DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Apr 20, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #826 of 13,478
What/who is HBB? Not that it really matters anyways.

Many prior Mojo owners here, including myself, would wholeheartedly disagree with that.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fearless-audio-iems-discussion-impressions.900055/

Hawaii Bad Boy

Ok lets see...do a refined search for iBasso DX200 reviews and you see an astronomical amount of positive 4 and 5 stars. Lets go one step further, you say this HBB as if everyone here should know who that is...and yet we don't.

A number of people here are reviewers...and a good number of those have already A/B'd the SP1000 and the AK380 vs the DX200. I am one of them.

So...where do you get your information from @Researcher?

Now we move onto the DX220 which, to my ears, is even more refined than BOTH versions of the DX200...

I can assure you, at the Axpona Show in Chicago last weekend...the AK people did NOT want me to A/B the DX220 against their SP1000 like I did with the DX200.

My reference is here:

Often with some people, when they have an audience, being provocative is a way of getting more attention. Obviously, many people would not agree with his assessment. The Mojo, no, it isn't as dynamic nor as open sounding as the DX200, especially with the AMP8. The other TOTL players all offer something but IMO, as what he posts is his opinion, they aren't better. But saying the DX200 at 869 is over rated holds no water, IMO. I have the Mojo, the WM1Z and have had plenty of time to compare to other TOTL players except a couple and the 200 is right there. UI, early on issues on and off. Now, works well and is fast. Anyway, this thread is about the DX220 and it is a totally different beast.

Respect for your thought. However, Neither am I only one mentioning the opinions of DX200, nor the first one. Musical and UI experience the DX200 offers are claimed to be really bad. Someone here compares dx200 with sp1000 and points out dx200 is better, which, I believe, is weird.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #827 of 13,478
Are the opamps in the amp modules easily replaceable? And would Burson v5iD opamps be an upgrade to the ones they come with? And are any of the amps configured with 2 opamps?

Reason I ask is I ordered the Burson opamps to use on a Little Bear B4x but decided to return it before the opamps arrived, so wondering if I can use them on a DX200/220 amp (currently have the DX200 but will upgrade to 220 soon).
Why did you return the B4X?

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #828 of 13,478
From an audio prospective, how is everyone here coming to the conclusion the 220 will sound "much better" than the 200 when using the same amp module? Obviously UI is improved etc, but as they are using the same DAC's where is this alleged audio improvement coming from?

I need to see pictures of dx220 main unit internal. But there are places that can be improved

1/ more current to feed ES9028Pro. One of the reason why many ToTL DAP can not pull off the Dual ES9028Pro is due to how much demand the ES9028Pro is asking for in current. Both ES9028Pro and ES9038Pro are Current demanding IC. There are new customized Coil to satisfy the current demands from Dx220 toward ES9028Pro (as advertised by Ibasso). So at least, Ibasso did improve the design at this point

2/ Tuning and upgrading to newer and further components with better shielding technique would also improve the sound quality. 2 main places to improve is Wireless antenna and LCD Screen radiations

Those are just a few....you don’t have to always aim for DAC-IC to call it an improvements....the DAC-IC is needless to say is one of the primary and easiest marketing strategies

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #829 of 13,478
Are the opamps in the amp modules easily replaceable? And would Burson v5iD opamps be an upgrade to the ones they come with? And are any of the amps configured with 2 opamps?

Reason I ask is I ordered the Burson opamps to use on a Little Bear B4x but decided to return it before the opamps arrived, so wondering if I can use them on a DX200/220 amp (currently have the DX200 but will upgrade to 220 soon).

Just forget it. Opamps are not easy to swap, but is do-able. However, you need Lab-measuring equipments and understanding different techniques to test the whole spectrum to make sure there isn’t any oscilliations at any given-load, points...etc....

Burson would be too bulky to even dream about.

So, whatever you just asked would deem (impossible) in my point of view

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #830 of 13,478
Why did you return the B4X?
It wasn't really suitable for my EE Phantoms as they're too sensitive, so the noise floor was very apparent (plus it was way too sensitive to WiFi/cell phone interference as well). Sound was nice, warm, and expansive aside from that with my SR1, but I decided to sell the SR1 as well lol.

