DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Nov 22, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #9,151 of 13,478
Just finished updating and doing a quick check of other requested updates in the dedicated software request thread... Disappointed (understatement for sure) that none of the user interface fixes/enhancements have been addressed with this update - understand how busy the iBasso team is with the AMP8EX, DX160, and upcoming DX220Max but some of the requests have been around for many months/since the initial release of the DX220 and would most likely benefit a large percentage of owners. Guess the long wait for the next update starts with no insight into what might be addressed.

Don't get me wrong - I love my DX220 and the sound is just superb.

@Paul - iBasso - would be good to get an understanding in the dedicated thread of what might be coming or in-work for a future update.

Cheers,
Tim

Majorly second this sentiment :frowning2:

Nov 22, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #9,152 of 13,478
Just finished updating and doing a quick check of other requested updates in the dedicated software request thread... Disappointed (understatement for sure) that none of the user interface fixes/enhancements have been addressed with this update - understand how busy the iBasso team is with the AMP8EX, DX160, and upcoming DX220Max but some of the requests have been around for many months/since the initial release of the DX220 and would most likely benefit a large percentage of owners. Guess the long wait for the next update starts with no insight into what might be addressed.

Don't get me wrong - I love my DX220 and the sound is just superb.

@Paul - iBasso - would be good to get an understanding in the dedicated thread of what might be coming or in-work for a future update.

Cheers,
Tim
Can you list the specific areas of concern?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 22, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #9,153 of 13,478
Can you list the specific areas of concern?
Sure - quick few:
1) alpha-numeric jump-to for quickly navigating long listings
2) under artists menu - no ability to see all tracks across albums
3) playlist labeling and common playlist shared between android and mango mode
4) still some bugs with the retention of menu positions and retain across power off/on

To name a quick few.

More in the dedicated thread.

Cheers,
Tim

Nov 22, 2019 at 3:08 PM Post #9,155 of 13,478
For starters: I’ve reported several times now that Mango App on Android doesn’t respond to play/pause command from Bluetooth headphones. Every other media app does. There have been two updates now with this simple, but very convenient fix unaddressed.

I kind of like that "feature", the ATH-DSR9BT headphone is very sensitive and will pause the playback with the slightest touch or inadvertent gesture of the left ear cup. :upside_down:

Nov 22, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #9,158 of 13,478
Nov 23, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #9,159 of 13,478
Hehe, therefore your firmware is also official according to this... :wink:
No. That's why you have to use Rockchip tools designed for manufacturing, that bypass signature checks.

Nov 23, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #9,160 of 13,478
@Paul - iBasso - just discovered that also included in the latest FW update is a huge cut in amplification when EQ is activated (at least in Mango Mode - haven't confirmed in Android yet). It use to be that there was a -6 dB cut applied across the board before any changes entered on the EQ sliders were added/subtracted. Now it is much more than -12 dB (might even as much as -24 dB, maybe more) applied when EQ is activated - so much so that what I use to listen to at around 66 on Mid gain now has to be pumped up to around 84+ on High gain. Was this intentionally done and if so why? I don't like having to max out gain and volume for normal listening.

Can we please reset it back to the -6 dB when EQ is activated? In fact, there is an argument to have no cut when EQ is activated - up to the user to cut/boost and avoid clipping and distortion.

Any other EQ users have inputs/thoughts here?

I know there were some requested related to the PEQ as there was no cut levels prior to applying user entered settings and it was very easy to push into clipping there...

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. Confirmed same issue in Android Mode.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 5:34 AM Post #9,164 of 13,478
I did not need to ether.

Nov 23, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #9,165 of 13,478
I just updated to 1.15 w/ Lurker add on.

Everything seems good, but in Mango I have a greyed out shuffle icon on the top left corner. It remains there irrespective of the play mode. Does anyone else have this or know what it is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back