DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 22, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #10,126 of 22,021
Well, I wanted to let people know since there’s no dealers in Canada. I had a choice of BH photo or direct from iBasso

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #10,128 of 22,021
Well B&H are from NYC and they're incredibly reputable also.

Nov 22, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #10,130 of 22,021
Not everyone has an iBasso dealer in their country, so shipping will always be part of the buying process.
I am sorry for the delay. I understand that with all the recent sales and time of year that there have been longer than expected shipping times.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 22, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #10,131 of 22,021
When I ordered my IT03s direct from Ibasso, I had a bit of a long wait so sent one or two emails to ask about the delay. No reply, so my wife decided to complain to Ibasso, we then got a reply from Ibasso telling us about the typhoon that was passing by Hongkong at the time !!!! Oops, sorry Ibasso. Next time I’ll check the weather. Since then, I’ve had a couple of orders from Ibasso, no typhoon, no problem and @Paul - iBasso has been fantastic :smile_phones:

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #10,132 of 22,021
I cannot recommend purchasing the DX200 directly from iBasso. The issue is not with iBasso itself and Paul was a pleasure to deal with, but DHL Express is just atrocious. The delivery guarantee date to Canada is tomorrow but it is still currently stuck in Hong Kong. Apparently they have money back guarantee if they fail to meet the delivery date, but I don’t even know where to file the complaint

Interesting. So far I've had zero problems with shipping times via DHL. Their Customs brokerage fees are questionable but the delivery reliability has been top notch to western Canada. I would choose DHL over UPS and FedEx any time if given the opportunity and regular post isn't an option. I bet with the Black Friday sales and US Thanksgiving week the package deliveries are taking a bit of a hit.

Nov 22, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #10,133 of 22,021
Issue report: rescanning library is very very slow with latest FW. What took about 2 minutes before now takes about 15 minutes.

Nov 22, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #10,134 of 22,021
For me full rescan didn't change and still works fast.
I have different annoying problem still with the latest FW - every song's first 2 seconds are silent on a flac file which includes several songs mapped by corresponding cue file.
Can I do something to get it fixed faster? What it be useful for @Paul - iBasso if I provide some examples?

Nov 22, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #10,135 of 22,021
Just received the dx200. Does anybody experience loud pops when changing tracks in Tidal and a general bad sound quality? Also, seems like Apple Music is not working, it gets stuck with a white screen may be that Apple music requires google play store but not sure..

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #10,137 of 22,021
Hi guys, I downloaded the new firmware off the iBasso DX200 website, but it's not letting me drag and drop the file into my DX200. What's a noobie got to do? Thanks!
Put the extracted zip file from the original downloaded zip file directly on a card. In the folder you open from the original downloaded zip are the instructions.

Nov 22, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #10,139 of 22,021
Just received the dx200. Does anybody experience loud pops when changing tracks in Tidal and a general bad sound quality? Also, seems like Apple Music is not working, it gets stuck with a white screen may be that Apple music requires google play store but not sure..

I get the loud pops occasionally too, but I don’t have an issue with the sound quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Back