DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 10, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #6,152 of 13,478
Tomorrow I should receive the AMP8, I will express my opinion. At the moment I can only evaluate the AMP1 MKII which is already stunning.

IMG_20190710_184420.jpg

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #6,153 of 13,478
@Whitigir @Paul - iBasso
Thanks for replying!

I will be looking to get the amp8 soon from my local sources.
The amp1mkii is already so good in my opinion!
I can hardly imagine amp8 and the modded amp8!

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #6,154 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso can you confirm if the software team is working on a fix to get the DC01 to work on Galaxy S9/10 phones?

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #6,156 of 13,478
Really ? DC01 works on my Note8 just fine. What is the bug

Zero sound output/doesn't work. There was a note at the bottom of the DC01 product page that it was a known issue on S9 and S10, kind of annoying that they bury that info where buyers likely won't notice. I saw it after my Amp9 and DC01 shipped

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #6,157 of 13,478
Regarding wifi interference / crackling with Amp9 I've noticed that I seem to only get it on my 5ghz network. I switched over to my 2.4ghz network yesterday just to see if it had any effect and haven't experienced it since. Not conclusive and could be because the 2.4 has better range but it seems to make a difference for me at least.

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #6,158 of 13,478
Zero sound output/doesn't work. There was a note at the bottom of the DC01 product page that it was a known issue on S9 and S10, kind of annoying that they bury that info where buyers likely won't notice. I saw it after my Amp9 and DC01 shipped
It might be a glitch in the S software or country to country. I have had a number of reports of the DC01 working without issue and it works here at our site but a couple of people have had an issue, so we of course include the notice. We are working on this but we still don't know what the problem is as it is infrequent and we don't have a device that it doesn't work on. It can always be returned.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 10, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #6,159 of 13,478
My amp9 give a amazing sound quality [...] But noise background is also detected easily. I think it is the true quality of amp9. ...

Exactly. My IEMs don’t particularly hiss, its only audible on some tracks so I guess AMP9 doesn’t hiss by itself, it just shows everything from the recording... and ... I just love it !

Edit: Mango OS, no wifi, no BT, no Fat tissue, only music

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #6,160 of 13,478
I orders my dx220 from advanced MP3 players in the UK too. Exactly the same condition, slightly messed up screws and marked up film on the back. I assumed this was due to how they are made. Oh I orders on day one too so unlikely it was used. Its not the first time I have ordered from them and I have a degree of trust that they would not rip us off.

Im hoping for some new screws with my AMP9 to replace the bent ones. :)

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #6,161 of 13,478
I orders my dx220 from advanced MP3 players in the UK too. Exactly the same condition, slightly messed up screws and marked up film on the back. I assumed this was due to how they are made. Oh I orders on day one too so unlikely it was used. Its not the first time I have ordered from them and I have a degree of trust that they would not rip us off.

I think i was the first one to get the DX220 from them, and mine came in perfect condition except the scratches at the back, but it's on the film anyway. I know for a fact that they immediately forwarded the dapbfeom Ibasso the minute they got it from Ibasso.

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #6,162 of 13,478

Imported mine via hong kong and it had messed up looking screws with none central slots. The back looked like an ice rink. So yep completely normal lol.

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #6,164 of 13,478
Thank you guys for the feedbacks on your purchases.
I wont return my unit, the sound is just amazing and tomorrow I will report my thoughts about the AMP8.
If one day - in the future - iBasso will produce the AMP10 with NuTube and balanced output, it will be a problem for my wallet :o2smile:

Jul 10, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #6,165 of 13,478
Exactly. My IEMs don’t particularly hiss, its only audible on some tracks so I guess AMP9 doesn’t hiss by itself, it just shows everything from the recording... and ... I just love it !

Edit: Mango OS, no wifi, no BT, no Fat tissue, only music
Yes, tracks do “hiss” by itself. It depends on the artists and studio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back