DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 20, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #5,296 of 13,478
National holiday in Portugal, went to relax and listen some music on a terrace bar near sea, asked for a beer and put my sunglasses...
Like 20 minutes into the music decided to waken DX220 and select another album - nothing, "nada", kaput! my DX220 was dead... pressed several times the power button and screen was black, it wouldn't turn on the screen, it was not "bricked” since music was still playing, so, What??? Just before a last resource to long press the power button, glad I took my polarized glasses out :deadhorse:

Not as my iPhone that lowers contrast and brightness but still usable - Damned, absolutely dark as dead...
Was it sitting in the sun? I would let it cool down, if it was and reset.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:32 PM Post #5,297 of 13,478
Was it sitting in the sun? I would let it cool down, if it was and reset.

Nooooo. DX220 was perfect and working fine, my polarized sunglasses simply block ALL THE LIGHT from DX220 screen. When I took the sunglasses out of my eyes the screen was ON.
I've never seen that behavior on a screen with my sunglasses and I have them for years. - dead black! Amazing

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #5,298 of 13,478
Nooooo. DX220 was perfect and working fine, my polarized sunglasses simply block ALL THE LIGHT from DX220 screen. When I took the sunglasses out of my eyes the screen was ON.
I've never seen that behavior on a screen with my sunglasses and I have them for years. - dead black! Amazing

What sunglasses are they? I wonder if they will work on the tv so i can't see the crap the wife watches :ksc75smile:

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #5,299 of 13,478

Oh you Portuguese are all alike!
(I was born near Alcobaça)

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #5,300 of 13,478
Special Gorilla Glass from another world!

Jun 20, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #5,301 of 13,478
@PinkyPowers , do you still own the Angie II ? If yes, did you try it with AMP9?

I owned the original Angie. And I sold that a while back. Sorry. But there is nothing about it that should struggle with AMP9. What are your worries, exactly?

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #5,303 of 13,478
20190621_073410.jpg

HISS,
for me, yes there's a slight Hiss for my Combo (also with Solaris) and AMp1Mk2, Mid Gain. but as long the mid is this rich, I willingly ignored it...
Based on my exp, AMP8 can delivery darker background...

Burn in,
I don't trust it, especially in long hours... at the beginning...
but DX220 and My sensitive IEM do change after break in / burn in... so Its true...
My exp, AMP1MK2 after 70 hour Mid started layer. getting refine after more hours.
AMP8 more change on Low...

in the end, I enjoy it... never change or change my gear combo eversince... (except cable)

wish I meet @ddmt here in land of the Gods... want to try that Z1r and VX....

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #5,304 of 13,478

HISS,
for me, yes there's a slight Hiss for my Combo (also with Solaris) and AMp1Mk2, Mid Gain. but as long the mid is this rich, I willingly ignored it...
Based on my exp, AMP8 can delivery darker background...

Burn in,
I don't trust it, especially in long hours... at the beginning...
but DX220 and My sensitive IEM do change after break in / burn in... so Its true...
My exp, AMP1MK2 after 70 hour Mid started layer. getting refine after more hours.
AMP8 more change on Low...

in the end, I enjoy it... never change or change my gear combo eversince... (except cable)

wish I meet @ddmt here in land of the Gods... want to try that Z1r and VX....
It is low gain where you should have no hiss. That is the reason they made the low gain.

Jun 20, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #5,305 of 13,478
It is low gain where you should have no hiss. That is the reason they made the low gain.
Yup.. I know.. but I prefer more Mid layer... and accept the consequences of a neglectable Hiss...

I enjoy that... Its very good...

CMIIW, the DX220 mid gain is Low gain DX200, right?

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #5,306 of 13,478
I am being told elsewhere that the IBasso DX220 with sensitive IEM's (CA Solaris) has hiss. I cant hear it at full volume On Pause. Is it just me ? can anyone confirm I'm not going nuts.
I had my ears cheeked and its not them :), on the stock amp.

I had Solaris also and it pair with iBasso Cable CB13 (2.5 Balanced), DX220 mk II with mid gain. I also can't hear any hiss at all when I tried to pause the song during playback. Or could be my ear is not sensitive enough :o2smile:

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #5,307 of 13,478
I had Solaris also and it pair with iBasso Cable CB13 (2.5 Balanced), DX220 mk II with mid gain. I also can't hear any hiss at all when I tried to pause the song during playback. Or could be my ear is not sensitive enough :o2smile:
Its a bless bro.. accept and enjoy it if you dont hear it..

Jun 20, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #5,308 of 13,478
Yup.. I know.. but I prefer more Mid layer... and accept the consequences of a neglectable Hiss...

I enjoy that... Its very good...

CMIIW, the DX220 mid gain is Low gain DX200, right?
Yep, I use high gain. Getting some extradorinaiy sound. Using the DX220 right now with the Absolute amp from Manley and the Utopia, Tommy/The Who, superb sound stage and air! Wonderful layering and separation, some of the best I have heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back