DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 2, 2019 at 4:47 AM Post #1,801 of 13,478
Here are what I found upgraded from DX220 vs DX200

Dx220

Upgraded Inductor coils
Upgraded capacitors
Upgraded and newer design for Power Supply
Quick charge 3.0 that does 70% juices in 60 minutes
Upgraded and redesigned Sample rate switching circuitry. The large switching Transistors found on dx200 is absent. The clock sample rates between each switching is much more subtle on Dx220.
Better cooling with CPU into the chassis with thermal Paste

How is it priced this way ? I don’t know....Magic trickery ? Or something else

Pictures to circles those upgrades that you can easily spot
D467F20F-CC04-487B-B34B-CF6EFB12EA43.jpeg 655BFBF2-3F56-417D-A14D-653F0DF6F8DC.jpeg

May 2, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #1,802 of 13,478
Damn YouTube in chrome is not working. Either plays without sound or won't play...wonder if there's a fix...I know this is a dap and not a phone. But ever once in a while I like watching live performances..

Between me and you we've confirmed there's an issue. I'm on the latest build so that's not the fix presently. I'd imagine that they'll address this in a future build/update.

May 2, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #1,803 of 13,478
Damn YouTube in chrome is not working. Either plays without sound or won't play...wonder if there's a fix...I know this is a dap and not a phone. But ever once in a while I like watching live performances..
Just wait, our best firmware cooker @Lurker0 is cooking his free firmware for 220. Be glad you get such ....imagine AK, Sony, or other companies top tier and try to find wireless or internet feature

I have mentioned this, and will repeat it. Android on Ibasso is not your Android on a smartphones. Even Android on Smartphones from China would still have limitations. There are a whole bunches of licenses, certificates and so on to even get it working

You think the US would allow Chinese products to be friendlier ? Now, think about other manufacturers.

This has always been an issues

Then go blame on the US and ...whatever....LOL

Ok, let’s get back to the DAP

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #1,805 of 13,478
...Isn't his firmware going to be mutually exclusive with iBasso's updates? For that reason I plan on just sticking with iBasso if I decide to keep this dap.
He cooks firmware for free. He could decide to stop cooking at any given minute, if anyone offended him enough....or showing ungrateful behavior

But he had been cooking newer firmware as soon as new Ibasso firmware is rolled out

May 2, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #1,807 of 13,478
He cooks firmware for free. He could decide to stop cooking at any given minute, if anyone offended him enough....or showing ungrateful behavior

But he had been cooking newer firmware as soon as new Ibasso firmware is rolled out
So, his is better than iBassos fw ?

May 2, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #1,808 of 13,478
That doesn't answer my question. Can you use his firmware with iBasso's updates? He's not doing this for me.
Did you just ask if you could use Ibasso Update features to find @Lurker0 firmware ?
No
.he isn’t working for Ibasso. Ibasso has nothing to do with him
You want his firmware ? It is a customized firmware. He invested so much time and effort into it. The least you can do is to follow instructions and use it.

May 2, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #1,811 of 13,478
In the world of Android, and rooting community aka xda it's common for people to cook their own ROM to improved certain things of the stock ROM provided by manufacturers. This is common for Pixel, Samsung, OnePlus phones.

There is always a caveat to it that, it normally is not supported in situation such as warranty, but as long there is a way to flash back the stock ROM it should be fine.

May 2, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #1,812 of 13,478

Dx220

Upgraded Inductor coils
Upgraded capacitors
Upgraded and redesigned Sample rate switching circuitry. The large switching Transistors found on dx200 is absent. The clock sample rates between each switching is much more subtle on Dx220.

There are 2 more things I forgot. These 2 things help further suppress the noises

WiFi and Bluetooth antenna is now encased within the metal chassis
Ribbon cables for touch screens and volume controls are now located further away from the DAC - Analog sections. Side-Buttons are no longer ribbon cables connecting, it is directly on the PCB
3C80AA30-0D8B-473E-9017-ED593D19146E.jpeg 15471458-2D1B-47FF-A9A2-99449EC8BE6E.jpeg
BD86A837-712E-4EC4-BA52-C50D373D4C57.jpeg

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #1,813 of 13,478
In the world of Android, and rooting community aka xda it's common for people to cook their own ROM to improved certain things of the stock ROM provided by manufacturers. This is common for Pixel, Samsung, OnePlus phones.

There is always a caveat to it that, it normally is not supported in situation such as warranty, but as long there is a way to flash back the stock ROM it should be fine.
I agree, and...
The problems is to find a person who is willing to cook a custom ROM, and a manufacturer who allows the freedom to install custom ROM. Both are possible with Ibasso platforms

May 2, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #1,814 of 13,478
I agree, and...
The problems is to find a person who is willing to cook a custom ROM, and a manufacturer who allows the freedom to install custom ROM. Both are possible with Ibasso platforms
I will be waiting for him firmware to be release. Definitely appreciate his work. I use to be into phone custom ROMs and I know how much work it is especially to get things to work right .

May 2, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #1,815 of 13,478

Dx220

Upgraded Inductor coils
Upgraded capacitors

Totally agree!

Not to mention the screen and all the work that went into the improved software and UI. They didn’t just make a fantastic product, and provide some of the best service in the industry, they did all this and kept virtually the same price point.

This is how consumer loyalty is earned and won.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back