DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 4, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #7,816 of 13,478
Yes! yes!

DX220-EX and Amp8-EX2 with IER-Z1R

42CD4783-CD56-45BE-87DE-B69D489F17F0.jpeg

Sep 5, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #7,818 of 13,478
upload_2019-9-5_8-32-51.png

I read this from another thread. I'm mature enough not to reply, after all that is not the DX220 thread. But whoever recognizes this post, I;d like to be Accurate - the DX221 [amp1ii] or the DX229 [amp9], in its own words slain? NO, NO the DX220 IS Not slain by that expensive brand. NO! If i post the SS during the Meetup last 01-02 August 2019, all will recognize, then I would be thread flame baiting. Someone before us already made comparisons, Ibasso simply sounded more. According to my ears, a bigger soundstage, more reference i.e. not bright, not bassy, even on tubes! & that 3d sonic effect! Not exaggerated! DX220 has the right to call itself Reference.
Just pm me if anyone interested. This is the time I moved on. I got what I need to hear. Ibasso delivered, I'm no longer listening to a DAP, I'm listening to a performance.
Cheers everyone...

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #7,820 of 13,478

I read this from another thread. I'm mature enough not to reply, after all that is not the DX220 thread. But whoever recognizes this post, I;d like to be Accurate - the DX221 [amp1ii] or the DX229 [amp9], in its own words slain? NO, NO the DX220 IS Not slain by that expensive brand. NO! If i post the SS during the Meetup last 01-02 August 2019, all will recognize, then I would be thread flame baiting. Someone before us already made comparisons, Ibasso simply sounded more. According to my ears, a bigger soundstage, more reference i.e. not bright, not bassy, even on tubes! & that 3d sonic effect! Not exaggerated! DX220 has the right to call itself Reference.
Just pm me if anyone interested. This is the time I moved on. I got what I need to hear. Ibasso delivered, I'm no longer listening to a DAP, I'm listening to a performance.
Cheers everyone...
What is sad is that some will mislead and sometimes just plain lie. It really gets old.

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:33 AM Post #7,822 of 13,478
Sep 5, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #7,823 of 13,478
Cheers everyone...

Bravo! Short and well written. iBasso only needs some software polishing, mainly in user interface, not features; that's also important, sound quality wise its fantastic as it is, IMHO

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #7,824 of 13,478

Cheers everyone...
What is sad is that some will mislead and sometimes just plain lie. It really gets old.

Sometimes people would just plainly judge a devices based on Price! And Brand! So, Ibasso would be falling in the Mid-tier DAP when they judged it that way where as expensive brand are high-end Ofcourse

When I judge something, it is with my ears only and that also means if I never heard it, I wouldn’t mentioned about it. I don’t get raining money into my pockets, so....I don’t have enough resources to buy every DAP and Brand possible. But when I have the chance to listen to those that is interested enough to pull my attentions, I would always do so. I also speak in comparison with references, and not just plain useless claims. The forum get worse nowadays, where plain baseless claims and lies are everywhere. People used to get banned for that. But not anymore

Sep 5, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #7,826 of 13,478
Sometimes people would just plainly judge a devices based on Price! And Brand! So, Ibasso would be falling in the Mid-tier DAP when they judged it that way where as expensive brand are high-end Ofcourse

When I judge something, it is with my ears only and that also means if I never heard it, I wouldn’t mentioned about it. I don’t get raining money into my pockets, so....I don’t have enough resources to buy every DAP and Brand possible. But when I have the chance to listen to those that is interested enough to pull my attentions, I would always do so. I also speak in comparison with references, and not just plain useless claims. The forum get worse nowadays, where plain baseless claims and lies are everywhere. People used to get banned for that. But not anymore
Here in China there are companies that pay people to tear down other brands. Many people know this and don't pay attention but it is a horrible practice. I know of a couple of companies that do this and have no respect for them but there isn't much that can be done. That is what moderators are for but many do nothing. Hopefully people will judge for themselves and get what they enjoy. It really is about the music.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 5, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #7,827 of 13,478
Here in China there are companies that pay people to tear down other brands. Many people know this and don't pay attention but it is a horrible practice. I know of a couple of companies that do this and have no respect for them but there isn't much that can be done. That is what moderators are for but many do nothing. Hopefully people will judge for themselves and get what they enjoy. It really is about the music.

Yeah Paul that goes on here in America as well..and definitely happens here on head-fi. I personally find this really offensive as they’re just there to lie about a product.

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #7,829 of 13,478
Yeah Paul that goes on here in America as well..and definitely happens here on head-fi. I personally find this really offensive as they’re just there to lie about a product.
Or trolling LOL! Nowadays, only “long-term posters” on this forum is “post worthy”.

Sep 5, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #7,830 of 13,478

Users who are viewing this thread

Back