DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 5, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #13,803 of 22,021
Mine has no problem connecting to internet. I sit outside on patio with it all the time streaming Tidal. I would suspect router.
It's actually been that way from the start so I think it's a hardware issue with my unit (I've tried in multiple locations and routers and it's the same issue each time where I have to place the unit right next to the router for a signal). I use my SD card for music though so I don't need internet often but it would be nice if there was someone local who could repair since I don't think I could go a day without the DX200!

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #13,804 of 22,021
Bought one about a week ago and it keeps cutting out. Emailed Penon about it and they asked me to send a video of the problem!!
Sent the video, they then asked me if I’d pushed it in all the way(really) now I have to pay the return shipping. Not happy with Penon at the moment. As for the BL44, really nice, especially at that price. Even came with a spare length of cable.

I got problem with Penon Audio too in the past when ordering amp5. So better I stay away from them.
Besides I will get the Triniton balanced adapter 4.4 mm Sony male to 2.5 mm female soon which will be a 4.4 straight one (not angle as pictured) and will let you know.

Jun 5, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #13,805 of 22,021
I got problem with Penon Audio too in the past when ordering amp5. So better I stay away from them.
Besides I will get the Triniton balanced adapter 4.4 mm Sony male to 2.5 mm female soon which will be a 4.4 straight one (not angle as pictured) and will let you know.
Posted it back today, no insurance, £2.50 from the UK to HK. Emailed them to ask if I should send it with insurance and they said not to bother, just send it like a letter lol.
Think I’m gonna have to learn how to solder and start terminating my own cables to 4.4
Save myself a lot of hassel.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the Triniton :smile_phones:

Jun 5, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #13,809 of 22,021
I have a DX200 arriving tomorrow, so of course I am already looking to upgrade it! ( I know folks on thread understand). My questions would be when and how to order the amp8 and if a 2.5 to a 4.4 might be included with the amp8?

Jun 5, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #13,810 of 22,021
Jun 6, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #13,811 of 22,021
Jun 6, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #13,812 of 22,021
I mean that this issue was supposed to be solved with the last version of Lurker’s firmware, but I don’t know why I was still having it with Tidal.

With this new version the crack and pop annoying noises have almost disappeared completely. I haven’t used it for a long time yet, but in certain circumstances I’ve been able to hear some of these noises, but not as loud and not as often than with the previous version.
Cracking sounds still plague Tidal experience (when starting/stoping playback) and it's a shame that iBasso hasn't "cracked" this annoying issue yet with subsequent software iterations.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #13,815 of 22,021
I got my DX 200 today. I have to say, that coming from Apple land, this android stuff is pretty tough to figure out. I do not even see how to load any of my streaming services, and it appears that I cannot update the software online. I do not even see and icon for the Google play store which apparently I must use to get any of the apps I would like. Any advice for an Apple guy like myself just to get started? I have most of my stored music on a Mac in iTunes. And I like to stream tidal and Pandora.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back