DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 4, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #13,786 of 22,021
guys, if you really want a pigtail 2.5mm to 4.4.mm adapter with a nice transparent sound, I just tested fiio BL44 (Penon has it, under $20) and it's really good. Just another option to consider :wink: Pigtail adapters are more convenient than ultra-short ones since they don't stick out too much out of the DAP, though the BL44 has a straight and not the angled connector.

Jun 4, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #13,787 of 22,021
guys, if you really want a pigtail 2.5mm to 4.4.mm adapter with a nice transparent sound, I just tested fiio BL44 (Penon has it, under $20) and it's really good. Just another option to consider :wink: Pigtail adapters are more convenient than ultra-short ones since they don't stick out too much out of the DAP, though the BL44 has a straight and not the angled connector.
Bought one about a week ago and it keeps cutting out. Emailed Penon about it and they asked me to send a video of the problem!!
Sent the video, they then asked me if I’d pushed it in all the way(really) now I have to pay the return shipping. Not happy with Penon at the moment. As for the BL44, really nice, especially at that price. Even came with a spare length of cable.

Jun 4, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #13,788 of 22,021
Has anyone else noticed Neutron Player crashing in the background with the latest version? I'm using Lurker 2.9.209-L1 firmware. Usually happens when Neutron is paused with the screen turned off. After returning to the app, it crashes and a force quit/reopen is required.

Jun 4, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #13,789 of 22,021
Usually happens when Neutron is paused with the screen turned off. After returning to the app, it crashes and a force quit/reopen is required.
Such a (mis)behavior usually means that Neutron can't find its "license". If you have purchased it via Play Market, connect DX200 to Internet, launch Neutron and leave it running for 5-10 minutes. After each update, it is good to launch it the same way to be sure it has updated its license. But, with the latest update, it is required for sure due to some related changes,

Anyway, it is always recommended to contact the developer rather than other users in case of critical problems :wink:

Jun 4, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #13,790 of 22,021
Such a (mis)behavior usually means that Neutron can't find its "license". If you have purchased it via Play Market, connect DX200 to Internet, launch Neutron and leave it running for 5-10 minutes. After each update, it is good to launch it the same way to be sure it has updated its license. But, with the latest update, it is required for sure due to some related changes,

Anyway, it is always recommended to contact the developer rather than other users in case of critical problems :wink:
Thanks, that makes sense since I have WiFi off (my DX200 doesn’t connect unless it’s right next to the router).

Jun 4, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #13,791 of 22,021
Jun 4, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #13,792 of 22,021
Bought one about a week ago and it keeps cutting out. Emailed Penon about it and they asked me to send a video of the problem!!
Sent the video, they then asked me if I’d pushed it in all the way(really) now I have to pay the return shipping. Not happy with Penon at the moment. As for the BL44, really nice, especially at that price. Even came with a spare length of cable.

Does it happens with every IEM w/2.5mm cable, or just a specific one? Wonder if it's related to a particular cable plug or the 4.4mm connector of the adapter?

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #13,793 of 22,021
Does it happens with every IEM w/2.5mm cable, or just a specific one? Wonder if it's related to a particular cable plug or the 4.4mm connector of the adapter?
Happens with the Penon OS849 and the CB13 and it’s the 2.5mm end. I could understand it if it was only one particular cable, but two different brands of cable cutting out with the slightest touch or movement. These two cables work fine in the CA02 adapter, I also have a Fiio 2.5mm to 3.5mm single ended adapter and they work fine with this also. If this was Ibasso I was dealing with, it would be sorted by now.
Thanks for your help and interest, gonna post it tomorrow so won’t know the outcome for a while and won’t even know if I’ll get the postage money back.

Jun 4, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #13,795 of 22,021
Does anybody have a spare ca02 adapter they can part with? Trying out various connectors for best sound from amp4s?

I have Fiio BL44 and Effect Audio 4.4 petaconn adaptor using on AMP4s I hear not difference. I like to use bl44 more as it has more flexibility.

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #13,796 of 22,021
Jun 4, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #13,797 of 22,021
I have Fiio BL44 and Effect Audio 4.4 petaconn adaptor using on AMP4s I hear not difference. I like to use bl44 more as it has more flexibility.

Yeah, I feel the same way, these are very close in transparency (I hear with some adapters additional coloring, here it's very transparent). Another plus for BL44, if you want to have a pigtail adapter rather than ultra short one piece adapter like CA02, you don't need any spacers for AMP4/s - it goes in as is.

@KEV G , sorry to hear that man, about your adapter. I have dealt with Penon before when had to return something, they took care of the problem and sent a replacement promptly.

@rhester : if you were looking for CA02 alternative, something even cheaper than iBasso's own $15 adapter, I got another ultrashort adapter from Penon which is under $10 and it's very good (ok, I hate using the word "best", but I'm afraid it is), and in addition to being very transparent, it also widens the soundstage. Don't ask me how/why, I have no idea, but I went back and forth with a bunch of TOTL iems and still scratching my head. No issue being connected to AMP4/s either. Talking about this one.

Jun 4, 2018 at 10:18 PM Post #13,798 of 22,021
Jun 5, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #13,800 of 22,021

I've got same problem and just about post that haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back