DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 15, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #4,861 of 13,478
Dx220 can pump out the bass like....hell lot of dosage of good bass, and I am not kidding. My Amp3-EX can pump helleluva of Bass while retaining all the details and finesses :), and I meant it to be tuned that way.
Which tracks you getting that helleluva bass ?

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #4,862 of 13,478
Which tracks you getting that helleluva bass ?
For example, something of EDM
E587CE26-7459-45D5-A847-01615FFE544F.jpeg

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #4,863 of 13,478
The definition of "plenty of bass" will vary from person to person. And as someone said above, mention what other DAP you are comparing it to. And of course, we gotta know which iem or headphones and would help to know which song you are using as you bass test track.

Btw, lately been using Ariana Grande's "break up with your girlfriend" as my bass test track. That intro goes deep (after decades, Max Martin is still at the top of his production game).

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #4,864 of 13,478
The definition of "plenty of bass" will vary from person to person. And as someone said above, mention what other DAP you are comparing it to. And of course, we gotta know which iem or headphones and would help to know which song you are using as you bass test track.

Btw, lately been using Ariana Grande's "break up with your girlfriend" as my bass test track. That intro goes deep (after decades, Max Martin is still at the top of his production game).
Try this for bass.

Jun 15, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #4,866 of 13,478
The amount of bass from the DX220 is exactly how it should be. Any more or less than this would be an artificial coloration:
dx220.png

The only way the DX220 would skew your FR would be if your headphones had very low (<1 Ohm) impedance AND had wild impedance swings vs frequency. I don't know of any headphones like that.

It could be that, coming from something else, (e.g., an SP1000 into your SE846), you had previously heard more bass impact. But that would be because of a flaw in the other DAP, not the DX220. (SP1000 SE z-out ~ 2 Ohm, and SE846 drops to around 4 Ohm in the mid-range.)

Jun 15, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #4,867 of 13,478
The amount of bass from the DX220 is exactly how it should be. Any more or less than this would be an artificial coloration:

The only way the DX220 would skew your FR would be if your headphones had very low (<1 Ohm) impedance AND had wild impedance swings vs frequency. I don't know of any headphones like that.

It could be that, coming from something else, (e.g., an SP1000 into your SE846), you had previously heard more bass impact. But that would be because of a flaw in the other DAP, not the DX220. (SP1000 SE z-out ~ 2 Ohm, and SE846 drops to around 4 Ohm in the mid-range.)
Lovely Graph!

Jun 15, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #4,868 of 13,478
ah.. i think I exp the same with my JBL bluetooth speaker...

I have Bose QC30 and have same issue.

I noticed in the Gym it’s a lot worse especially busy areas so I suspect there lots of interference from other devices.

Hopefully the Bluetooth chip isn't defective, and that a firmware update will rectify this problem.

Jun 15, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #4,871 of 13,478
Sometimes it is good to do a factory reset of the DX220, if there are issues with sound etc. I know that some things can be lost such as settings etc., but it always available to use. Also the clean install of the firmware using the Android Tool and the .img firmware, to clean out the entire system.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 15, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #4,872 of 13,478
I have Bose QC30 and have same issue.

I noticed in the Gym it’s a lot worse especially busy areas so I suspect there lots of interference from other devices.
I think that’s the point. I’ve just tested bluetooth at home - 20m away and there’s not any problem (test was with audeze mobius).
And I’ve got bass with all my iems except er-4:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #4,873 of 13,478
I think that’s the point. I’ve just tested bluetooth at home - 20m away and there’s not any problem (test was with audeze mobius).
I was in the park with no one else around. Perhaps the problem is only with a few DX220's, or perhaps it dislikes other Bluetooth devices more than others. Absolutely no problem with my phone.

Jun 16, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #4,875 of 13,478
Andromeda is not known for it's deep bass :D

I think you’re misrepresenting the Andromeda’s with that statement.

If you’re using an HP Amp with more than 4ohm output impedance the bass will be rolled off slightly, if using something with between 1ohm and 4ohms there’s still a little roll off in the sub bass. If using the DX220 with Andromeda their is no issue with bass roll off because output impedance is close to zero.

I can also confirm this from listening to HD600, MDR-1A and Andromeda back to back on DX200 w/ AMP1mk2 / AMP8 & FiiO Q5 w/ AM3B / AM5.
Andromeda has way more bass than HD600 even with FiiO Q5 / AM5 which is theoretically the worst because of higher output impedance of AM5. (If you can call 0.5ohm a high output impedance)

Andromeda also has more sub bass than MDR-1A which is a very heavy mid bass headphone in comparison.
Of course these are my opinions with equipment I own and you may have experienced something different.

You also need a good ear seal with the foamy tips to get the best bass from the Andromeda’s.

I use HD600 for longer session critical listening, MDR-1A for comfort and general enjoyment of music and Andromeda when mobile or when not wanting to disturb anyone or for shorter critical listening sessions. Nothing beats the comfort of a good over ear HP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back