monster...and I think the stock on this is similar.

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #7,420 of 13,478
Can anyone comment on how sturdy the 2.5mm jack is on the stock amp? In particular how it holds up to everyday use with the 220 in a pocket while walking around? Thanks!

Aug 13, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #7,422 of 13,478
Tim,appreciate the reply and think you are exactly right. I love the stock amp too hence looking at the reasons others said amp 8 with such positivity. I am far from desperate to change but we are all the same,deep down,and want the best we can afford. The amp 8 has 4.4 balanced which is an attraction as I can connect my Sennheiser 660 to this,and other headphones with an adapter. They are not my favourite headphones but I think the would be a nice pairing. I will look out for second hand,open box. I note fiio have moved away from interchangeable amp modules which I found a little strange. Mind you,if you listen to the M11 you can see it clearer,the amplification on that device is a catch all monster...and I think the stock on this is similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back