DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #12,256 of 13,478
Hi there, I've got a problem with my DX220. It shut down because out of battery and it don't start again even after charging... I think we can call it bricked...
Could someone help me please? It's not an old unit, bought about 3 month ago. Thanx!

Hi I had a similar problem and ended up sending mine back to be checked. By the time it got there the battery had discharged and it charged and worked again like normal.

I had the same thing happen about a week after getting it back and booted it into the start menu (I think it is power and and forward track held down together but I'm not 100% sure as a while ago) and it has been fine.

So try to get it to boot into the start up menu & if that is not possible & all else has failed I would leave it for a bit until the battery has discharged and try and charge it again in a week or so.

I've since thought that both times this happened I had changed sd cards so I'm thinking it was something to do with that caused it.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #12,257 of 13,478
Hi, I didn't change sd card, but I tried to remove it in case if it change something.
This morning I tried on a Windows pc with Android tool and it only find maskrom device, it's better than nothing and by the way I don't think the problem is coming from battery.
I tried plugging usb with play button pressed but it only find maskrom device.
Perhaps @Paul - iBasso or Lurker0 could help?

Attachments

• IMG_20200803_101540.jpg
    IMG_20200803_101540.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0
Aug 3, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #12,258 of 13,478
Hi, I didn't change sd card, but I tried to remove it in case if it change something.
This morning I tried on a Windows pc with Android tool and it only find maskrom device, it's better than nothing and by the way I don't think the problem is coming from battery.
I tried plugging usb with play button pressed but it only find maskrom device.
Perhaps @Paul - iBasso or Lurker0 could help?
When using the Android too, you have the DX turned off, you hold the play button only and then plug in the USB cable.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #12,260 of 13,478
Aug 3, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #12,262 of 13,478
oh my god I've changed cable and it started with Lurker's sd card and crashed!
I'm actually under Fidelizer rom so I think perhaps the Lurker's card method don't work??

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #12,264 of 13,478
Lurker card method can't work 'cose the DX220 don't start
You always can use bootable SD-card to flash full firmware image from the first page of the thread. First of all, be sure the device is turned off by press and hold Power button for 10+ seconds. The device must be disconnected from a charger or PC.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #12,265 of 13,478
You always can use bootable SD-card to flash full firmware image from the first page of the thread. First of all, be sure the device is turned off by press and hold Power button for 10+ seconds. The device must be disconnected from a charger or PC.
Ok 👌I rename img file in sdupdate?

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #12,269 of 13,478
How do people sync music files? Sometimes when I attach my DX220 (default fw) by USB to my Windows PC I can read files in Windows Explorer, and sometimes not. I use MediaMonkey to manage my music library, and it's now unable to sync to the player on its own, and I have to install MM for Android (MMA) on the player, and sync by wifi. I'm using the Neutron player, having found that the native Android Media Store indexing doesn't work properly, so any players such as PlayerPro that use that index won't show correct metadata. It's all a bit of a mess. Any views?
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back