DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 25, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #6,736 of 22,021
I have heard a few complains that firmware 2.3.125 for some users is not as stable as it was 2.2.110 (and I'm one of them!), and some people miss battery level percentage indicator in the status bar (and so do I!), so...

2.3.125-L1 is ready for download! The changes are:
  • As stable as 2.2.110. Please read explanation below.
  • Battery level percentage in status bar is back.
  • Volume level indicator is visible on lock screen.
  • Custom build of libtinyalsa.so, to workaround a bug Android that causes mediaserver crashes. It is not visible to users, but it happened often for those who listen DSD or PCM at 325.4k or 384k sample rates.
  • Solved the problem: for a very few users, builds starting from 2.2.110-L2 caused SystemUI crash at the Android boot. Thanks to andra555 who experienced this problem and helped me to investigate it!
  • USB Audio updated to 1.1.44, with some improvements. Read its description for details.
In firmware 2.3.125, iBasso made a change to the power management driver, to keep running 4 of 8 CPU cores when the screen is turned off (I remind you, that Android default behavior is to kill 7 cores). This allows to listen music formats that require high CPU load (and had affected sound signature for some :wink:). But this change introduced Android reboots, that some people experience. 2.3.125-L1 has power management driver reverted back to stable from 2.2.110. For those who miss more CPU cores, may launch USB Audio and turn "CPU Turbo Mode" on, leaving it at the background then (watch the icon in the status bar to be sure it is not closed!).

By the way, leaving USB Audio at the background with Turbo mode on for a long time does not lead to additional battery consumption. In my tests, during a night, it drained the same 3% with or without CPU Turbo.

Works well so far. Yes, the battery indicator is working (I missed it).
Thank you for fixing the issues!

Jun 25, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #6,737 of 22,021
i have a doubt about the memory card. i bought one sandisk(black)128 gb that is good for vide 4k.i formatted in android and chosen as internal memory but android tell me that the memory is slow. after this, android ask to move the files to memory card. i make this choice and nothind.
so i have to choose move the files later. i´m saving tidal offline music and tidale save in the internal memory.how can i also choose memory card?
I had the same problem. Format it as portable and problem solved.

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #6,739 of 22,021
Just uploaded the Lurker Firmware to my unit as well. Looks great. I had a paid Neutron subscription, so it was nice to add that to the player options through play store.
Thanks Lurker!
Cheers.

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:29 AM Post #6,740 of 22,021
Works well so far. Yes, the battery indicator is working (I missed it).
Thank you for fixing the issues!

Has anyone tried the flash using a MacBook Pro? I tried the instructions on Lurker's website, but I seem to be confused with the instructions. When I push the play button and connect to my laptop, is the device supposed to turn back on? How do I run rkflashtool?

Jun 26, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #6,741 of 22,021
When I push the play button and connect to my laptop, is the device supposed to turn back on?
No. It should enter bootloader mode, with screen turned off. It is good to keep Play button pressed for 5 seconds after you have attached the cable. To quit this mode, disconnect DX200 from the computer, press and hold Power button for 10 seconds (it turns DX200 off), then release the button and turn on as usual.

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #6,742 of 22,021
No. It should enter bootloader mode, with screen turned off. It is good to keep Play button pressed for 5 seconds after you have attached the cable. To quit this mode, disconnect DX200 from the computer, press and hold Power button for 10 seconds (it turns DX200 off), then release the button and turn on as usual.

I got tired of trying to figure out my Mac, so I installed it on my old school laptop. . . looks to be working so far. . . .

Jun 26, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #6,743 of 22,021
@Lurker0, thank you. Your efforts and contribution here are truly admirable.

Thank you for sharing your work, documenting and provide guidance.

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #6,747 of 22,021
Thx... Lurker, just upgraded to your latest custom firmware. Quite stable at all, no more auto reboot. But I have a problem in Mango player which are in all of the official firmware version. I have an 200GB Sandisk with a large amount of my songs which I collected in decades, around 23000 songs. Mango player will crash during scanning the SD card no matter in Android mode and Mango mode. Sometimes I need to scan few times in order to complete without crash, in fact really by chance. With the latest lurker firmware, I never scan the SD card successfully even once, that makes me cannot use Mango player anymore. Now I am using lurker hiby player but I think the sound signature has been changed and not the way I prefer. I'd rather stay with Mango player but it crashes all the time during scanning. I know it is not the mod of lurker firmware but does anymore encountered this problem and got a solution?? hiby and Poweramp have no problem in scanning this SD card.

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #6,748 of 22,021
Mango player will crash during scanning the SD card no matter in Android mode and Mango mode.
How much free space do you have at the internal storage? Lack of free space there can be the reason.

Jun 26, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #6,749 of 22,021
How much free space do you have at the internal storage? Lack of free space there can be the reason.

Internal : 12GB left, SD card 10.6GB left

Jun 26, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #6,750 of 22,021
Guys, new problem I hope you can advise on.... just installed AMP2 and it sounds great however the unit now keeps pausing itself regularly. I've taken the amp card out twice and 're connected it but still the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this? Or am I looking at something being faulty? I never had any problem with the original amp card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back