DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 20, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #5,281 of 13,478
Thanks Tim @CobraMan and also @singleended5863 !
I do enjoy the music with my DX220 :k701smile:

I have to admit, up to now this "burn in" thing has a bit a touch of snake oil for me, because i have never heard a difference with my other equipment.
From the physical point of view it can be possible that electronic elements like capacitors change their specs slightly when they are used.

So I'm curious if i will hear an improvement with my DX220.

For myself I do believe in burn in since I had listened my high-end stereo system before and now head-fi.
Recently I can prove that I listened to DX220 in the beginning with Ares II 8wire/Phantoms and after 100 hours I have to switch to Eros II 8wire/ Phantoms (to my ears they had bright and analytical sound in the treble) due to excessive warm bass I couldn’t stand and the treble sounds so nice with more details now. :smile_phones:

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #5,282 of 13,478
The fact that there is a burn-in cable in the DX220 box gives me at least some confidence that the iBasso engineers are also convinced by the burn-in procedure.
I let my ears decide...:wink:

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #5,283 of 13,478
84824C1C-1798-4E10-A02C-5AF5A235F197.png Some amp 9 info

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #5,286 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso Will you be issuing a FW update for us DX200 users on Android OS 6 to be able to use AMP9?

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #5,287 of 13,478
Man, the display on the DX220 is BEAUTIFUL! I've never considered this a priority for music players, and I still don't, but it's impressive, all the same.

I know AMP9 is not really meant for full-size headphones, but I've found it handles them great. Atticus sounds superb, and Sundara, which is particularly hard to drive, was quite magical. I still need to try my Audeze LCD-3. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #5,288 of 13,478
The fact that there is a burn-in cable in the DX220 box gives me at least some confidence that the iBasso engineers are also convinced by the burn-in procedure.
I let my ears decide...:wink:

Exactly.
They don’t force you to burn YOUR cell brains and then say burn in works because you're getting used to the sound signature or because of a placebo effect. Of course this may be the chapter 1 of the Burning Conspiracy; Chapter 2 says iBasso included the burning cable because they knew we would think like that, and still the Placebo would work

I'm also a believer in "some burnings", such as is the case of DX220. And btw, Mango OS sounds indeed better, I even like more UI of the Mango player in Android but, no, no, music 1st.

Jun 20, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #5,289 of 13,478
Man, the display on the DX220 is BEAUTIFUL! I've never considered this a priority for music players, and I still don't, but it's impressive, all the same.

I know AMP9 is not really meant for full-size headphones, but I've found it handles them great. Atticus sounds superb, and Sundara, which is particularly hard to drive, was quite magical. I still need to try my Audeze LCD-3. Can't wait!

@PinkyPowers , do you still own the Angie II ? If yes, did you try it with AMP9?

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #5,290 of 13,478
I am being told elsewhere that the IBasso DX220 with sensitive IEM's (CA Solaris) has hiss. I cant hear it at full volume On Pause. Is it just me ? can anyone confirm I'm not going nuts.
I had my ears cheeked and its not them :), on the stock amp.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #5,291 of 13,478
I am being told elsewhere that the IBasso DX220 with sensitive IEM's (CA Solaris) has hiss. I cant hear it at full volume On Pause. Is it just me ? can anyone confirm I'm not going nuts.
Dead quiet with my Solaris on low gain. Great pairing of equipment.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #5,292 of 13,478
Thanks Man. I was beginning to wonder :). Yes, My go to on the go now.

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #5,293 of 13,478

Agreed with the screen.

Let us know how it goes with the LCD-3. I found the LCD-3 needed a powerful amp. Even with the Woo Audio WA22, they needed to use tubes with extra gain (such as TS 5998 and Mullard ECC35) to reveal their full potential.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #5,294 of 13,478
Where? I don't hear any hiss and for max quiet go to low gain. I hear no hiss with even my most sensitive IEMs, a very, very low noise floor, which is one reason the DX220 reveals so much. If it was hissing, the super revealing of the sound would not be there as it would be masked by the hiss.

Jun 20, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #5,295 of 13,478
National holiday in Portugal, went to relax and listen some music on a terrace bar near sea, asked for a beer and put my sunglasses...
Like 20 minutes into the music decided to waken DX220 and select another album - nothing, "nada", kaput! my DX220 was dead... pressed several times the power button and screen was black, it wouldn't turn on the screen, it was not "bricked” since music was still playing, so, What??? Just before a last resource to long press the power button, glad I took my polarized glasses out :deadhorse:

Not as my iPhone that lowers contrast and brightness but still usable - Damned, absolutely dark as dead...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back