DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #6,781 of 22,021
I would assume with your vast experience that you did a factory reset but I wonder why you are having issues. I have been using the new FW since it came out and haven't experienced any problems. A big positive is I find the sound is extremely good.

Me too.
I wouldn't want to go back to the earlier version,
I have not had a single problem with the new firmware and I like the new sound signature so much better

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #6,782 of 22,021
I would assume with your vast experience that you did a factory reset but I wonder why you are having issues. I have been using the new FW since it came out and haven't experienced any problems. A big positive is I find the sound is extremely good.

Yes, I did a factory reset after flashing. I always do that. At least my hard button resume play is working now when the screen is off. Also, no freezes since reflashing to previous firmware version.

Maybe I will re-download the latest and try again and see what happens.

UPDATE: I reflashed again with a new download and so far everything is working properly. Perhaps my 1st download was corrupt. Tidal is working just fine.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #6,786 of 22,021
Well that's awesome. I'll download the app today and test it out. Is there any specific way I need to set it up to get the MQA files?
Nothing specific for MQA, just make sure that once you are in the Tidal music library and have logged on (select from the dropdown menu at top), set your streaming settings to lossless (I'm assuming you have a Tidal HiFi subscription).

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #6,787 of 22,021
Nothing specific for MQA, just make sure that once you are in the Tidal music library and have logged on (select from the dropdown menu at top), set your streaming settings to lossless (I'm assuming you have a Tidal HiFi subscription).

Yes I have a subscription.

This may sound stupid to ask, but I'm selecting TIDAL in the UAPP interface downloaded and played directly through my DX200? No laptop needed?

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #6,788 of 22,021
Yes I have a subscription.

This may sound stupid to ask, but I'm selecting TIDAL in the UAPP interface downloaded and played directly through my DX200? No laptop needed?
No laptop needed.

Unless you are using Lurker's rom, make sure you have thr Play Through Android setting selected in UAPP, and deselect Use USB DAC. If you do have Lurker's rom then follow his instructions.

Jun 27, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #6,789 of 22,021
No laptop needed.

Unless you are using Lurker's rom, make sure you have thr Play Through Android setting selected in UAPP, and deselect Use USB DAC. If you do have Lurker's rom then follow his instructions.

I just happen to have Lurkers rom...

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #6,792 of 22,021
The more I listen to the new firmware the more I like its sound. In my opinion it is an improvement with respect to older versions. This is the first time I am really caught by the sound of the DX200.

When you say "new firmware" are you referring to iBasso f/w or Lurker's custom rom f/w? Just curious since I just took receipt of my new DX200 and just about to embark on the journey of setup.

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #6,793 of 22,021
Great, I think he has instructions on how to set up UAPP to play bit perfect on his download page.

Alright so I have the Lurker USB matched to UAPP.... how do I know it's accessing Tidal MQA files? Do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #6,795 of 22,021
Just add an MQA album to favourites on your desktop and then find it through an UAPP's Tidal section. You'll see 24 bits info while playing this particular album.

Did that. . . I saw the 24 bits under the play button. However when the music was playing there was a lot of white noise behind it...so the song had background noise and wasn't clear at all. Is that normal? Clearly not, but can't figure out why it is doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back