DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 21, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #10,096 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso , I stated my concern the other day which was not an issue observed on the FW, but other way around.
It is the known bug that it skips a beat at start, and was not included in a list of bug rectification of the new FW.
So was this issue put aside at all or reported to the software team anyway?

The tracks play from the start of the songs with the latest firmware.
My unit installed the latest firmware as fast, if not quicker, than the previous firmwares - I've only ever loaded the iBasso firmwares, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #10,097 of 22,021

Amp 5!

Anyone compared 4 with 5?

Thanks
Nice one!! U skipped the AMP4? Curious no how the AMP5 goes. Not sure about the details but both AMP4 and AMP5 are high current high voltage but AMP4 is 4.4mm balanced whist AMP5 is 3.5mm SE? All I've seen is just the iBasso Facebook Oct 26th & 29th posts.

I'm bringing my DX200/AMP3 with my Tralucent Uber cable & FitEar Titans to Singapore and Malaysia for a little R&R :D

Nov 21, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #10,101 of 22,021
69CDCE76-9F3E-4CAB-A2F2-EA3771967CE2.jpeg

7A31A993-7266-446E-9C75-0B07FB0B3A5E.png

8B77A8C8-6EF7-4A61-A910-5DE2F1622C73.jpeg

“The balanced High voltage/high amperage AMP3 for the DX200 now available!
Average Play Time: 7.5 hours.
The play time varies with different sample rate/bit rates, and headphone/IEM loads.

Features:
1. +/-8V voltage swing, equal to 32V voltage swing when compared to single ended. This significantly improves the dynamics and headroom.

2. Patented balanced amplification circuit, that retains all the benefits of a balanced design, such as higher output voltage and lower crosstalk. At the same time, our Patented design has even harmonics that keeps the sound full and musical. *

3. Topology utilizing voltage feedback and current feedback, utilizing the benefits of both types of feedback.

4. OPAMP+BUF architecture, optimized for both high voltage demand and high output current demand monitors.

* With the traditional balanced amplification circuit design, there is a positive signal and a negative signal. They together reduce the harmonics, including both of the odd harmonics and even harmonics. On this amplification design, even though sound is more powerful, the sound is often flat and less musical, as even harmonics are reduced. On the iBasso balanced amplification design, we successfully reduce the odd harmonic, while retaining the even harmonics, thus keeping the sound full and as musical as single ended but with the added benefits of a balanced signal.“

6B975DED-F880-4465-B4F7-346669F5070F.png

“The AMP4 balanced with a 4.4mm TRRRS socket. High voltage and high current with and extremely low output impedance at approximately .3 ohms. Full bodied with a frequency response from 10Hz to 45KHz -0.5dB. “

493F297F-F541-4E0A-961A-38B7BCA9E54A.jpeg

“AMP5 coming your way soon. High current and voltage with excellent frequency extension. A sweet top end with dynamics and headroom for most any headphone or IEM. Single ended in 3.5 TRS.”

0E642AAF-9040-4544-B7A0-B8B007076B89.jpeg

Edit: added more information from iBasso on Facebook(Quotes).

I am also interested in the differences between the amps.

What is the difference of the internals?

Their intended functions, If any.
(Aside from the jacks differences)

I have a couple of the amps and am still listening and comparing.

1. Seems to be a reference type sound.

2. Adds a bit more sub bass/ bass rumble.Fuller sound. SE.

3. Is a balanced version of number two.

4. I dont have.

5. I will listen to tomorrow.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #10,102 of 22,021
we really need a iBasso DX200 FAQs post.

How to update?
What is Lurkers custom firmware?
Why is my DX200 buzzing with Amp3?

Etc etc

To answer your question, Amp3 requires you to update to the latest Firmware (well recent three uodates ago- but the latest is very good)....or else you get the static.

So update Firmware and enjoy
Yes it is about amp2 and it is updated to the newest firmware. It is not buzzing, it is just noise coming out phone output when plug in amp and speakers

Nov 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #10,103 of 22,021

“The balanced High voltage/high amperage AMP3 for the DX200 now available!
Average Play Time: 7.5 hours.
The play time varies with different sample rate/bit rates, and headphone/IEM loads.

Features:
1. +/-8V voltage swing, equal to 32V voltage swing when compared to single ended. This significantly improves the dynamics and headroom.

2. Patented balanced amplification circuit, that retains all the benefits of a balanced design, such as higher output voltage and lower crosstalk. At the same time, our Patented design has even harmonics that keeps the sound full and musical. *

3. Topology utilizing voltage feedback and current feedback, utilizing the benefits of both types of feedback.

4. OPAMP+BUF architecture, optimized for both high voltage demand and high output current demand monitors.

* With the traditional balanced amplification circuit design, there is a positive signal and a negative signal. They together reduce the harmonics, including both of the odd harmonics and even harmonics. On this amplification design, even though sound is more powerful, the sound is often flat and less musical, as even harmonics are reduced. On the iBasso balanced amplification design, we successfully reduce the odd harmonic, while retaining the even harmonics, thus keeping the sound full and as musical as single ended but with the added benefits of a balanced signal.“

“The AMP4 balanced with a 4.4mm TRRRS socket. High voltage and high current with and extremely low output impedance at approximately .3 ohms. Full bodied with a frequency response from 10Hz to 45KHz -0.5dB. “

“AMP5 coming your way soon. High current and voltage with excellent frequency extension. A sweet top end with dynamics and headroom for most any headphone or IEM. Single ended in 3.5 TRS.”

Edit: added more information from iBasso on Facebook(Quotes).

I am also interested in the differences between the amps.

What is the difference of the internals?

Their intended functions, If any.
(Aside from the jacks differences)

I have a couple of the amps and am still listening and comparing.

1. Seems to be a reference type sound.

2. Adds a bit more sub bass/ bass rumble.Fuller sound. SE.

3. Is a balanced version of number two.

4. I dont have.

5. I will listen to tomorrow.
Thanks, I know about the differences in design, I have the APM2 and AMP3, I was wondering about manufacturers, ie; TI, Muse..?

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #10,105 of 22,021
Hello, I am on FW 2.5.141, do I need to install both following updates or can I just go straight to the last one?
Thanks!
You can go from any FW to the latest or to any other FW. No need to go in steps. :^)

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #10,106 of 22,021
@Paul - iBasso , I stated my concern the other day which was not an issue observed on the FW, but other way around.
It is the known bug that it skips a beat at start, and was not included in a list of bug rectification of the new FW.
So was this issue put aside at all or reported to the software team anyway?
I reported this a while back. It seems to be format dependent but I am not sure of the issue at this time because most do not experience this. We are working on it though.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 21, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #10,107 of 22,021
Hi guys. I have a quick qestion. Just add AMP2 to ibasso dx200 and wen pluging it to my amp wia phone out there is a wired noise, it is fine via line out. When using AMP1 both ends( phone and line out) has same, normal sound. Is that normal? Thank you
Have you taken the AMP2 off and put it back on? When you try to use it you get static and no music?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 21, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #10,109 of 22,021
I will add remove the Amp and put it back in - in my FAQs

...Next to did you try turning it off and on again?

Happy to hear your problem got fixed easily and without any undue hassle

Nov 21, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #10,110 of 22,021
The tracks play from the start of the songs with the latest firmware.
My unit installed the latest firmware as fast, if not quicker, than the previous firmwares - I've only ever loaded the iBasso firmwares, I don't know if that makes a difference.
Mine is only loaded with iBasso firmware and the newest FW was installed. The issue recur in an unpredictable manner.
Difficult to know exactly in which settings, format, and situation it recurs....Hope they can fix it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back