DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 14, 2017 at 5:35 AM Post #9,992 of 22,021
Nov 15, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #9,993 of 22,021
Any information on the upcoming AMP5? I tried to find something online but not really a lot of information available. I ordered a DX200 and I'm not sure if to buy an amp2 or wait for the amp5 for a warmer sounding amp (in SE).:)

Nov 15, 2017 at 7:53 AM Post #9,994 of 22,021
Tried the new update with amp 1, its better than the beta. Still a bit too much treble imho. But is quite expansive.

Trying with Amp3 tomorrow which i suspect will have a better synergy

Nov 15, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #9,995 of 22,021
Listening to the new firmware (thx @artpiggo for sharing), Amp3 with my FitEar Titans in Mango mode, no issues so far. Very nice sounding. Mango does seem more responsive.

Nov 15, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #9,996 of 22,021
A few hours ago I've started publishing firmware 2.7.180L0. The version for Windows/Factory tool is already there, and already has been downloaded by some early birds :) So, I decided to let you know that you, who is waiting for an update, may start downloading, and rkflashtool/Mac version will be there in a few hours.

I've managed to overcome the main problem of the official build, preserving full functionality for both Mango and Neutron, meaning, there is no a known reason to wait for another update anymore.

Even if you don't need the core USB Audio functionality, I suggest you to launch it and explore its System settings, that work system wide! With them, DX200 under Android is now best of the two worlds: you can install additional software, but then you can disable Google stuff, to make your DX200 run only the applications you started yourself, with almost zero background hidden activity, like any other dedicated DAP!

If you experienced a problem that you have to get DX200 out of your pocket and turn the screen on to resume playback after a short pause, then try to just push the pause button - it may start working! The music detector keeps Android from deep sleep 5 more minutes after music has been stopped, and you can change this timeout in USB Audio Settings - from now on it is system wide parameter as well.

And don't forget to thank iBasso for their hard work and that massive list of changes in Mango player, both in dedicated and Android modes!

Nov 15, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #9,998 of 22,021
A few hours ago I've started publishing firmware 2.7.180L0. The version for Windows/Factory tool is already there, and already has been downloaded by some early birds :) So, I decided to let you know that you, who is waiting for an update, may start downloading, and rkflashtool/Mac version will be there in a few hours.

I've managed to overcome the main problem of the official build, preserving full functionality for both Mango and Neutron, meaning, there is no a known reason to wait for another update anymore.

Even if you don't need the core USB Audio functionality, I suggest you to launch it and explore its System settings, that work system wide! With them, DX200 under Android is now best of the two worlds: you can install additional software, but then you can disable Google stuff, to make your DX200 run only the applications you started yourself, with almost zero background hidden activity, like any other dedicated DAP!

If you experienced a problem that you have to get DX200 out of your pocket and turn the screen on to resume playback after a short pause, then try to just push the pause button - it may start working! The music detector keeps Android from deep sleep 5 more minutes after music has been stopped, and you can change this timeout in USB Audio Settings - from now on it is system wide parameter as well.

And don't forget to thank iBasso for their hard work and that massive list of changes in Mango player, both in dedicated and Android modes!
I tried flashing it few times but it still hangs at the boot screen. When I flash the old L1 back it boots ok....

Nov 15, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #9,999 of 22,021
Yes I am frustuated when it hang on boot screen....Thank I have 2.5.141 back up so it now still works..

Nov 15, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #10,002 of 22,021
No it hangs. Normally booting will have dots "o o o o o" loading, right?

But it hangs by having only 2 dots "o o"and no moving forever. It doesn't mean it takes time to loading, it has no loading, it freezes.

Nov 15, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #10,003 of 22,021
No it hangs. Normally booting will have dots "o o o o o" loading, right?

But it hangs by having only 2 dots "o o"and no moving forever. It doesn't mean it takes time to loading, it has no loading, it freezes.
Thank you for details! I've revoked it to investigate. The strange thing is that I just had downgraded to 2.5.141L0, then flashed this 2.7.180L0, and the first boot took 6.5 minutes: 2.5 minutes with black screen with dots, then "Android is updating..." and so on. It took long, but no problems. For now I don't understand how my DX200 is that different :frowning2:

Sorry!

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #10,004 of 22,021
8E5D686A-7045-48AA-9614-3626A17C56E7.jpeg I am enjoying the new firmware with Amp 3. It seems a good match

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back