Just forget it. Opamps are not easy to swap, but is do-able. However, you need Lab-measuring equipments and understanding different techniques to test the whole spectrum to make sure there isn’t any oscilliations at any given-load, points...etc....

Idea scrapped then, thanks!

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #831 of 13,478
It wasn't really suitable for my EE Phantoms as they're too sensitive, so the noise floor was very apparent (plus it was way too sensitive to WiFi/cell phone interference as well). Sound was nice, warm, and expansive aside from that with my SR1, but I decided to sell the SR1 as well lol.

Yeah portable tube amps are that way. I use an iFi iematch with mine and it makes a huge difference.

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #832 of 13,478
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fearless-audio-iems-discussion-impressions.900055/

Hawaii Bad Boy

My reference is here:

Respect for your thought. However, Neither am I only one mentioning the opinions of DX200, nor the first one. Musical and UI experience the DX200 offers are claimed to be really bad. Someone here compares dx200 with sp1000 and points out dx200 is better, which, I believe, is weird.

Ummm...you're basing your words on a video, and one guy's review of a unit with outdated firmware and not the best AMP module? That's fine. However, it's unrealistic.

The DX200 has come a very long way since that unit that's shown in the video. You are entitled to your opinion, however, a simple search shows that the thousands of positive reviews far outnumber the negative ones. Also of note, a large number of the negative reviews or "comparisons" were done with old firmware, far less powerful AMP modules units that were probably not even burned in.

I acknowledge your opinion, refrain from trying to change it, and motion us all to move on. LOL

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #833 of 13,478

The bursons will fit as below :ksc75smile:

hqdefault.jpg

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #834 of 13,478
Ummm...you're basing your words on a video, and one guy's review of a unit with outdated firmware and not the best AMP module? That's fine. However, it's unrealistic.

The DX200 has come a very long way since that unit that's shown in the video. You are entitled to your opinion, however, a simple search shows that the thousands of positive reviews far outnumber the negative ones. Also of note, a large number of the negative reviews or "comparisons" were done with old firmware, far less powerful AMP modules units that were probably not even burned in.

I acknowledge your opinion, refrain from trying to change it, and motion us all to move on. LOL

There is an old saying in other countries around the world

When you love something, if it is as deformed as a Clay-bar, it still is perfect. When you dislike something, even if it is as rounded as a ball, then it would be unacceptable and ugly

:wink:

Apr 20, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #836 of 13,478
Apr 20, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #837 of 13,478
:dt880smile::dt880smile::ksc75smile:

LOL. I took this photo just before turning off the unit and opening up the amp module.

I just noticed the picture and song title :)

**I was trying out the MITER DX200 case to see if it fitted. Excuse my fingerprints

How did the Miter DX200 case fit the DX220? The yellow case I saw in several unboxings is just not for me. I can't really tell from the photo whether this is a good fit or like putting a large shirt on someone who usually needs an XL :darthsmile:.

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #838 of 13,478

Dx200TI>B4-X>HP-3 pretty sweet really. No cellphone near or wi-fi in operation. Sorry, already ordered the Bursons

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #839 of 13,478
How did the Miter DX200 case fit the DX220? The yellow case I saw in several unboxings is just not for me. I can't really tell from the photo whether this is a good fit or like putting a large shirt on someone who usually needs an XL :darthsmile:.

I took a few pictures earlier tonight and uploaded them to the Head pie instagram account.

So I can readily respond.

FB3E2F54-4084-4133-B232-86E72C40F131.jpeg
A little over hang at the top as the DX00 Has more length than the DX220 (see last photo).

C02F8C70-4959-4377-9F51-FF29495112D7.jpeg

5571EAE5-32D6-4DE7-9728-E894825DF5C4.jpeg

The buttons are mostly in a similar place, and the DX220 buttons are larger and I had no problem operating them.

15795E73-3AB6-4B0F-8ACD-711DA2C5E9CB.jpeg

Apr 20, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #840 of 13,478
I took a few pictures earlier tonight and uploaded them to the Head pie instagram account.

So I can readily respond.

A little over hang at the top as the DX00 Has more length than the DX220 (see last photo).

The buttons are mostly in a similar place, and the DX220 buttons are larger and I had no problem operating them.

Thanks for sharing so quickly! Looks like a pretty good fit to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back