DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 16, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #3,061 of 13,478
@rutter
Just try solaris and verify by yourself if they have depth or not.
Sometimes I forget they are IEM because their space reproduction (wide and depth) is so real that is hard to believe is possible for a pair of IEM and the synergy with Dx200 is wonderful. For sure better with 220 because of its triple gain level...

May 16, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #3,063 of 13,478
That is Amp1 MKII signature, you can mimic the MKII into Amp1Ti, and it is smoother. Amp3, Amp4/4S, are all smoother, but it will compromise some other places....Amp8 is also smooth, but it also have some compromises. Before anyone troll me, I will tell everyone here that nothing is perfect, especially high-end devices....you gain some, and you lose some. It is your preferences to device which you want and don’t want. However, with Ibasso Modular designs, you will have a lot of fun, and that is a for sure thing

*joke* Yeah, I dare anyone who is married to confess to their wife the compromises their marriage have VS the hot accountant next door....end of jokes
Wait, so the AMP1 MK2 is the most aggressive sounding of all the amp modules?

I prefer snappy and fast attacks over a laid back and relaxed kind of sound so would getting the amp 7/8 be a wrong choice for me?

May 16, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #3,064 of 13,478

I prefer snappy and fast attacks over a laid back and relaxed kind of sound so would getting the amp 7/8 be a wrong choice for me?
Put dx200s stock amp and get a BA iem with no bass drivers.

May 16, 2019 at 8:02 AM Post #3,065 of 13,478
Put dx200s stock amp and get a BA iem with no bass drivers.
No can do, most BAs aren't even close to the level of snappyness I'm after. The DX200 stock was boring sounding too so that ain't it either

Somewhere around IER Z1R level is where I'm at.

20190516_184850.jpg

May 16, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #3,066 of 13,478
No can do, most BAs aren't even close to the level of snappyness I'm after. The DX200 stock was boring sounding too so that ain't it either

Somewhere around IER Z1R level is where I'm at.

Demoed it like seven times, it was ok, but the jvc 10000 is much more snappy.

May 16, 2019 at 8:20 AM Post #3,067 of 13,478

Uhm...there are 2 matters here

Amp1 MkII is not exactly aggressive. It is somewhat aggressive, but the top end is a bit grainy and harsh, which lose the authenticity of metal splashes and chimes instruments...etc...however, you will get good details and air still.

Amp8 is a little laid back, yes, relaxed ? Not exactly relaxed either, but it is when you compared to Amp1 MKII, and the sub-bass line that is unique to stock Amp8. Not everyone dislike it, but not all loving it. The advantages of Amp8 over Amp1 mKII is the soundstage spaciousness, and driving power when using full-sizes

So, in order to get what you described, snappy, controlled, fast, detailed, and extended into the far and beyond, together with that textures smoothness of which would give the authenticity of Metal instruments, splashes, and chimes...etc.. ....I developed Amp8-EX. It took many trials and errors, but finally I had it succeeded.

I am not living off of this hobby, so I don’t look into modifying for anyone, really. You either tackle it by DIY, or follow the steps I shared and ask a well skilled technician to do the job.

May 16, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #3,068 of 13,478
Demoed it like seven times, it was ok, but the jvc 10000 is much more snappy.
Tried that too, but I think JVC overdid it and made it unnatural sounding instead.

May 16, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #3,069 of 13,478

Amp1 MkII is not exactly aggressive. It is somewhat aggressive, but the top end is a bit grainy and harsh, which lose the authenticity of metal splashes and chimes instruments...etc...however, you will get good details and air still.

Amp8 is a little laid back, yes, relaxed ? Not exactly relaxed either, but it is when you compared to Amp1 MKII, and the sub-bass line that is unique to stock Amp8. Not everyone dislike it, but not all loving it. The advantages of Amp8 over Amp1 mKII is the soundstage spaciousness, and driving power when using full-sizes

So, in order to get what you described, snappy, controlled, fast, detailed, and extended into the far and beyond, together with that textures smoothness of which would give the authenticity of Metal instruments, splashes, and chimes...etc.. ....I developed Amp8-EX. It took many trials and errors, but finally I had it succeeded.

I am not living off of this hobby, so I don’t look into modifying for anyone, really. You either tackle it by DIY, or follow the steps I shared and ask a well skilled technician to do the job.
Yeah, that's how I ended up in the AMP8 EX thread in the first place :D

The problem I have though is not with the process of modifying but rather sourcing the components needed.

May 16, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #3,070 of 13,478

Can you please point me to your DIY section?

Thanks.

And it's not that I'm unhappy with the stock amp module, it's just too tempting with the ease of access to the amp modules :wink: And I'm a tinkerer.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #3,071 of 13,478
May 16, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #3,072 of 13,478
Can you please point me to your DIY section?

Thanks.

And it's not that I'm unhappy with the stock amp module, it's just too tempting with the ease of access to the amp modules :wink: And I'm a tinkerer.

Post #1107

referring to the suspect and crime scene....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back