DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 19, 2019 at 3:31 AM Post #5,176 of 13,478
Hi guys! Need your advice! I am planing to buy amp for dx220 and I need your help to advice me which one sound best. I would like to have full sound not too stock as Amp 1 mark 2.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #5,179 of 13,478
I don't want to hear more about AMP9. I just want to know when can I place the order ... :L3000:

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #5,181 of 13,478
Hi guys! Need your advice! I am planing to buy amp for dx220 and I need your help to advice me which one sound best. I would like to have full sound not too stock as Amp 1 mark 2.

This is my impressions from Ibasso DX platform VS other modules in general experiences. The Dx220 is pretty much on the same tier with other 3k players as it is similar to Dx200Titanium but with different signature as in 200titanium is dead-neutral and accuracy with sweet textures and Dx220 is musical and expressive but still detailed. All Ibasso Dx200 and DX220 or the modules are carrying Ibasso hous-sound, Neutral and clarity with great details.

I don’t get your question, but amp 1 MKII sound signature is Neutral with great clarity and airy trebles. The bass and the soundstage are both improved over the stock Amp1 from DX200 original Amp1. But never the less, as @fokta mentioned, the Amp1 MKII is still what it is, a mid forwarded module in signature when compared to Amp3, Amp8....if you want a line out and balanced with 2.5, the Amp3 is a great improvements over MKII with the soundstage wider and the mid are a little set back to spherically render a deeper and wider soundstage. If you want a 4.4mm balanced with the most powerful module for headphones, then there is Amp8.

Then if you want Tube sound, the Amp9 is coming Soon!

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #5,182 of 13,478
I don’t get your question, but amp 1 MKII sound signature is Neutral with great clarity and airy trebles. The bass and the soundstage are both improved over the stock Amp1 from DX200 original Amp1. But never the less, as @fokta mentioned, the Amp1 MKII is still what it is, a mid forwarded module in signature when compared to Amp3, Amp8....if you want a line out and balanced with 2.5, the Amp3 is a great improvements over MKII with the soundstage wider and the mid are a little set back to spherically render a deeper and wider soundstage. If you want a 4.4mm balanced with the most powerful module for headphones, then there is Amp8.

I like this sum up makes me feel like I now justify my multiple amp purchases :)

I can change amps like I change my shirts :) not to mention cables

Jun 19, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #5,183 of 13,478
Cayin is the first one to incorprate the tube on their portables but can ibasso make the similar level of sound at less than 40% of price? If they do, we all know its implication. I am really hoping to hear some real life, accurate review, not hyped up feel good review.

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #5,184 of 13,478
This is my impressions from Ibasso DX platform VS other modules in general experiences. The Dx220 is pretty much on the same tier with other 3k players as it is similar to Dx200Titanium but with different signature as in 200titanium is dead-neutral and accuracy with sweet textures and Dx220 is musical and expressive but still detailed. All Ibasso Dx200 and DX220 or the modules are carrying Ibasso hous-sound, Neutral and clarity with great details.

now i am think also to buy amp9 :D

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #5,186 of 13,478
I don't know why some want to use the HD650 with a smaller amp like the AMP9. I find they only sound good balanced but also need a lot of power to sound decent. I find the AMP9 works great with sensitive headphones, like the Focal Stellia, excellent but something that needs a lot more power like the HD650 or the LCD2, makes no sense to me. Use what is appropriate for what is at hand. The SR1 also sound very good with the AMP9 but again, they aren't hard to drive but the better the amp, the better they sound.

I agree. Don't think that this is made to power every headphone out there. It's not. AMP9 cannot drive hard to drive headphones, but it's going to make just about any IEM sound great. Use your head here.

As for the HD650, lol, I'm still a fan of my balanced rig with the Litz cable but it's not my "go to". I'll try it with the AMP9 but of course move on. I need an adapter or new cable for my Ether2's (which are easy to drive) because mine are terminated in 4.4.

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #5,187 of 13,478
Jun 19, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #5,188 of 13,478
Cayin is the first one to incorprate the tube on their portables but can ibasso make the similar level of sound at less than 40% of price? If they do, we all know its implication. I am really hoping to hear some real life, accurate review, not hyped up feel good review.

For sure, we all want accurate information, I agree 100%.
However, I would add that often a 'feel good' review is written not for hype or backhanders, but simply because the product was excellent and made the reviewer feel good :p
Plus of course, one person might love a certain sound signature or product, whereas for another person, it's not to their taste at all. Which one is accurate?

For a more personal explanation, I've been building myself up as a reviewer, and been invited to review more and more stuff, often TOTL.
But there's no way I'm going to give something a good review if I don't like it, nor fail to comment on any perceived shortcomings.
My personal integrity comes first; I need to be able to have a clear conscience on what I recommend people to spend their money on.
If that costs me future freebies or review opportunities, so be it.

Fortunately, standards are pretty high in the audiophile world these days, and I've genuinely yet to review a product that I didn't enjoy.
I'm sure something will come along sooner or later that I am not keen on though.
Perhaps it will be the AMP9 that's on its way as we speak. But I sincerely doubt that :p

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #5,189 of 13,478
However, I would add that often a 'feel good' review is written not for hype or backhanders, but simply because the product was excellent and made the reviewer feel good :p

For a more personal explanation, I've been building myself up as a reviewer, and been invited to review more and more stuff, often TOTL.
But there's no way I'm going to give something a good review if I don't like it, nor fail to comment on any perceived shortcomings.
My personal integrity comes first; I need to be able to have a clear conscience on what I recommend people to spend their money on.

Fortunately, standards are pretty high in the audiophile world these days, and I've genuinely yet to review a product that I didn't enjoy.
I'm sure something will come along sooner or later that I am not keen on though.
Perhaps it will be the AMP9 that's on it's way as we speak. But I sincerely doubt that :p

Well put! The competition is fierce out in our hobby and frankly, much of the TOTL gear all sound good to the average listener. If something sounds great, awesome. But if there are things you don't like, then it's better for the manufacturer, and public, to know about it. Hence why I immediately threw the LCD2's at the AMP9. To get that out of the way and make it known that this AMP is not made for ANYTHING hard to drive. That's not a flaw in the product, it's not what the product was made for.

Jun 19, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #5,190 of 13,478
Plus of course, one person might love a certain sound signature or product, whereas for another person, it's not to their taste at all. Which one is accurate?

Perhaps it will be the AMP9 that's on its way as we speak. But I sincerely doubt that :p

Amen brother..look forward to your honest review soon. Looks like everyone wants amp9 now and hope they don't run out by the time I place my order. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back