DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 5, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #21,211 of 22,021
The optical output is at the top of the player, combined with the spdif output. Not from the line-out.
I tried that with this white optical cable that I thought was the one supplied with the Hugo. It had an 3.5 adaptor that I connected on the end into the DX200. Then I went into my box of cables and pulled out another optical cable that was black with a 3.5 connector at one end. This time it worked. Thanks!

With my D9200, in the short listen, I think I like it straight out of AMP7 instead of the Hugo. With the Hugo I thought some of the high was tamed, which some of you might like with the D9200 but I didn't like it. And I thought the bass was less defined. I think the AMP7 is pretty good for a SE amp.

May 5, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #21,212 of 22,021
Does anyone (or @Paul - iBasso I suppose specifically) have any new information on the possible NuTube AMP9?

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-5_12-58-57.png
    upload_2019-5-5_12-58-57.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 0
May 5, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #21,213 of 22,021
Does anyone (or @Paul - iBasso I suppose specifically) have any new information on the possible NuTube AMP9?

He told me recently that it was coming along well and would be hopefully be released soon.
To be honest, I think that's the most anyone is going to get in terms of a statement.

He's stated before several times that they made release date predictions in the past, only for unexpected circumstances to delay things (with the predictable loss of face and public grumbling). So now they will only ever say something is on its way soon.

Look back at numerous other iBasso product releases on here and you'll see the same pattern repeated.
The good news is that in most cases, 'soon' generally seems to result in something coming from one to a few months later.
They're not in the habit of promising vapourware, which is comforting to know :)

I too am eagerly awaiting this one :)

May 7, 2019 at 3:35 AM Post #21,214 of 22,021
After updating to 8.1 and Lurkers mod for Play Store I lost my license on UAPP, even if previously I had it installed. Do someone know why and is there anything I can do about it? My other licenses are fine.

edit. OK it just clicked and I can install it again. Don't bother and have a nice day!

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #21,215 of 22,021
There is no way to Demo this. This is a Modified DX200 and Amp8 with the EX method that I named it. Everything is posted in that link above. This is extreme works, and I was not going to post it to the public but would be opened to PM. I was very worried about the works that needed to perform in order to apply the EX modifications, and the great risk related to it. However, @edwardsean was awesomely persistent , and that he did not give up even when damaging his own Amp8, instead, he found 1-2 great technicians here in Chicago of the U.S, who can perform the EX package with some affordable fees as he disclosed. This helps many other people to have a chance to get this EX upgrades done. Therefore, I posted everything that needed to get the project going to the public.

In any case that you are in other countries, you can present the article and the parts that you ordered, and ask the technician who you trusted to have been handling soldering and iron works in a good way to perform it for some fees.

Regarding of what you may end up doing, the risk of damaging the device, the main PCB or the Amp8 is very real. However, the greater the risk, the better the reward :)
So with all those accolades, is the DX208 better than the DX220?

May 8, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #21,216 of 22,021

Lol! I don’t want to lead people too far away from the thread and the dx220 itself. All I can tell you is that Stock Dx220 and Amp8-EX would blow minds. You can ask @edwardsean for a confirmation. There are not many people who have succeeded the EX modifications. There is no need to talk about it here

There is APK Pure already installed on your Dx220, click on it, search QoBuz and download it, log in, and enjoy

May 10, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #21,221 of 22,021
I have decided to upgrade my DX90 to the DX200. This will enable me to leave the HUgo 2 at home rather than lugging it with me all the time.

Thought about the Dx150 but ultimately I like the idea of the DAP with the better DAC chips and if necessary can tone down detail with one of the warmer amp modules or by dusting off my PB2.

I will look for a second hand DX200.

Comments welcomed.

I would be predominantly using the DX200 with SE846s.

Two questions :

1. In order of likelyhood which of the following AMPS 1,5 or 7 could hiss with the SE846s
2. Is the DX200 a “hissy” beast in any case.

Thanks for your help.

May 10, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #21,222 of 22,021
I have decided to upgrade my DX90 to the DX200. This will enable me to leave the HUgo 2 at home rather than lugging it with me all the time.

Thought about the Dx150 but ultimately I like the idea of the DAP with the better DAC chips and if necessary can tone down detail with one of the warmer amp modules or by dusting off my PB2.

Comments welcomed.

Two questions :

1. In order of likelyhood which of the following AMPS 1,5 or 7 could hiss with the SE846s

Thanks for your help.

I use the DX200 with Shure 846.
Also came from a DX90. It was quite a jump forward in sound quality.

You should be able to do a good deal on a second hand DX200. You won't regret this.

Amp 8 is my favorite amp. For cable I have Ibasso CB12s balanced 4,4 mm
No hissy beast at all
Recently put a new battery in the DX200 and still very happy with my portable setup. No upgradeitis here

May 10, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #21,223 of 22,021

Comments welcomed.

Two questions :

Thanks for your help.

DX200 is not a hissy beast.

*Amps with less output power would be best for the sensitive iems as they dont need much to drive them.
Amp 7 is quite enjoyable. And amp 8. And the stock amp for DX220...

However some sensitive earphones/iems can be hissy. Shure has long been the cause of many ‘my daps hissy!’ “What earphones are you using?” ‘Shure’ “sure...:)
(Some daps and amps are hissy though, i know, i have a couple)

CA Andromeda and a few others are also sensitive. I have not encountered any problems.

I do recommend you look at the DX220 that has just been released.

DX200 has two gain settings, DX220 has three. The third gain on DX220 is best for such sensitive earphones.

If you can save a few more pennies, I would say go for the latest and greatest with no regrets.

06169148-C605-4759-9D42-3C32B48A5C88.png

Table (not made by me) to show the output power of each module

By head fier @Shro Dinger

May 11, 2019 at 5:50 AM Post #21,224 of 22,021
DX200 is not a hissy beast.

*Amps with less output power would be best for the sensitive iems as they dont need much to drive them.
Amp 7 is quite enjoyable. And amp 8. And the stock amp for DX220...

However some sensitive earphones/iems can be hissy. Shure has long been the cause of many ‘my daps hissy!’ “What earphones are you using?” ‘Shure’ “sure...:)
(Some daps and amps are hissy though, i know, i have a couple)

CA Andromeda and a few others are also sensitive. I have not encountered any problems.

I do recommend you look at the DX220 that has just been released.

DX200 has two gain settings, DX220 has three. The third gain on DX220 is best for such sensitive earphones.

If you can save a few more pennies, I would say go for the latest and greatest with no regrets.

Table (not made by me) to show the output power of each module

By head fier @Shro Dinger

Thanks - appreciate the advice. In fact your overview of the specs on Headpie of all the Amps helped me make my choice as to which additional Amps to consider when buying.

I was looking for a fun machine to upgrade from my DX90 and didn’t want to double my outlay buying a new DX220 when I can get (and have just bought) a second hand DX200 with Amp 1 and 7 for a little more than half the price of a new DX220 with Amp 7.

So looking forward to hearing it for the first time and then trying the various OS options as well as Lurker mods available.

May 11, 2019 at 10:33 PM Post #21,225 of 22,021
Thinking of changing the battery in my DX200 before selling it, as I have the new DX220. Anyone know what it uses, or do we have to buy it direct from iBasso?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back