DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 3, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #5,776 of 13,478
You know there are people who would judge the price of a DAP for it performances right ? Have you ever heard “ it is expensive because it sound good “ quote ?

The dx220 is the opposite of that, it is affordable and yet sound good! Still, there would be people to call it “mid-tier” at best. But to me, the Dx220 is cheap for what it can do.

Enjoy Amp9 guys! Keep the impression coming !

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #5,778 of 13,478
image.jpg Let the fun begin!

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #5,779 of 13,478
Mine arrived as well, ready for me to pickup can't wait to leave work to get my precious DX220 and AMP9 :D

Enjoy Amp9 guys! Keep the impression coming !

I'll sure post AMP9 impressions (but heck, DX220 as well, since I waited to get both in one strike), I have a feeling the night is going to be a bit sleepless :p

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #5,780 of 13,478
I wonder how many people have successfully made Amp8-EX ? I have got a few messages asking me to how to get EX applied on Amp8 in EU. I hope @Nayparm do not mind me when I point everyone toward you :wink:.

One just have to listen to Amp8-EX to really know what it can do. It isn’t as impressive as Amp9 out of the box. Stock form and out of the box, Amp9 deserve to be called the best module yet...except low gains, which is excellent for anyone who uses in ears

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #5,781 of 13,478
I wonder how many people have successfully made Amp8-EX ? I have got a few messages asking me to how to get EX applied on Amp8 in EU. I hope @Nayparm do not mind me when I point everyone toward you :wink:.

One just have to listen to Amp8-EX to really know what it can do. It isn’t as impressive as Amp9 out of the box. Stock form and out of the box, Amp9 deserve to be called the best module yet...except low gains, which is excellent for anyone who uses in ears
What are the changes to parts?

Jul 3, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #5,782 of 13,478

Vince! Amp9 is the most popular nowadays. Amp8 is soon to be history. :wink:
However, whenever I have time I will consider to modify it to the level of EX since I don’t use much headphone over the ears. My SR1 is always sticking with SuperSymmetry Dynalo desktop amp. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #5,783 of 13,478

I can answer this on Friday. My AMP8-Ex has been laying around unused for a month. Finally my cable Leonidas II is coming on Friday and I'll see what the hype is about :D

Btw, what are you're thoughts on AMP8-Ex and AMP9 ?

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #5,784 of 13,478
I can answer this on Friday. My AMP8-Ex has been laying around unused for a month. Finally my cable Leonidas II is coming on Friday and I'll see what the hype is about :D

Btw, what are you're thoughts on AMP8-Ex and AMP9 ?

Very nice! May you share with us all here as to whom the EX works were performed ? So many more people can enjoy the performances of Amp8-EX. The Amp8-EX needs a lot of burn-in, like 350 hours or so. But performances can be observed and enjoyed after 12 hours.

I would rather hear your impressions on Amp8-EX first :wink:

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #5,787 of 13,478
Very nice! May you share with us all here as to whom the EX works were performed ? So many more people can enjoy the performances of Amp8-EX. The Amp8-EX needs a lot of burn-in, like 350 hours or so. But performances can be observed and enjoyed after 12 hours.

I would rather hear your impressions on Amp8-EX first :wink:

I got it from @WindowsX Keetakawee. Got his Signature mod for AMP8, expensive but I hope it's worth it!

350 hours is a lot of time, i'll just use it and enjoy the process from there! :D It was your review of the AMP8-ex that got me excited to be honest, and the only guy i knew who did was Keetakawee at that time.

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #5,788 of 13,478
Jul 3, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #5,789 of 13,478
I got it from @WindowsX Keetakawee. Got his Signature mod for AMP8, expensive but I hope it's worth it!

350 hours is a lot of time, i'll just use it and enjoy the process from there! :D It was your review of the AMP8-ex that got me excited to be honest, and the only guy i knew who did was Keetakawee at that time.
I see, Kee modifications is actually of his own and not related to my published version of EX modifications. Though we are both very enthusiastic about the modifications that we do. You are in safe hands

Jul 3, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #5,790 of 13,478
I see, Kee modifications is actually of his own and not related to my published version of EX modifications. Though we are both very enthusiastic about the modifications that we do. You are in safe hands

Ah, i thought you guys had similar mods. So my impressions now doesn't matter :p Honestly i dont know what to expect since I havent heard AMP8 basic anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back