DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 27, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #12,361 of 13,478
Thanks guys, still, I don’t see how I can access Tidal offline downloaded albums from Mango player and much less from Mango OS.
Tidal albuns don’t look to be on shared storage, maybe in a private app storage?

Anyway, pretty good quality from tidal music app, I can live with it
Thanks
I don't see my downloaded music either FWIW
Maybe @ehjie can help

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #12,363 of 13,478
Thanks guys, still, I don’t see how I can access Tidal offline downloaded albums from Mango player and much less from Mango OS.
Tidal albuns don’t look to be on shared storage, maybe in a private app storage?

Anyway, pretty good quality from tidal music app, I can live with it
Thanks
You can't use downloaded Tidal tracks from any app but Tidal. This is because each track in offline mode is saved in an encoded format that is specific to Tidal and only authenticated by the app only. There are easy to find in the system but it's named in a big number string and cannot be played outside of any app.

Location of the files is in internal storage:

Android - Data - COM.ASPIRO.TIDAL - Files - Offline

Aug 27, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #12,364 of 13,478
You can't use downloaded Tidal tracks from any app but Tidal. This is because each track in offline mode is saved in an encoded format that is specific to Tidal and only authenticated by the app only. There are easy to find in the system but it's named in a big number string and cannot be played outside of any app.

Location of the files is in internal storage:

Android - Data - COM.ASPIRO.TIDAL - Files - Offline

As I suspected, but you‘ve put it very clear, thanks! Thanks for the suggestion @BobJS , I’ll give UAPP a look
Regards

Aug 27, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #12,365 of 13,478
since we are talking about UAPP...
Just purchase an in app, Morphlt...
20200827_205617.jpg
hahaha... a bit late to play on these... so better late then never...
Tried with Elear, to personicate HD800, well is not like Elear will be HD800, but the Mid bass tightest is resemble of it... unfortunately Vocal and treble, I am not to sure, based on memory, HD800 is more brighter, airy & clean..
well atleast I have new toys again now...

Edit:
Regarding Mango OS compare to Android OS (Mango Player / UAPP).
I think is good that DX220 have 2 OS, and IMO, both have almost different character which can be useful pairing on different gear.

Example myself, When using IEM SOLARIS OG, I prefer MANGO OS, due to the Midrange sound is so fluent and liquid (I am limited by the language), it was very good synergy. SOLARIS OG will sound so Musical, Dark yet still detail, clear, airy & a bit spark... Right composition for my ear....
While using Mango Player, OG become more reference and monitoring, with more detail spark, and less Mid bass puncy QTY yet more detail rumble.

On the other hand, when I used Headphone like FOCAL Elear, it have a long decay bass, so I need to use UAPP (with neutral to reference sounding) , to tighten the bass, while it can generate micro detail in edge (sparking).
Using MANGO OS to Elear, was not a good synergy due to the Vocal thickening especially in MALE vocal... big NO for me.

EARBUD.. yes, also a bit late to know these, but quite fascinate by it, So far my prefer female vocal is by earbud pair with UAPP... extra clear, clean and Airy.. WOW... Earbud on MANGO OS, is too dense and the soundstage feel narrow with limited DEPTH..

And I write too long.. too exciting by the topic. My point, There is no better MANGO OS or ANDROID OS (Mango Player/UAPP/Spotify). is just you need to find the best synergy for your device / CANS / IEM etc... IMO.

And its Friday again... TGIF

edit 2 : Sorry, I dont have exp with TIDAL, is not available in my country legally... But is not a big problem for me.. I am more often offline for serious listening..

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #12,366 of 13,478
A new FW:

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX220FW-ota-v1.17.rar

1. Added support for DTS format.
2. Added support for multi-channel DSD.
3. Improved the compatibility of the USB digital output.
4. Rectified the bug that when playing ISO, the album artwork isn't displayed.
5. Rectified the bug that after sorting settings are changed, the play order is incorrect.
6. Rectified the bug that when using folder play function, the Now playing music list would not be updated.
7. Improved compatibility with Bluetooth devices. (Android OS)
8. Rectified the bug that when using shuffle mode, the first album artwork may display incorrectly.
9. Rectified the bug that when using 720P screen resolution, the bootup screen isn't displayed in the center.
10. Rectified the bug that the USB DAC mode doesn't support USB C to USB C cable connection.
11. Rectified the bug that when using Bluetooth output, sometimes the pause function doesn't work correctly. (Android OS)

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 29, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #12,367 of 13,478
A new FW:

5. Rectified the bug that after sorting settings are changed, the play order is incorrect.
6. Rectified the bug that when using folder play function, the Now playing music list would not be updated.
8. Rectified the bug that when using shuffle mode, the first album artwork may display incorrectly.
9. Rectified the bug that when using 720P screen resolution, the bootup screen isn't displayed in the center.
10. Rectified the bug that the USB DAC mode doesn't support USB C to USB C cable connection.
11. Rectified the bug that when using Bluetooth output, sometimes the pause function doesn't work correctly. (Android OS)
Will these same FW updates be rolled-out to the DX220 Max too? (I would love to get the USB-C>USB-C dac mode fix)

Aug 29, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #12,369 of 13,478
updated, same old process issues, has to refresh memory every time.
I always to updater/local update, reboot and select apply update from sd card.
I wonder if this is only process? why read the sd card twice?
Can I go directly to reboot page and select "apply update from sd card" and update it?

Aug 29, 2020 at 5:38 PM Post #12,372 of 13,478
A new FW:

Paul, I connected DX220 to my MacBook Pro usb-c I got DX220 hung up and MacBook started to charge from it like from external battery. Pressed 10+ seconds power button or power button with a play button did not help to turn on DAP back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back