DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 1, 2019 at 11:42 AM Post #5,716 of 13,478
AMP9 shipped and scheduled for Wednesday delivery! :)
Same. And I opted for cheapest shipping available which stated 3-4 weeks delivery. So this is a nice surprise.

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #5,718 of 13,478
Noted for next time I buy from iBasso! lol.

Where are you located?
Western Canada. I'm sure DHL will be tacking on some duty fees tho' so the cheap shipping will be offset.

Jul 1, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #5,719 of 13,478
How does Vince Ti-EX sound? Do you like it?

That thing is just astounding to listen to. I have it loaded with a bunch of dsd512 tracks and there is very little that comes close in my collection, but the DX220 has aspirations just not enough in stock form. I've been tempted to try other amps on it or try the amp8-EX on other daps but just can't make myself do it yet. The bass line is just so....there....Fabulous

I'm very pleased that I added that particular one-of-kind Ti to my collection. Now I have 3 of them.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #5,720 of 13,478
Western Canada. I'm sure DHL will be tacking on some duty fees tho' so the cheap shipping will be offset.
Same. Taxes, duties and brokerage fees are going to add up for us here... Will soon be forgotten tho when I hit the beach in the afternoon with AMP9 in hand (hopefully).

Jul 1, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #5,721 of 13,478
Same. And I opted for cheapest shipping available which stated 3-4 weeks delivery. So this is a nice surprise.
Enjoy! Someone in shipping made an error, but in your favor! lol They will get it docked from their pay. (not really).

Please Enjoy the Music!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 1, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #5,724 of 13,478

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #5,726 of 13,478
I think Paul got his account hacked.
Looking forward to people enjoying the AMP9 with the DX150, DX200 or DX220. It really is all about the music!

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #5,727 of 13,478
Thanks Jamato, sounds good!

Being like Analogue means different things to different people. To me with a Roksan record deck, its a natural sound and 'musical' with good timing, and a clear sharp treble. But on Head-Fi, 'natural' or 'neutral' are often used to indicate clinical 'reference', and 'musical' or 'analogue' mean warmer or more mid-bass enhanced than the original recording should be!
What I mean, is more like real sound verses digital. I used to have nothing but LPs and all tube systems. I have plenty of tubes now but no LPs any longer. Also I listen to live music and music that is not amplified, so I mean analogue as in non digital. Even Analogue can be clinical or warm or not warm. I don't like overly warm sound and that is where people often get the "tube" analogy wrong. Tube sound isn't a sound, what you are hearing is the implementation good or bad.

The AMP9 has what can be called tube qualities, in more 3D and very nice layering and imaging but it isn't tubey, in the classic description. Tubey is often poor in bass, fairly warm and lush but that to me, isn't real or natural, unless the venue was that way, which it could be but often is not.

Jul 1, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #5,728 of 13,478
What I mean, is more like real sound verses digital. I used to have nothing but LPs and all tube systems. I have plenty of tubes now but no LPs any longer. Also I listen to live music and music that is not amplified, so I mean analogue as in non digital. Even Analogue can be clinical or warm or not warm. I don't like overly warm sound and that is where people often get the "tube" analogy wrong. Tube sound isn't a sound, what you are hearing is the implementation good or bad.

The AMP9 has what can be called tube qualities, in more 3D and very nice layering and imaging but it isn't tubey, in the classic description. Tubey is often poor in bass, fairly warm and lush but that to me, isn't real or natural, unless the venue was that way, which it could be but often is not.

I agree with this statement

Both analog and digital has it own signature from neutral, warmth, bright.

This is analog
image.jpgE17D1350-CDAC-4B7C-874D-EF6EB4D4EFEA.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #5,730 of 13,478

Great description, thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back