DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 3, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #1,879 of 13,478
Good lord, Mango sounds so much better than Android Mango. Never going back....

Whoever also likes Mango OS please write Paul and let him know of issues and suggestions for functionality so they can keep improving it.

I never cared about Mango OS before as I used third party players, but Mango OS is so good on the 220. In my opinion, the player should be refined to be the standard player for the 220--at least for SD card playback.

May 3, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #1,880 of 13,478
Just started my journey with the DX220. So far so good out of the box.
Upgraded to new firmware and currently using the Mango OS.

Happen to stumble upon the filter (i.e. slow roll-off (linear) is the default).
Any idea, if these filter are used for any specific purpose?

May 3, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #1,881 of 13,478
My dumb a$$ never ever switched into Mango OS with the DX200, the shame...

Imagine if they could somehow hotswap between Android and Mango Linux seamlessly [INSERT ACTUAL SOFTWARE ENGINEERING IDEAS HERE]

May 3, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #1,882 of 13,478
One quick question, and one longer one. First, does the line out also benefit from burn in? Second, is it possible, or will it ever be possible, to get an update, if one so wanted, that would remove everything from the DX220 except the Mango OS? I have no need for wifi, third party apps, youtube, anything besides an offline DAP. Something akin the the DX120 in that regard. Just wondering.

May 3, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #1,883 of 13,478
Ok guys... Chill...
let's be civilized...

back to DX220, which mine hopefully come tomorrow...

making list of what to prepare and to do...

listening to Logic, the incredible true story Album

I like the narrative between the song

May 3, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #1,884 of 13,478
Mango OS has direct access to hardware cause doesn't go through software layer exist in th android framework. It's as easy as that. Mango is linux based and able to get full potential from the codec cause it hard lowest level of access to the hardware. e.g Direct X in Windows is a layer to access to the GPU.

May 3, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #1,885 of 13,478
Does the Lurker guy have any ideas on how to perhaps isolate certain applications for better sound quality, disable everything else or as much as possible when they are working? I realize this might be futile but curious anyway. So those of you who have already burned everything in what kind of differences in sound quality are we talking about between Mango OS and the Mango app on Android OS? Anyone using streaming services with the DX220 yet? Someone has to be.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #1,886 of 13,478
If you don't mind that the useless hardware is still there, but is turned off, and that software stuff still takes flash memory space, but nothing more, then my add-on does just that what you want: in Mango mode, no a service starts that is not required.

@Lurker0, does this further improve SQ in Mango mode, or is it just for efficiency?

May 3, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #1,887 of 13,478
Spotify and Tidal both allows you to choose which storage to save those offline files. Yes, it’s encrypted so you can’t play it independently which meant no-go on Mango OS.

If you want to improve experience on Android OS, put it on airplane mode to disable all the antennas which usually the source of interference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back