DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 16, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #21,647 of 22,021
I updated the player to the latest software version and my DX200 turned into a stove. After half an hour of listening, I had to turn it off because it is so hot that I'm afraid that something will break.
Did you try a factory reset? Odd that it is doing that.

Nov 16, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #21,648 of 22,021
I updated the player to the latest software version and my DX200 turned into a stove. After half an hour of listening, I had to turn it off because it is so hot that I'm afraid that something will break.
Update this FW is a little buggy, as I already installed Lurker0 from previous FW, but factory reset solved the problem. Works smoothly now

Nov 16, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #21,650 of 22,021
i did and after that it is even worse in both mode, android and mango.
I would try the prior fw then. Or, use the Android Tool for 8.1 like the beta version of 8.1 on the ibasso download site and update again to the latest firmware.

Nov 16, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #21,651 of 22,021
I also find a similar issue in v1.09 with the heat and the battery drain much faster.
I also hear a hissing sound in the left channel for 1-2 minutes then it went away.
I want to reverse to the previous version v1.07 by putting the v1.07 zip file into the sd card method and using the updater.
the system returned the following message: " cannot install this package over newer build". Installation aborted

So how can I reverse to an older version?
Any help is appreciated

Nov 16, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #21,652 of 22,021
Further update
Previously, i only heard the hiss in the left channel for one to two minutes then it die dowm.
Now the hiss persists in the left channel.
I did a several factory reset and it is the same.
I even switch the amp to amp 4 but the left channel still hears the hiss.
I think it is a mother board problem noow

Any help is appreciated

Nov 17, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #21,653 of 22,021
Further update
Previously, i only heard the hiss in the left channel for one to two minutes then it die dowm.

Any help is appreciated
I am sorry this is happening. You can go to our site and reinstall the Beta of 8.1 using the Android Tool that is down the Download page a number of lines. This has to be done on a PC and the instructions are in the download. You also have to install the USB/DAC driver. You can then update with the SD card to the previous firmware.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 17, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #21,654 of 22,021
Further update

Any help is appreciated
Almost same issue here, thought it was my amp8 broken until i test with amp3.
But it happen only under Mangos, no hiss on left channel under Android.

Nov 17, 2019 at 4:01 AM Post #21,655 of 22,021
Newest update
I only tested it in Mango mode but not in Android.
The hiss in the left channel persisted even I stopped the playback. It only disappeared after I switch off DX200.

I followed Paul's advice to switch back to version Beta of 8.1 using the Android Tool then update it to version v1.07.
The hiss disappeared.:smile_phones:

Now I can listen to my music again. hope no permanent damage was done.
in my opinion, the latest firmeware version v1.09 might have put up a higher voltage/current to the DX200 system. Due to some subtle difference in the circuit components, some might have overload and hear the hiss and some not.
I forgot to say that my amp is Amp 1 (MOD) made by ibasso in late 2018 before the DX220. I also have a original Amp 4 bought secondhand. I am looking forward to the Amp 8-Ex Fan edition from Ibasso. Hope it arrive before Christmas.

Happy listening:dt880smile::ksc75smile::o2smile:

Nov 17, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #21,658 of 22,021
1Tb MicroSD is 299 on Prime ! I just grabbed mine! WooooHhhhh
Please stop posting this nonsense! Damn, now I spent another 300 dollars. Damn.

Nov 17, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #21,659 of 22,021
I bought one a couple weeks ago for $329. It's in my DX220. I found it easy to end up with corrupt files and had to reload it with my 775G library. After screwing up the scan process did a reset on the dap and started over. One must learn to keep hands off until process is done! First scan in android, then Mango. All good now. until the ever growing library outgrows the chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back