DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #6,811 of 22,021
Hi All

I've got an iBasso DX200/AMP2 and Shure SE846 setup and am looking to upgrade my IEM's. I would like a good amount of accurate bass with lots of fatigue-free detail.

My budget is about £1000. As I can't listen to anything due to living in Jersey, Channel Islands, I have to rely on people's opinions and reviews. What should I be shortlisting? The Campfire Audio Vega looks to fit the bill?

Thanks in advance.

Darren
You might want to try our IT03 or wait for impressions of our upcoming IT04.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #6,812 of 22,021
I had the IT03 and sold it today on eBay, at a huge loss, after only one day's use. I couldn't get decent bass with any of the included tips. I hope the IT04 doesn't have that lug on it, as it's the only IEM I have used that had it, and the only IEM that I couldn't get a decent seal.

The medium tips included with my Shure SE846 fits perfectly every time. The IT03's made my ears sore with all the messing around trying to get a seal.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #6,813 of 22,021
I had the IT03 and sold the today, at a huge loss, after only one day's use. I couldn't get decent bass with any of the included tips. I hope the IT04 doesn't have that lug on it, as it's the only IEM I have used that had it, and the only IEM that I couldn't get a decent seal.

The medium tips included with my Shure SE846 fits perfectly every time. The IT03's made my ears sore with all the messing around trying to get a seal.
I am sorry about that. Normally one of the tips work well.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 28, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #6,814 of 22,021
I had the IT03 and sold the today, at a huge loss, after only one day's use. I couldn't get decent bass with any of the included tips. I hope the IT04 doesn't have that lug on it, as it's the only IEM I have used that had it, and the only IEM that I couldn't get a decent seal.

bi-flange tips worked great for me and provide great bass. i also couldn't find an included tip that was to my liking, but with bi-flange, absolutely perfect fit and seal.

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #6,815 of 22,021
Hi All

I've got an iBasso DX200/AMP2 and Shure SE846 setup and am looking to upgrade my IEM's. I would like a good amount of accurate bass with lots of fatigue-free detail.

My budget is about £1000. As I can't listen to anything due to living in Jersey, Channel Islands, I have to rely on people's opinions and reviews. What should I be shortlisting? The Campfire Audio Vega looks to fit the bill?

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Campfire Andromeda or Vega

Jun 28, 2017 at 3:12 PM Post #6,816 of 22,021
I had the IT03 and sold it today on eBay, at a huge loss, after only one day's use. I couldn't get decent bass with any of the included tips. I hope the IT04 doesn't have that lug on it, as it's the only IEM I have used that had it, and the only IEM that I couldn't get a decent seal.

Campfire Andromeda or Vega

I'd say the Vega between those two - def wouldn't classify the Andromeda as bassy.

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #6,817 of 22,021
Andromeda or Vega
Andro - more detail and highs
Vega - more bass, fun and relax

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #6,818 of 22,021
Hi All

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Maybe try the FLC8S and save yourself a lot of cash

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #6,819 of 22,021

I would have just bought some different tips as they aren't expensive and easy to do.

Jun 28, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #6,821 of 22,021
Jun 28, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #6,822 of 22,021
Jun 28, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #6,823 of 22,021
Hi All

Thanks in advance.

Darren
Beyerdynamic Xelento sound really good with dx200.

Jun 28, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #6,824 of 22,021
I tried some spinfits, didn't work either.

Spinfits are hit'n'miss for different people. They are dependent on anatomy of your earcanal...

I think you really jumped the gun on IT03. I mean, it's too late to talk now, but you should have posted with your concerns to get some feedback. For example, I have been using these eartips from Penon with a high success, only $3.99 shipped: http://penonaudio.com/3-Pairs-In-ear-Silicone-Eartips

Bass is all about the seal, and sometimes you might not even get a good enough seal with the largest tip if the silicone cap part is too soft. For example, those tips from Penon have a thicker stem and firmer cap. If that doesn't work, try foam eartips, they will give you the best seal, and usually foamies enhance the low end and tame down the upper end.

Jun 28, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #6,825 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back