DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 27, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #6,766 of 22,021
Take no offense but DX200 deserve way better than QC25.

I owned QC25, they are really nice for noise cancelling, they surprisingly need some power to give their best but they sound quite ... average.
DX200 can deliver much much more than that. Enjoy.
Haha. i know DX200 deserve way better than that. i am just surprise how the QC 25 sound so much better with the DX 200 without turning on the noise cancelling :D

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #6,767 of 22,021
I have updated to 2.3.125 and so it shows on Android (System), but when I go to Mango Player on Android the Fw version shown within the App is 2.2.110.
Just in case I have reinstalled the FW and is the same. I guess is a bug in the Mango Player but I would appreciate if you can check it in your DX200's

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #6,769 of 22,021
RE: Post #6765 ..
Sound is not an absolute to all ears. To some a given headphone may sound quite average and to others, quite good.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #6,770 of 22,021
I went back to
I have updated to 2.3.125 and so it shows on Android (System), but when I go to Mango Player on Android the Fw version shown within the App is 2.2.110.
Just in case I have reinstalled the FW and is the same. I guess is a bug in the Mango Player but I would appreciate if you can check it in your DX200's

I have experienced a number of functional issues with 2.3.125 including frequent freezes and play/pause button problems so I reverted back to 2.2.110 which eliminated these issues. Hopefully, next update will address these problems.

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #6,772 of 22,021
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #6,773 of 22,021
You should try it balanced - much better experience. They open up by a good margin, mids become much cleaner and prominent.
THanks for the suggestion. I don't have a balaced cable for them, but I am looking into it. I have a balanced cable for my JH Audio Rosies and Sony MDR-Z7's and they sound great. The balanced does offer a wider soundstage.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #6,774 of 22,021
My end-game* DX200 arrived yesterday!

The first good news is it was only a $16 CDN duties/customs charge via DHL which is okay for me. I was dreading a much higher surcharge. I won't bother with pics as there are plenty in this thread already. My first impressions are positive although I have not listened to anything through it yet or properly set it up for that matter. The box it came in, although proportionately obtuse, is of good quality and it will find a home on one of my shelves. The USB-C cable is really nice, nicer than the one that came with my Lumia 950XL Windows Phone. I used it to charge the DX200 straight away, connected to the USB charge port of my Surface Pro 4 power block. When the screen lit up when plugged in to charge, the time displayed pm but 90 minutes off and date of February 3 2017, not sure that's of any significance to manufacture/initial boot date.

The DX200 build quality is indeed impressive and until you actually see and hold it in person the pictures just do not do it justice. The volume knob turns okay so it doesn't seem to possess the "sticking" issue others had experienced in earlier batches. The screen is bright and crisp, looks much better than my XDP-100R. I may even throw a couple of concert films on it so I can enjoy both audio & visual when the mood arises.

There is a definite heftyness and weight to the DX200 which I like. I'm sure iBasso didn't load the inside with lead dummy weights just to give it that premium feel (y'know, like Beats do with their headphones) :wink:. I didn't bother navigating through the OS yet or go through settings. Will do all of that once the Samsung EVO 256GB MicroSD card I ordered arrives tomorrow. Also, I plan to load Lurker's Firmware onto it so I can use 3rd party apps. I still need to also get a balanced end cable for my FLC8S earphones to see what the difference will bring to my ears. So far I am not experiencing that "oh no, what did I just spend a lot of money on?" Tech Buyer's First Day Regrets feeling which is a good sign.

Can't wait to get things going and music loaded!

(*)-End-game for a couple of years at least (iBasso DX200 Amp add-ons notwithstanding). You know how it is with us head-fi'ers :)

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #6,776 of 22,021
I went back to

I have experienced a number of functional issues with 2.3.125 including frequent freezes and play/pause button problems so I reverted back to 2.2.110 which eliminated these issues. Hopefully, next update will address these problems.
I would assume with your vast experience that you did a factory reset but I wonder why you are having issues. I have been using the new FW since it came out and haven't experienced any problems. A big positive is I find the sound is extremely good.

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #6,777 of 22,021
I hope iBasso will fix scan crash in Mango Player on both OS...

Jun 27, 2017 at 11:27 AM Post #6,778 of 22,021
So I would be able to get Tidal MQA tracks by using any of the aforementioned apps? That sounds too good to be true. . . .:smirk:
Not sure about the Onkyo app, but yes for UAPP.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #6,780 of 22,021
Hi guys, just want to report some follow up,
sorry for not really being active in thread
some page ago i have reported some problems with the lurker firmware since 2.2 where there is an system ui error when the flash finished.
i got in touch with lurker sometimes after that , and found out the problem was in the strange format of the microsd and it has been fixed in the newest firmware

i have just flashed the 2.3.15L1 and now it running perfectly without any hiccups.
i just want to say kudos for all the work and support lurker has done for the firmware, really great job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back