DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 20, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #10,367 of 13,478
Can I burn-in my AMP8 by connecting the 4.4mm cable of my Focal headphone to my DX220 and playing music ? For the burn-in purposes, would there be a difference between playing music to the actual headphone or just the cable ?
The cable has some resistance - most likely very low so it won't put a load on the amp module like the headphones or the burn-in cable do. If you still have the burn-in cable that came with your DX220 you can buy an adapter to connect it to the 4.4mm of the AMP8. Or you could just listen to it during the burn-in and enjoy the music as it matures and evolves before your very ears!

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #10,370 of 13,478
well, AMP9 is not Hiss friendly for some IEM...
if pair with the right one, it's very nice. Or Small. impedance Headphone...
Alternatively, you may add Impedance adapter like from ifi or else, to tame that Hiss..

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #10,372 of 13,478
well, AMP9 is not Hiss friendly for some IEM...
if pair with the right one, it's very nice. Or Small. impedance Headphone...
Alternatively, you may add Impedance adapter like from ifi or else, to tame that Hiss..
For aem with impedance of 8 ohms and sensitivity of 102 dB is amp9 good? I have 7 amp and to use them well I use medium gain, low gain do not go too much.

Jan 21, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #10,373 of 13,478
For aem with impedance of 8 ohms and sensitivity of 102 dB is amp9 good? I have 7 amp and to use them well I use medium gain, low gain do not go too much.
It depends...
I never try AMP7... so I don't know how is it, compare to AMP9. regarding Hiss...

we just wait for other who had tried to share their exp...

Jan 21, 2020 at 6:11 AM Post #10,374 of 13,478
are mids on regular amp 8 more present than amp1 mk2, as it seems there is no sign yet for anyone selling amp8ex or i basso doing any re run

and what is the difference between amp 8 ex and amp 8 regular one

does no one have both to share some insight

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #10,375 of 13,478
I don't get something about the DX220
Many people repeatedly report issues such as lag, interference, device shutting down for no reason, battery and other problems. But many people also report that their devices work without any issues at all. How is this possible ? There are some kind of extreme quality control issues where half of the devices are flawless but half are problematic? I don't get it.
based on this I have the problem of sudden shutdown, what solution is there?
do I have to bring it in or is it a bug?

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #10,376 of 13,478
Just tried the dx220, ifs just as bad as the dx200 with any Amp module as far as RF noise, Bluetooth but mostly plagued with wifi interference noise. Looks like ibasso still didn't offer proper shielding over the dx200 model.
Unfortunate, I guess the wm1a is a definite winner, lacks a bunch of cool features the dx220 offer, but it's so bad Rf, even when away from phone. Pretty dissapointed
i have it as well, when my DX229 was near powerful WiFi source, i got really bad interference.
I was even afraid my unit got broke or something.
But, moving it around "solved" the issue.

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #10,378 of 13,478
Hi all,

i have encountered an issue with my DX220 unit.
The issue is that my SD card got corrupted 2 times and both time the circumstances were identical and reproducible.
i also run thorough check of the card and it did not show any bad sectors or anything.
The card is Samsung EVO Plus 512 GB microSDXC UHS-I U3, bought from official dealer about 4 months ago. I use it for about 80% of capacity.
it was working fine until recently.

The corruption happened both times like this:
1) I use unit as DAC from MangoOS. after i finish listening, i just leave the unit so it powers off automatically.
2) next time i turn it on, the unit loads to Android, not to Mango, the battery is literally empty, and Android immediately reports that the SD card is corrupted and needs formatting. Looks like something is happening in-between, maybe unit does not go off as it should if not used, and it drains the battery, and it affects SD card somehow in this cycle.

when i copy all the files over, it works with no single problem, i mean the copying. So, the issue is not in SD card.

I have the latest firmware, no mods or anything. I did factory reset, but it happened again after i did it, and the circumstances were exactly the same - Mango -> DAC -> drained battery -> next time loads Android and the card is gone bust.

Another small issue that happens sometimes - when i use the unit as DAC from Mango, sometimes it automatically powers off even if i am actively using it, i mean i listen to a song at the moment.

Has anyone encountered issues like this?

I forgot to mention, it started happening after the last firmware update.
i did like this (i mean leave unit to power off from Mango DAC mode) many times in the previous version of firmware, and it was all fine.

Following up on the issue.
i did as was suggested by Paul, then upgraded to 1.13.202 FW, and it was fine for a few weeks.
Now again, same circumstances - using unit as DAC from Mango OS, then accidental shutdown, load to Android, corrupted card.

I will try latest FW and different SD card, but i do not think it's going to fix the issue.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #10,379 of 13,478
Following up on the issue.
i did as was suggested by Paul, then upgraded to 1.13.202 FW, and it was fine for a few weeks.
Now again, same circumstances - using unit as DAC from Mango OS, then accidental shutdown, load to Android, corrupted card.

I will try latest FW and different SD card, but i do not think it's going to fix the issue.
When you are done with the DX220 as a dac, do you turn it off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back