DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 15, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #2,941 of 13,478
Getting mine today, I will have to read up on the available amp modules :wink: I hope it sounds better than my sr15, if not I'll take a bath on returning it or selling it.

I'm pretty sure it will because 2 people that I trust have said it sounded as good or better than ak se100 futura and I've had that one and it sounded substantially better than my norma. I just couldn't justify the extra 900 dollars.
Hopefully it is better, the Futura was kind of underwhelming for me :/

May 15, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #2,942 of 13,478
Getting mine today, I will have to read up on the available amp modules :wink: I hope it sounds better than my sr15, if not I'll take a bath on returning it or selling it.

I'm pretty sure it will because 2 people that I trust have said it sounded as good or better than ak se100 futura and I've had that one and it sounded substantially better than my norma. I just couldn't justify the extra 900 dollars.

Hopefully it is better, the Futura was kind of underwhelming for me :/

this is just getting me more excited O.o I get mine tomorrow :)

May 15, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #2,943 of 13,478
This is ridiculous. All this guy has done is cause derision and taken away from the enjoyment of people with this DAP here. Enough already. Again, if the asshole doesn't like how it sounds, or the quality...go somewhere else and sow your negativity. What is up here. Ever since this asshole has joined the conversation, there has literally been nothing but negative comments about the unit and now people here. He's a troll. Period.

His (or anyone's, for that matter) 'power' to do any of that is entirely determined by his audience-while I am not a fan of the way he 'asks' many of his questions, there is some validity to the underlying points he raises. People can always take the high road, and answer the underlying question(s). I think it's healthy to call BS on occasion. For example, I think it is quite easy to answer his 'mod' questions along these lines. It is not possible in production to use caps that physical size without making the board bigger, and much rerouting of traces and layers. As a side note, I'd be interested to see some tests as to whether the added parasitics from the longer lead-lengths are creating some negative effects. I've PM-ed with Vince, and he seems a nice guy, and generous with his time and knowledge. I think it is likely his mods are improvements, but I am pretty sure if a new, manufactured product looked like the modded versions, that people would question the product.

He (Rutter) posted on the Solaris thread quite a bit. I own and love mine, and did so both before, during and after his participation in that thread, even though he made many critical comments about their sonics and value/price.

May 15, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #2,945 of 13,478
His (or anyone's, for that matter) 'power' to do any of that is entirely determined by his audience-while I am not a fan of the way he 'asks' many of his questions, there is some validity to the underlying points he raises. People can always take the high road, and answer the underlying question(s). I think it's healthy to call BS on occasion. For example, I think it is quite easy to answer his 'mod' questions along these lines. It is not possible in production to use caps that physical size without making the board bigger, and much rerouting of traces and layers. As a side note, I'd be interested to see some tests as to whether the added parasitics from the longer lead-lengths are creating some negative effects. I've PM-ed with Vince, and he seems a nice guy, and generous with his time and knowledge. I think it is likely his mods are improvements, but I am pretty sure if a new, manufactured product looked like the modded versions, that people would question the product.

He (Rutter) posted on the Solaris thread quite a bit. I own and love mine, and did so both before, during and after his participation in that thread, even though he made many critical comments about their sonics and value/price.

As is often said...there is no pleasing some people.

He doesn't "ask" questions, he "accuses" questions.

May 15, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #2,946 of 13,478
As is often said...there is no pleasing some people.

He doesn't "ask" questions, he "accuses" questions.

Totally agreed.
If he doesn’t like people are talking the comparison between different products especially fitting with their tastes sonically and their wallets financially he can bring his disagreements somewhere and please don’t just based on his liking and bias to discuss here. My 5 cents.

May 15, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #2,947 of 13,478
So my DX228 is sitting at about 120 hours burn-in. I did a short side by side with my FiiO M11 (that is sold) before I ship it out today. With my HEK the DX228 had better resolution and details but not to the point that it is fatiguing and the soundstage had more space to it. I have to say though at the price the M11 is a great little DAP. I just find the sound on the DX228 and amp modules compatibility to be more to my liking. I am sure the DX228 will continue to improve as it keeps burning in.

May 15, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #2,949 of 13,478
Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #2,950 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso : The side adds on the HeadFi forums website is still for DX200 (I have seen it a couple of times on the right side). I think it needs to be updated for DX220.

EDIT: Adding screenshot:

Thank you. We will be changing this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 15, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #2,951 of 13,478
May 15, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #2,953 of 13,478
Oh maybe I'm not in mango lol
In Android mode under Artist you only get a listing of all songs - a fix has been requested.

If you are in Android mode you will see an option to switch to Mango mode if you hold down the power button for a few seconds. Some have reported that they like the sound better in Mango mode but you will not have PEQ or the search capabilities.

Cheers,
Tim

May 15, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #2,954 of 13,478
In Android mode under Artist you only get a listing of all songs - a fix has been requested.

If you are in Android mode you will see an option to switch to Mango mode if you hold down the power button for a few seconds. Some have reported that they like the sound better in Mango mode but you will not have PEQ or the search capabilities.

Cheers,
Tim
Wait, so mango player no longer has an Eq function?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back