DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #10,351 of 13,478
may I ask how much burn-in time has the dx220.
I had my replaced and hated the replacement initially sounded terrible. Basically out the box the sound quality can be a bit of a roller coaster especially < 100h
After that it settled and sounded awesome

how is it in mango mode ?
Perfect in mango, wound is decent 60 hrs in, nothing out of the world impressive or even above its price range, but I guess I can tolerate the OK sound quality, it's a portable device after all, plenty to compromise on, but I like the full android.
Mango is great.
Anything with Bluetooth or wifi streaming and it's poo. Idk what else to try... What other daps. The hiby r6 pro, I'm about to sell it, I don't like it's sound.
I feel like I'm stuck with the wm1a... Which leaves me wanting more features but the Pairing with the u18t is pretty good for me.

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #10,352 of 13,478
I don't get something about the DX220
Many people repeatedly report issues such as lag, interference, device shutting down for no reason, battery and other problems. But many people also report that their devices work without any issues at all. How is this possible ? There are some kind of extreme quality control issues where half of the devices are flawless but half are problematic? I don't get it.
Apperantly poor quality control, possible inconsistent hardware?
The dx200 and dx80 was just as lame in those departments

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #10,354 of 13,478
No problem with the RF and stream from the router using Amazon Ultra HD all the time and also from my phone, sitting right by it. Sound, above the WM1A and with the AMP8, better dynamics and separation than the 1Z though still like the WM1Z a lot.
I don't think this or any ibasso products should be mentioned in the same paragraph as the awesome sounding yet featureless 1z

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #10,355 of 13,478
I don't think this or any ibasso products should be mentioned in the same paragraph as the awesome sounding yet featureless 1z
Well just because the 1Z doesn't have features doesn't mean it doesn't sound good, just not as good as the DX220 with the AMP8 but it is a small difference. The DX228 has a little better separation, dynamics and a pinpoint imaging but still, the 1Z is very good.

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #10,356 of 13,478
Well just because the 1Z doesn't have features doesn't mean it doesn't sound good, just not as good as the DX220 with the AMP8 but it is a small difference. The DX228 has a little better separation, dynamics and a pinpoint imaging but still, the 1Z is very good.
I mean I don't think the dx220 is anywhere near 1z in sound quality alone. I don't believe any ibasso products deserve to be in the same paragraph as the 1z.

Anyways, I guess my search continues, the problem is my budget is 1k only

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #10,357 of 13,478
I mean I don't think the dx220 is anywhere near 1z in sound quality alone. I don't believe any ibasso products deserve to be in the same paragraph as the 1z.

Anyways, I guess my search continues, the problem is my budget is 1k only

that is your opinion, which is different than mine . I hold on to Dx200 and upgrade to Dx220 while selling my WM1Z. But I do love DMP-Z1....so you are entitled to your opinion, but everyone is different

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #10,361 of 13,478
that is your opinion, which is different than mine . I hold on to Dx200 and upgrade to Dx220 while selling my WM1Z. But I do love DMP-Z1....so you are entitled to your opinion, but everyone is different

What do you think about the quality control issues many people are reporting ?
I want to hear your thoughts since you're praising the DX220 and iBasso all the time at everywhere...

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #10,362 of 13,478
What do you think about the quality control issues many people are reporting ?
I want to hear your thoughts since you're praising the DX220 and iBasso all the time at everywhere...

I simply stated what is the truth to me. I have not experienced any of those issues. It is always best to give it a try yourself. I can not speak for what I don’t know or have not experienced....

Ibasso has 15 days satisfaction guaranteed period.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #10,363 of 13,478
Can I burn-in my AMP8 by connecting the 4.4mm cable of my Focal headphone to my DX220 and playing music ? For the burn-in purposes, would there be a difference between playing music to the actual headphone or just the cable ?

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #10,365 of 13,478
Can I burn-in my AMP8 by connecting the 4.4mm cable of my Focal headphone to my DX220 and playing music ? For the burn-in purposes, would there be a difference between playing music to the actual headphone or just the cable ?
That method does just fine, but of course you will hear them when you walk by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back