DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 5, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #5,896 of 13,478
I have given this to the software team. I am not sure what they can do at this time.
Hi Paul,
On the DP-X1 and on my Squeezebox, this is correctly implemented. The sorting of the albums is done with the album artist tag.
But then the sorting of each song is done with the simple Artist tag, the Album Artist is only used for sorting albums.
This way all the DJ mixes appear correctly and all the hip hop songs whiwh habe a lot of featurings also appear correctly if you tag your songs on the Artist tag with Artist X feat. artist Y.
This is a must have feature for hip hop and techno fans like me where multiple artist share same album.
The Album Artist should only appear for sorting per Artist and album, not in each song at this level of hierarchy.
Thx !

Jul 5, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #5,897 of 13,478
I have the Absolute Amp from Manley Labs. A superb amp, superb. The one thing it has, due to an all tube design, a little bit of hiss. That is tubes. You can get rid of all of it, but most often, you also lose some of the musicality. And the music is so good, the low level retrieval of details so good, that I could care less. Not that is in SE, in Push/Pull, yes there is a switch to do either, there is no hiss but not quite as musical. So I have a choice but most often go with SE output. The source, and I have a number, the DX220 out does all of them. The separation, spatial detail from the line out is glorious. I am really enjoying the Linda Ronstadt 3 cd set. Such depth, width and imaging.
Most probably the hiss acts as dither and renders tones less sharp and more enjoyable because sharpness is difficult to cope with.
Even harmonics are also perceived more colorful to human ears.
Pure silicon devices have more odd harmonics and sharpness, but the noise level is not possible to hear anymore with newest DAPs.

Jul 5, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #5,902 of 13,478
Google play store was never meant to be working on Ibasso devices. They are unregistered devices, you will need Lurker firmware to make it work. Unlike A&K and other brands which also run on custom Android but totally have no one else to develop a way to hack and enable google play store like Ibasso device and Lurker here. A&K people had been waiting for a very long time for Tidala d other streaming apps

Jul 5, 2019 at 7:38 PM Post #5,903 of 13,478
Google play store was never meant to be working on Ibasso devices. They are unregistered devices, you will need Lurker firmware to make it work. Unlike A&K and other brands which also run on custom Android but totally have no one else to develop a way to hack and enable google play store like Ibasso device and Lurker here. A&K people had been waiting for a very long time for Tidala d other streaming apps

I see so it is rather expected then...

Jul 5, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #5,904 of 13,478
Something weird happen today while listening to Amp9. All of sudden, the left side iem just gone off and no sound, I tot is the cable or iem fault.
After a few cables swap and change of iem, same issues with left side no output.

Reboot the system a few times to no available.

Then, I realized after rebooting, it always go to the last song played. I decided to go back folder and refresh all albums again and funny, the left input is back and all seems well again. Is this related to a firmware bug? In pure mango mode.

Jul 5, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #5,905 of 13,478
Something weird happen today while listening to Amp9. All of sudden, the left side iem just gone off and no sound, I tot is the cable or iem fault.
After a few cables swap and change of iem, same issues with left side no output.

Reboot the system a few times to no available.

Then, I realized after rebooting, it always go to the last song played. I decided to go back folder and refresh all albums again and funny, the left input is back and all seems well again. Is this related to a firmware bug? In pure mango mode.
Sometimes you just have to do a factory reset to clean everything up.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:17 AM Post #5,909 of 13,478
Noob question : I'm currently running Lurker0 FW 1.06 on DX200 ( Sorry for mentioning DX200 here but the old DX200 topic got abandoned :frowning2: ). Now i want to update my FW to 1.07 latest to make my device compatible with AMP9, do i need to revert back to original/factory reset or just apply the latest FW 1.07? Thanks in advance.

Also, @Whitigir can i ask AMP9 and SR1/IT04 synergy cause i'm currently using AMP8 modded and plan to upgrade to AMP9 :D I don't know anyone else that happen to have AMP9 and SR1 like you.

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #5,910 of 13,478
Man, i cannot get over the SQ of AMP 9. It. Is. Incredible.

Same here !

I found my favourite combo. I mean there are quite a lot great chains but this one hits the spot for me right now. Paradise. I fell in love with this pairing.

DX220 - Amp9 - OSLO - Canary

IMG_20190706_121400_resized_20190706_121429841.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back