DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 6, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #13,816 of 22,021
I got my DX 200 today. I have to say, that coming from Apple land, this android stuff is pretty tough to figure out. I do not even see how to load any of my streaming services, and it appears that I cannot update the software online. I do not even see and icon for the Google play store which apparently I must use to get any of the apps I would like. Any advice for an Apple guy like myself just to get started? I have most of my stored music on a Mac in iTunes. And I like to stream title and Pandora.

Hi welcome to the DX200 gang!

Ok first off, in order to get the playstore on DX200 you will need to flash your DX200 to the latest lurkers firmware, once done the playstore will be there for you to install the apps you want.

The instructions to flash to the lurkers firmware can be found when u click on the link on lurkers signature.

It will be really simple and pain free of your using a MAC since you can just connect the DX200 to your MAC, enter some fix commands to the terminal and viola!!

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #13,817 of 22,021
I got my DX 200 today. I have to say, that coming from Apple land, this android stuff is pretty tough to figure out. I do not even see how to load any of my streaming services, and it appears that I cannot update the software online. I do not even see and icon for the Google play store which apparently I must use to get any of the apps I would like. Any advice for an Apple guy like myself just to get started? I have most of my stored music on a Mac in iTunes. And I like to stream tidal and Pandora.

https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-firmware/releases.

Jun 6, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #13,818 of 22,021
^
You need to spend more time reading this thread then.

If you want Play Store you'll need Lurker0 custom firmware. Just search on his handle and the links are in his sig which will also provide instruction for Apple OS. If you happen to have a Windows comp that would be what I recommend to use. As long as you follow instruction it's all relatively easy.

Good luck!

[edit]- I see others responded simultaneously. Good luck again! :)

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #13,820 of 22,021
The latest one. X.209-L1 or something.

Jun 6, 2018 at 9:26 PM Post #13,825 of 22,021
Jun 6, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #13,826 of 22,021
It is surprising to me that I have to download other programs to update the DX200. I didn't have to do this to update my Onkyo DP-X1, also an Android device. I am a little leery of this process. Is there an "all in one" solution for this? Like a place that updates the software without going through multiple hoops and using third party software?

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #13,827 of 22,021
It is surprising to me that I have to download other programs to update the DX200. I didn't have to do this to update my Onkyo DP-X1, also an Android device. I am a little leery of this process. Is there an "all in one" solution for this? Like a place that updates the software without going through multiple hoops and using third party software?

The rkflashtool is just a flashing tool. Your MAC do not have the capabilities to flash a new boot file or image file to the DX200 hence the purpose of the rkflashtool. Once you have that, future flashing only require you to input the same old commands.

I’m not sure how opus updates, but as for I know, lurkers firmware is basically the same firmware as the stock firmware with his own included extension and improvements to it overall. He is not able to make it a download to sd card and install to your DX200 type of thing as he probably do not have access to the source firmware of the DX200.

This is only the way if you want to have the playstore installed via the easiest method and to have some of lurkers best optimisation.

If you however is too lazy/leery to flash your DX200, you can always sideload pandora and whatnot to your DX200 by googling for their apk files and putting them into your DX200 and installing them.

Jun 6, 2018 at 10:12 PM Post #13,828 of 22,021

If you use iBasso’s official firmware you just download the file put the firmware image on your SD drive you can click about my DX200 in settings and do a software update.

I don’t know of a simple way to load third party firmware.

Jun 7, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #13,829 of 22,021
Because Lurker's firmware is not official iBasso firmware (although Paul does not have any issues with installing Lurker's and that's very nice of him).
Original firmware does not have Google Play store, you need to side load the apps using .apk files (you need to download the apk file).
If you want Play store and little improvements, you need to go through the instructions to install the Lurker firmware.
The choice is yours.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #13,830 of 22,021
Because Lurker's firmware is not official iBasso firmware (although Paul does not have any issues with installing Lurker's and that's very nice of him).
Original firmware does not have Google Play store, you need to side load the apps using .apk files (you need to download the apk file).
If you want Play store and little improvements, you need to go through the instructions to install the Lurker firmware.
The choice is yours.

Well, the official firmware can not have google play store, because it is not licensed and legalized. If it was, you would be buying Dx200 at 2X the price

Lurker firmware is good !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back