DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 21, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #6,812 of 13,478
Installed lurker mod today and.I'm loving the added hiby/uapp players. I used hiby on the r6 pro, still feels good.

So I did the sd card method to install lurker. Can I also install Fidelizer purist rom via sd or is that only pc? Past attempts on pc haven't been good and kept gettin fails.
Follow the steps on the fidelizer page as it is. You cant use the sdcard method with that.

Jul 21, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #6,813 of 13,478
(edit) please delete this

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #6,814 of 13,478
Off topic: what do you guy's prefer? Iems or headphones?

I have had the U12t since two months and really love them with the leonidas II and now Dx220. My Aeon flow closed and hd650 were not given much love, but was just listening to few songs using Aeon's and wasn't impressed much!

Jul 21, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #6,815 of 13,478

I have had the U12t since two months and really love them with the leonidas II and now Dx220. My Aeon flow closed and hd650 were not given much love, but was just listening to few songs using Aeon's and wasn't impressed much!
Headphones and IEMs are very different for me. The same as headphones vs Stereos speakers :)

I prefer speakers > headphones > iems

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #6,816 of 13,478

I had a lot of headphones and had few iem low-medium range. I prefere iem a lot

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #6,817 of 13,478
@Whitigir need some advice! :)

So been oversampling FLAC to DSD using HQPlayer now and it's much better than XiSRC and clearly the difference can be heard.

Question is, that my office laptop is not the fastest for processing this especially when i need to multi-task programs. Is there any way I can achieve live conversion of PCM to DSD apart from using HQplayer on my work laptop? Any external amps that can do that by using DX220 as the source?

Thanks!!
Hi, to oversample a FLAC file to DSD it's mandatory to use the DX220 as external DAC or it can be done with the internal sound card? Thanks!

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #6,818 of 13,478

Tough question... it depends...

Ultimate sound quality, price is no object? I guess Headphones
If I had to choose between both as my ONLY setup, a balance of all the pros and cons and SQ? IEM's
The ones I choose to hear when I have the chance of one or another (i.e. at home)? Headphones

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #6,819 of 13,478
Hi, to oversample a FLAC file to DSD it's mandatory to use the DX220 as external DAC or it can be done with the internal sound card? Thanks!

Well if you're internal card supports Native DSD, or DSD decoding then you don't need to have dx220 as external dap. I don't know any soundcard that supports dsd512 though.

But you don't need an amp for offline oversampling, just a powerful enough CPU. If you're doing live conversion then ofcourse you need it.

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #6,822 of 13,478
Headphones and IEMs are very different for me. The same as headphones vs Stereos speakers :)

I prefer speakers > headphones > iems
I have the same preference))) But my wife allows me to use only iems, and sometimes headphones. So my system that costs me a whole bunch of money just collecting the dust((((

Jul 21, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #6,824 of 13,478
Why does wifey not like listening to music? Maybe you should buy some music that's more her taste?
She don’t like music at all((( Almost all my headphones I moved to my office)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back