DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 30, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #7,113 of 13,478
You are using android OS ? Or Mango ? What is the Power management settings
My settings are here

Firmware: 1.12.149 (stock, no modfication)
Amp: Amp9 (high gain, volume ~125)
Mode: Android mode
Wifi: Off
Bluetooth: Off
Battery Saving: Off
Sleep settings in android: 15 secs
Apps installed: Nova launcher, spotify, and a local radio app

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #7,114 of 13,478
A couple of hours, on my flight from Singapore I probably had it continuously playing for 13 hours and no cut outs.

Android OS
13 hrs alone , wow

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #7,116 of 13,478
My settings are here

Firmware: 1.12.149 (stock, no modfication)
Amp: Amp9 (high gain, volume ~125)
Wifi: Off
Apps installed: Nova launcher, spotify, and a local radio app
Why don’t you try MangoOS ?

1/ hold the power button for 3-5 seconds
2/ a window pops up and ask for turn-off or Mango OS
3/ select MangoOS and see how it does

Jul 30, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #7,117 of 13,478
A couple of hours, on my flight from Singapore I probably had it continuously playing for 13 hours and no cut outs.

Android OS[

I also got 1 hour improvement on Amp9. My DX200 can played continuously for 8 hrs. 13 hrs?? How :D

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #7,119 of 13,478
Sorry should have specified - that’s 13 hours with it plugged in. My AMP9 battery life averages around 9-10 hours though with Android OS/Spotify offline - usually around volume 85 high gain, no Wifi or Bluetooth.

My 6 month-old DX200 with AMP9 lasts for 7-8 hrs in High gain vol 125 Mango OS with burn-in cable :D

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #7,120 of 13,478
Has happened to me 3-4 times since owning. Has not happened while playing music. I don't power off when I'm not using DX220 so the few times this has happened it is when I come back to start using it. There was plenty of charge and when I do get it to come back on there is still plenty of charge. I don't think it's happened since updating to the latest firmware so no issue in the past 2-3 weeks. When it happened to me it was with V1.10.123. I did not get a chance to use V1.11.140.

Firmware: 1.12.149-L1.21b1
Amp: Amp 1 MK2
Wifi: On
Apps installed: Neutron, Spotify and Tidal

That is indeed strange.. what is the average duration you spend on listening to DX229 at 1 go?

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #7,121 of 13,478
Has happened to me 3-4 times since owning. Has not happened while playing music. I don't power off when I'm not using DX220 so the few times this has happened it is when I come back to start using it. There was plenty of charge and when I do get it to come back on there is still plenty of charge. I don't think it's happened since updating to the latest firmware so no issue in the past 2-3 weeks. When it happened to me it was with V1.10.123. I did not get a chance to use V1.11.140.

Firmware: 1.12.149-L1.21b1
Amp: Amp 1 MK2
Wifi: On
Apps installed: Neutron, Spotify and Tidal
Something we share in common here is the Android Mode, the sleep settings and the spotify app. Hmm... I am wondering if it's due to the android mode, but then again I see a post somewhere that Mango OS also encountered the same issue, once only though

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2019 at 11:32 AM Post #7,122 of 13,478
Something we share in common here is the Android Mode, the sleep settings and the spotify app. Hmm... I am wondering if it's due to the android mode, but then again I see a post somewhere that Mango OS also encountered the same issue, once only though
Mine is in Android mode, I don't have tidal or spotify, but amazon music app.
My sleep setting was never, but I changed it to 1 min now.
Could it be bad battery?

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #7,123 of 13,478
So far so good with the current firmware and right now it does seem to be random but lets see if there is a pattern. Seems some people have had it more than others. I'm rarely in pure Mango mode but I should because I don't use Spotify that much and I cancelled Tidal (for now).

Other than the rare shutdown I really like the DX220. I like the line out of the Amp 1 MKII into my speaker system. I haven't gotten around to using Amp8W yet as I wasn't as big a fan of it as a line out into speakers with my previous DX200. Also thinking about Amp9 esp for Grado headphones.

Jul 30, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #7,124 of 13,478
So far so good with the current firmware and right now it does seem to be random but lets see if there is a pattern. Seems some people have had it more than others. I'm rarely in pure Mango mode but I should because I don't use Spotify that much and I cancelled Tidal (for now).

Other than the rare shutdown I really like the DX220. I like the line out of the Amp 1 MKII into my speaker system. I haven't gotten around to using Amp8W yet as I wasn't as big a fan of it as a line out into speakers with my previous DX200. Also thinking about Amp9 esp for Grado headphones.

You would love the Amp9, I know I love mine more than amp1mkii

Yeah the random shutdown is kind of annoying. Makes me wonder if anyone here doesn't experience it and what is their configuration, os used and apps installed. Might give us a clue in all these randomness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back